Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Infrared Tintcoat

IMG_20221118_144027_01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_130552.jpg
    IMG_20221130_130552.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20221130_130608.jpg
    IMG_20221130_130608.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20221205_165645386.jpg
    IMG_20221205_165645386.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
That the savage Cadillac badge? I'm looking to get their colored dark ones but site says it doesn't fit the blackwing. Maybe they referring to the automatic version. Hmm. Looks great!

Hah - yeah, I failed to read that part. It doesn't fit, but I made it work.

Someone in that thread says you can get the badge for the "base" model and it will fit right in on a manual Blackwing. I haven't confirmed that with Savage though.

Well shi
Hah - yeah, I failed to read that part. It doesn't fit, but I made it work.

Someone in that thread says you can get the badge for the "base" model and it will fit right in on a manual Blackwing. I haven't confirmed that with Savage though.
Well I couldn't tell. You made it look really good and flush. Mind giving a brief description of what you had to do to get it to fit so cleanly? Appreciate it!

Well shi

Well I couldn't tell. You made it look really good and flush. Mind giving a brief description of what you had to do to get it to fit so cleanly? Appreciate it!

Thanks! It was really a pretty hamfisted job. I just broke all the tabs off the savage one, stuck some 3M double sided tape on the back, and stuck it to the car. But it ended up looking good. I’ll take some more pics tomorrow and send them to you.

Thanks! It was really a pretty hamfisted job. I just broke all the tabs off the savage one, stuck some 3M double sided tape on the back, and stuck it to the car. But it ended up looking good. I’ll take some more pics tomorrow and send them to you.
I never would have guessed that lol. Thanks for the response! Have a Merry Christmas!

Since I believe this color thread will expand to include Radiant Red Tintcoat...3 photos taken with overcast skies on my iPhone 8+ (high technology, I know).
My observational notes of this CT4VBW today:
  • No flek / metallic.
  • I DO NOT feel like this is going to present 'orangish' undertones. As comparison, Mercedes has a color called Cardinal Red Metallic and that OFTEN has orange-undertones (and obviously metallic).
  • It is NOT as dark as Porsche Carmine Red...but it's an appropriate color-family comparison based on what I observed today.
  • There were no IR Tintcoat cars on the lot to offer a direct comparison. Also, I have never seen IRT, and can offer no opinion on the differences.
HNY to the BW Forums.

Attachments

• IMG_3760.jpg
    IMG_3760.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3758.jpg
    IMG_3758.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 134
@DinoPower .......Welcome and congrats! I think Radiant Red is very much welcomed here too. I've seen RR in person and it's very much like IR. Unless side by side, which I haven't done or seen, I don't think you could tell the difference.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back