Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing: Badge removal/installation

Orange Whip

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT$-V Blackwing
Just picked up a 2022 CT4-V BW in Blaze Orange. First mod will be to delete the two chrome V-badges on the doors, then replace all the others with black equivalents.

For people who've done it: what's the removal process for the grille and trunk shields? I assume the CT4 and V/BW badges on the trunk lid will come off with heat and fishing line.

I did read that the grille emblem, per the cadillac repair guide, requires dropping the bumper. One member was able to squeeze his fingers in behind the grille and pry back on all of the emblem tabs (one on each corner of the badge he said). Others have just recommended basically breaking it off...pull from the top middle with vice grips.

I will be doing the same thing to my car. Not sure yet about the front grille badge but for all the 3M backed sticky badges, a few tips after doing a couple cars.

1. Get purple painters tape (it's the sensitive/automotive kind) and outline the badge's bottom and left or right side of the emblem. That way you can perfectly line up where the new badge will go after removal.
2. Before hitting it with heat and a fishing line, get some automotive goo-b-gone and soak the adheisve. I've found its much easier to get it off with a 15 minute pre-soak
3. Then go in with the heat lightly and fishing line.
4. Reisudal glue I use more goo-b-gone and a microfiber towel and soak it to remove. I don't love the rubber wheel attachments, but people like them so.

I will be doing the same thing to my car. Not sure yet about the front grille badge but for all the 3M backed sticky badges, a few tips after doing a couple cars.

1. Get purple painters tape (it's the sensitive/automotive kind) and outline the badge's bottom and left or right side of the emblem. That way you can perfectly line up where the new badge will go after removal.
2. Before hitting it with heat and a fishing line, get some automotive goo-b-gone and soak the adheisve. I've found its much easier to get it off with a 15 minute pre-soak
3. Then go in with the heat lightly and fishing line.
4. Reisudal glue I use more goo-b-gone and a microfiber towel and soak it to remove. I don't love the rubber wheel attachments, but people like them so.
I'll be doing my grille emblem in a couple of days. I'll probably just use pliers and break the old one off from the top middle as I've read on here from someone else. My adaptive cruise control is intermittent and I think it's because of the front badge the prior owner put on the car (it's a blacked out one with no center clear gloss area that the adaptive cruise ones have) as I just purchased my 2023 Blackwing two weeks ago.

I'll be doing my grille emblem in a couple of days. I'll probably just use pliers and break the old one off from the top middle as I've read on here from someone else. My adaptive cruise control is intermittent and I think it's because of the front badge the prior owner put on the car (it's a blacked out one with no center clear gloss area that the adaptive cruise ones have) as I just purchased my 2023 Blackwing two weeks ago.
I hope you're not driving an A10 with a front badge different from the OEM.

I hope you're not driving an A10 with a front badge different from the OEM.
It is an A10 and the badge was purchased from savagecadillac.com and is the adaptive cruise badge and is compatible (Oliver, the owner of the site confirmed this and others have ordered here before so I trust this). I think it's just a sticker overlay on a factory adaptive cruise emblem, but it looks good regardless and I think I need a new emblem anyways.

Apologies, I was not aware of a front badge replacement that works with cruise.

Apologies, I was not aware of a front badge replacement that works with cruise.
Yep! I will test it out and (hopefully remember to) post back here to confirm it works. Although I am already having inconsistent adaptive cruise control functionality currently (it recognizes cars every now and then but 95% of the time it's inop and I think it's due to the prior owner installing a non-adaptive cruise blacked out emblem), this may resolve it due to the prior owner's likely mistake.

Yep! I will test it out and (hopefully remember to) post back here to confirm it works. Although I am already having inconsistent adaptive cruise control functionality currently (it recognizes cars every now and then but 95% of the time it's inop and I think it's due to the prior owner installing a non-adaptive cruise blacked out emblem), this may resolve it due to the prior owner's likely mistake.
@Bulletbling Can you please share the Savage link to the badge that you bought which works with adaptive cruise.

Thanks

@Bulletbling Can you please share the Savage link to the badge that you bought which works with adaptive cruise.

Thanks
Sure thing. Here you go:

Idk if this is a new release or not, but it appears as a pop up on the website whenever I visit it. Maybe because it's a newer release? No clue.

I found this video, with useful info for swapping out the rear shield badge. Looks like you don't need to remove the trunk lid liner, as long as you're careful prying off the badge.

Does anyone have experience with the black badges on Ebay, specifically the CT4 and V-badges for the trunklid?

This is for the older generation. I think the current ct4/ct5 gen has holes in the paint with clips...

See official GM instructions. Site Maintenance

In my opinion for the rear trunk there is no real other option. I GUESS you could attempt to get the badge loose enough and try to cut or break those tabs, but i don't see how you do it without risking damaging your car. Its pretty easy to remove, you definitely need some plastic trim tools however, and tghey do take a good amount of force, just make sure you are applying it to the clip and not the liner, or else you will rip the glue/adhearance of the liner to the clip.

So you do need to remove the trunk lid liner?
I would remove the liner. The liner is very easy to remove and install. Just clips holding the liner and if a clip comes off, just use gorilla glue to put the clip back on the liner. No big deal at all replacing the rear emblem.

I would remove the liner. The liner is very easy to remove and install. Just clips holding the liner and if a clip comes off, just use gorilla glue to put the clip back on the liner. No big deal at all replacing the rear emblem.
General reply: I did this yesterday, and while not hard, it is tricksy. Two of the clips are hiding behind the trunk lid hinges.

I did detach three clips from the liner. Since the liner is so light, I'm wondering if it would be better to use velcro to rejoin them to the clips, rather than glue.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back