Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Heater Ticking Sound

Deneed4spd

Seasoned Member
Most of us don’t drive the BW when it’s in the 40s but since I’m in MN, I have to drive the car anytime I get a chance before winter slumber. Anyhow, as the heater has kicked in, I’m hear this ticking noise in cabin almost to the point of an old clock. Ticking stays at the same cadence until I turn off heater and then it stops. Anyone else have this issue?

Wild, I started picking up on something similar in my 5BW last week. I’ve had the car since May, but this is the coldest weather it’s seen so far. Hard to hear over music, and it’ll go away once I turn the heat off. Very inconsistent as well.

I drive in the 40s all the time here and haven't heard this one with 30k miles on the odometer.

In ‘Sota to and I haven't heard it. Sorry, hopefully it is something easy to resolve.

I don't even know if my heater works....
Do you know what those 2 big arms at the bottom of the windshield with what looks like squeegees attached to them are for? Never used them.

Heater and squeegees outside on an arm?? Huh? Not sure what those are along with that umber thingy some guys have.

That's because it doesn't rain in your garage.
paul rudd smiling GIF by Anchorman Movie

A couple of weeks ago I went to take out my bw. It was lightly sprinkling out. I didn't even get out of my driveway. I pulled it right back in and took my other car. I didn't want to get the black car dirty and have to wash it in the cold weather.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back