Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I’ve found the secret sauce (track pads)

What set up do they run at Spring Mountain, EOM?
The instructor told me they run everything OEM with track alignment.
But, remember - Sprint Mountain is a ‘low’ speed technical track that isn’t so hard on brakes.

Once again, Mbar is spot on - "Spring Mountain is a ‘low’ speed technical track that isn’t so hard on brakes". Likely easier on brakes as well.

I checked my videos from SpringMountain (5 days total over 2 schools and a V-CLUB session). On the East track, I hit a max speed of 127MPH in a CT5V-BW (Oct 2022). The instructor reference lap also hits a max 127MPH but, beat my time by 10 sec. The instructor is obviously a better driver - slow in/carry speed/fast out. There is a bowl on the East track and 1 sweeper left turn on the North track but otherwise, I do not recall a lot of high speed / high G turns that would grind down tires. In the North track, I hit 107MPH in a CT4V-BW (May 2023).

In contrast to Spring Mountain, I have been routinely braking with my CT4V-BW from 130+MPH @ NJMP and from 138-140MPH @ Pocono. I expect to hit 140+ at VIR this weekend.

I posted this in another thread but figured more folks would find it useful here. I was chatting with someone who is campaigning a 4BW in SCCA this year. He is running the stock brakes with Hawk DTC80 front and DTC70 rears and says they are very good. He also said the Pagid RS29S worked well, but couldn't remember what compound they ran on the rear with those. As another data point, they just replaced the rotors that came on the car after 6 track weekends.

I'll add the caveat that this is a gutted and caged car on Hoosiers, so there is a bit less weight and more grip.

Resurrecting this thread.

Any updates on rear pad fitment issues? Looks like its not easy to source these EBC pads.

What are other good alternatives? Trying to find a track pad that will do the job on the street as well (ok with some extra rotor wear).

Resurrecting this thread.

Any updates on rear pad fitment issues? Looks like its not easy to source these EBC pads.

What are other good alternatives? Trying to find a track pad that will do the job on the street as well (ok with some extra rotor wear).
I have them on the shelf (only installed the fronts during my last track day) the car is in storage for winter season so I will only test the fitment next spring.

Stock pads on rear? Was car stopping well? Didn't throw off brake by wire system? My front pads lasted 2 track days (intermediate to advanced level), so stock fronts is not an option...

Stock pads on rear? Was car stopping well? Didn't throw off brake by wire system? My front pads lasted 2 track days (intermediate to advanced level), so stock fronts is not an option...
OEM pads lasted 3.5 track days at the front for me but we're almost down to the metal, I installed EBC SR11 and saw a significant difference in performance and confidence, I did not install the rear since the OEM had plenty of life left in them. I saw no problem with the brake system, the SR11 pads have a lot more initial bite but this could also be aggravated by the dead OEM pads vs new ones. The EBC SR11 series are supposed to last 2-3 times longer than comparable track pads because they are sinthered pads, they do produce some sort of ssshhhhh sound on the street and are pretty graby but this isn't my daily and this is still a lot less annoying vs pads that squeek like a garbage truck.

Great feedback. I might go same route actually - leave oem rears and get SR11 fronts. It is my daily but i don't drive much (5k miles/yr).

Great feedback. I might go same route actually - leave oem rears and get SR11 fronts. It is my daily but i don't drive much (5k miles/yr).

Hit me up. I have a front set of these pads you can have for cheap. They only had half a track day and less than 2k street miles.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back