Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hello from texas

Tim09gxp

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
ATS V next
Hello all I’m currently researching for my next car and wanted something I can haul the kids and autocross. I think I will be trying to locate a good condition ATS-V or maybe even a CT4 blackwing. I won’t be buying until 2024 but wanted to start looking into the cars now.

The ATS is a nice little car. The Coupe is a 2 place car because the back seat is, for all intents and purposes, unusable. Almost impossible to get into the back seat and if you do, you have to sit sideways. I had one and as a 2 seater, it's ok. But it's not a family car. I recommend the CTS or a CT5.

The ATS is a nice little car. The Coupe is a 2 place car because the back seat is, for all intents and purposes, unusable. Almost impossible to get into the back seat and if you do, you have to sit sideways. I had one and as a 2 seater, it's ok. But it's not a family car. I recommend the CTS or a CT5.
I have a Pacifica for the family car. This would be my car and only used as a family vehicle if the Pacifica was in the shop I just need back seats as a what if

Ok. Then go for it. The ATS -V was a fun car. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that if you get a coupe,, it's a 2 seater. I have a 22 CT5V BW. Also a nice car. The license plate says 0260N4S. Because it will.

Hello all I’m currently researching for my next car and wanted something I can haul the kids and autocross. I think I will be trying to locate a good condition ATS-V or maybe even a CT4 blackwing. I won’t be buying until 2024 but wanted to start looking into the cars now.
Are you looking for a manual or an auto trans? If you want an auto then try and swing the CT4V BW - the 10 speed auto is a superior transmission to the 8 speed auto in the ATS-V. The internet is full of info about the multitude of issues with GM’s 8 speed. If you want a manual, it’s a lot easier to find in the ATS-V coupe than in the sedan, but not impossible. It becomes a cost-benefit trade. I have a 2016 ATS-V 4D 6MT that I absolutely love, but I decided to upgrade to the 4V BW after taking one for a test drive. I think the exterior styling is a big step down from the ATS-V but not everyone agrees. The 4V BW interior is nicer but not more comfortable IMO, and it does drive better as hard as that was for me to believe since I thought the ATS-V was just about perfect. The 4th gen magnetic shocks in the 4V BW are a notable improvement over the ATS-V, but they move the needle from 10 to 11. On the other hand, the 4V BW will also cost ~$30K more than a good used ATS-V. That’s just my $.02 from someone who spent a lot of time researching the ATS-V before taking the plunge, has owned one for 3 years, and is anxiously awaiting delivery of my 4V BW that was built a month ago and is still sitting in the goat pen lot of doom.

I had an ATS-V Coupe. Nice little car. Emphasis on "little". It is a 2 seat car. The back seat is useless. Entry and exit are very difficult. Once in the back seat, the single occupant has to sit sideways.

I suspect the Sedan would also be cramped in the back seat.

Great performance. Just understand that it is a 2 seat car.

I now have a 22 CT5V BW. Great car. Well, it is now, since Sewell Cadillac (Dallas) replaced the engine, which came apart at 5400 miles. Cost me nothing. Cost Cadillac $27,000.

The ATS and CT4 sedans aren't bad in the rear seats. I'm 6ft and I fit well enough, but that's also dependent on how tall the driver and front passenger are. I was actually surprised that it was livable.

The ATS coupe however, is truly a 2 seater in size.

Last edited:
I don't know the builder. It was (probably) not his fault. The engine failed internally. I was told that the failure was associated with connecting rods and bearings. Tear down revealed metal pieces in the oil. It was factory oil, since I had not yet had an oil change. Sewell came (40 miles) to get the car, brought me a loaner and kept me informed as to the progress of the engine replacement. As usual, customer service was first rate. Total time from failure to replacement was 3 weeks.

I don't know the builder. It was (probably) not his fault. The engine failed internally. I was told that the failure was associated with connecting rods and bearings. Tear down revealed metal pieces in the oil. It was factory oil, since I had not yet had an oil change. Sewell came (40 miles) to get the car, brought me a loaner and kept me informed as to the progress of the engine replacement. As usual, customer service was first rate. Total time from failure to replacement was 3 weeks.
3 weeks? That’s pretty quick!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners