Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The dark side of blackwing ownership

Unfortunately nobody is going to spend thousands, if not ten's of thousands of dollars doing research for a vehicle that has less then 25k cars built whose parts aren't interchangable. If you want that, you should have bought a Camaro or Mustang. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk by anymeans. Production numbers are where the money is at, and with the limited amount of production here, there's no money here. My other car had just over 180k produced, and there's only 3 main companies that do mods....and 1 of them is getting out of that car line.
The other confounding factor is the newest cars (including BWs) have encrypted networks and are proving to be VERY expensive to crack if you can at all. Combined with the EPA going after after-market tuners, it's not going to be worth it for most tuners to play in this space long-term (I expect significant consolidation with the Dinans and Hennesseys of the world being the last standing.)

Ford made the new ugly ass interior Mustang hard to crack for the ECU to tune. Cobb which is a big tuner for the vaping Subaru crowd has already stopped selling tunes that turn off the CEL issues and allowing cat deletes. People on Rennlist are already trying to scrounge up up old tunes for the 911 that Cobb won’t sell anymore.

Interestingly enough, I see no mention anywhere that Hennessey is working with the factory controllers. I suspect they are using a piggyback setup as I've only heard of one tuner who has cracked global-b for a Blackwing (4 only and last I read they're still working on cracking the 5.)

Interestingly enough, I see no mention anywhere that Hennessey is working with the factory controllers. I suspect they are using a piggyback setup as I've only heard of one tuner who has cracked global-b for a Blackwing (4 only and last I read they're still working on cracking the 5.)
HPTuners has been available for months now and they are using that for tunning.

Probably best to go big and use Motec for the ECU. Those piggy back systems usually fail at some point. Go custom Motec or go home. Now it’ll probably cost you 20 or 25k…. But you will be able to do whatever you want, maps for each gear, maps for street, racing with TC to do what you want.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back