Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hello from Phoenix

ChrisInPhx

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V BW
Hello all, new to the forum and the brand actually. Just put in my 2023 CT4-V BW order last week after having an allocation slot for a few months. Got lucky since someone dropped out of their spot for a manual, and I was next in line, otherwise, would have been many more months!

I ordered a Blaze Orange, 6spd MT, Sky Cool Grey seats with the Red Belts, Graphite wheels with Blue Calipers with a Sunroof. Carbon packages are currently not available, and don't seem to be anytime soon.

My build week is scheduled for August 14th. I haven't seen a Blaze Orange car in person yet, and not sure how this will turn out. The 2023 red with that interior choice would be perfect, but there are so many red cars out there that the BO seemed to be a more unique choice. I've seen the Electric Blue in person too, and while that's a great color, I felt the Orange really showed this car's true lines, vents and accents better.

Can anyone with a blaze orange BW chime in with their thoughts? I love the shadow metallic, and even the Rift, but sooo many white, grey and black cars on the road. Figured the Orange was a bit more unique.
Thanks!
Chris.

My build week is scheduled for August 14th.
Welcome. And grats!

My TPW is the week before yours. We're both lucky. The manual is currently on constraint. I was at my dealer today, and the sales manager told me there were only 60 manual CT4s for the entire nation in this first batch of allocations. Looks like you and I got 2 of them.

Welcome. And grats!

My TPW is the week before yours. We're both lucky. The manual is currently on constraint. I was at my dealer today, and the sales manager told me there were only 60 manual CT4s for the entire nation in this first batch of allocations. Looks like you and I got 2 of them.
GM: gives manual transmissions one last HOORAH!

Also GM: puts manual transmission on constraint.

Sounds about right lol welcome and congrats OP! Hope you have something to occupy your time while you wait

Thank you both!

Yes, I heard that they only allocate 13 manuals / month, but not sure if that's for both 4 & 5s or just the 4s, but either way, happy we were able to grab ours!

Speaking of constraint, I was a bit bummed about the carbon fiber package #1 since GM isn't even allowing it to be ordered. But, it did save me over $7k because the dealer said that you couldn't just order the #1 package, you had to get both, which is another one of those gotchas that they don't really tell you about on the website.

@Berserker What color combo (int/ext) did you order?

@Ivy1Le Assuming that's your red one in the photo?

Thank you both!

Yes, I heard that they only allocate 13 manuals / month, but not sure if that's for both 4 & 5s or just the 4s, but either way, happy we were able to grab ours!

Speaking of constraint, I was a bit bummed about the carbon fiber package #1 since GM isn't even allowing it to be ordered. But, it did save me over $7k because the dealer said that you couldn't just order the #1 package, you had to get both, which is another one of those gotchas that they don't really tell you about on the website.

@Ivy1Le Assuming that's your red one in the photo?
It's blaze orange and it's sold already. A great daily wasn't on my personal shopping list right now but I'll be back

I originally ordered a manual Rift, tan leather sports seats, the base wheels, and bronze calipers. I was going for a stealth look. No other options.

I picked up an allocation a manual for Rift, black leather sports seats with red belts, Tech Bronze wheels, and red calipers. Plus PDR, HUD, sunroof.

It was "close enough" to the build I wanted. The black leather seats and bronze wheels were both my second choices. As it happened, when I was at the dealer today they had a pre-owned CT5 BW in White (close to Rift), with the Tech Bronze wheels and I thought it looked great. It also had the exact same seats I am getting (style and color), and I really liked them. I also absolutely loved the gearbox and driving position (just sitting in the showroom). The gearshift felt godly. I think I am going to be really, really happy with my car.

Thank you both for the info. I struggled with the stealth mode with Shadow Metallic or Rift options, but it's not often that car companies come out with some cool colors for a car, so the blaze orange was what I kept navigating towards.

I keep hearing how great the shifting is on these cars.. I currently have a 2013 bmw 335is with a manual and I'm not a fan of that shifter. I had a 2000 Audi S4 with a manual 6spd as well, and that shifter was great.. It just popped into your hand on upshifts, and was buttery smooth. I'm hoping that this shifter is more like that than the bmw. Can't wait to find out.

Thank you both for the info. I struggled with the stealth mode with Shadow Metallic or Rift options, but it's not often that car companies come out with some cool colors for a car, so the blaze orange was what I kept navigating towards.

I keep hearing how great the shifting is on these cars.. I currently have a 2013 bmw 335is with a manual and I'm not a fan of that shifter. I had a 2000 Audi S4 with a manual 6spd as well, and that shifter was great.. It just popped into your hand on upshifts, and was buttery smooth. I'm hoping that this shifter is more like that than the bmw. Can't wait to find out.
you're going to like how it shifts. Clutch engagement is firm but not overly aggressive. I didn't feel any vagueness in it, very easy to learn the grab point. Throws are pretty short and smooth. One thing I did keep doing was going from neutral to third instead of first, but I'm going to chalk that up to driver mod lol I had no complaints at all about shifting my own gears in this car

Congratulations and welcome.

I got my 5BW a few weeks ago and I also owned a 2009 335i. I wasn't a huge fan of the BMW shifter, either, just not a strong point of that car. You'll be relieved to know that the Cadillac/Tremec manual shifter is much better.

I got my 5BW a few weeks ago and I also owned a 2009 335i. I wasn't a huge fan of the BMW shifter, either, just not a strong point of that car. You'll be relieved to know that the Cadillac/Tremec manual shifter is much better.
Thanks for the info on the BW shifters.. Every YouTuber says how great the shifter is. While I love my 335is, I'm thinking that once I get the BW, I'll never drive the bmw again and probably sell it, even though it's a rare car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back