Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Hill Start Assist with manual trans?

CT5-V Model

d0wnShifT

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Does the CT5V BW have hill start assist on manual transmissions? I've tried to activate it on a uphill, in first gear with the clutch in and released the brake. Would not hold. Is there something in the settings i need to dig for to turn it on?

I know the 4 has it... why would the 5 not have it? (I have a sissy A10 5bw... so can't say for sure)

Search 'Hill assist' in the forum

I don't have a lot of miles, but pretty sure it activated once on my 5BW with MT. It seems to take a pretty decent angle. With the clutch being so smooth don't really think it's necessary.

It will activate if the hill is steep enough, its automatic and you cannot turn it off.

It activates when you first reach a stop. If you creep up then it deactivates and doesn't seem to reactivate on the same hill.

It feels exactly the same as if you put on the parking brake manually. If you are worried about starting on a hill then just put the parking brake on and it will release automatically when you hit the gas.

It takes a greater grade than most other cars that I've had with hill hold. I've also noticed that if you let the clutch out (not crazy fast) without throttle pedal, the car takes off just fine. However, in the same situation, if you start to let the clutch out and barely tap the throttle the car will 100% leave the throttle up to you and you can't just let out the clutch without adding MORE throttle. If you tap a little throttle and let off, it will stall.

Thanks for the comments all. Guess i just haven't had a hill big enough for it to kick in. Certainly less sensitive than my previous vehicles!

"Hill Start Assist

Hill Start Assist is a feature that will temporarily hold the vehicle while on a grade. This feature will hold the vehicle 2-5 seconds after the driver has removed their foot from brake pedal and the vehicle is on a grade exceeding 5%."

From the service manual....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners