Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hello

Pmpnuss

Hello
I am looking to purchase a manual blackwing with the high performance seat. Just waiting on prices to get to my level. Lol
My question is there a way to see over revs on a used car. I see some track cars and wanted to see if they were over revved.
Cant wait to get one and be out there with you guys.

I didn’t intend to send the Google link. Disregard that. Just try the 800 number.

They can't be "over reved" since there is a fuel cutoff and yes I have hit it a few times to save an upshift. You can force a mechanical over rev by downshifting a manual car into too low a gear and letting out the clutch but that should never happen if the driver is reasonable competent.
But Cadillac does provide a rev counter that shows the total revolutions turned by the engine over its lifetime. I don't remember exactly how to get to it as it didn't seem very important to me but it might give you an idea of how hard the car has been driven.

The cars at Spring Mountain get seriously abused and hold up really well. I would be more concerned in looking at the car's maintenance records.

They can't be "over reved" since there is a fuel cutoff and yes I have hit it a few times to save an upshift. You can force a mechanical over rev by downshifting a manual car into too low a gear and letting out the clutch but that should never happen if the driver is reasonable competent.
But Cadillac does provide a rev counter that shows the total revolutions turned by the engine over its lifetime. I don't remember exactly how to get to it as it didn't seem very important to me but it might give you an idea of how hard the car has been driven.

The cars at Spring Mountain get seriously abused and hold up really well. I would be more concerned in looking at the car's maintenance records.
are you referring to the rev counter in the instrument panel? I've seen that menu. I like how it lists how many hours the engine has on it. Reminds me of how they show the age of engines in boats.

are you referring to the rev counter in the instrument panel? I've seen that menu. I like how it lists how many hours the engine has on it. Reminds me of how they show the age of engines in boats.
If you scroll to Engine Maintenance in the 5BW, it shows both Total Engine Hours(like a boat) and Revs/10,000 which gives total revs for the engine.

Did you get any additional info on this?

A friend just scared me recently discussing dealer transfer stories (attendants driving cars between dealers). My car had ~200 miles on it new so got me thinking...

It sounds like the ECU may store over rev conditions for warranty reasons but haven't seen anyone confirm that

Did you get any additional info on this?

A friend just scared me recently discussing dealer transfer stories (attendants driving cars between dealers). My car had ~200 miles on it new so got me thinking...

It sounds like the ECU may store over rev conditions for warranty reasons but haven't seen anyone confirm that
I used to do what were called "dealer swaps" for Audi. You would either drive a similar vehicle (different trim, color, etc.) to another dealership and bring back the one that the customer wanted, or you would drive the dealership's beater to another dealership and drive back a car that a customer wanted. The further I ever did one was from Albany to Buffalo. That was close to 300 miles.

I used to do what were called "dealer swaps" for Audi. You would either drive a similar vehicle (different trim, color, etc.) to another dealership and bring back the one that the customer wanted, or you would drive the dealership's beater to another dealership and drive back a car that a customer wanted. The further I ever did one was from Albany to Buffalo. That was close to 300 miles.

Yeah, when I got my charger I saw that the top speed was 127 mph. Having a manual in the mix though feels like more damage could be done so would be nice to know whether new or used if there's a way to specifically check any codes for things like over rev

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back