Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Head Rest - Adjustable?

Mikezulu18

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
This might be a stupid question but on the upgraded "Jet Black, Leather Seating Surfaces with Mini-Perforated Custom Quilted inserts and sueded front seatbacks" for the CT4-BW are the headrest adjustable at all or is it set to be a one size fits all?

Eric

I'm kind of curious about the headrests too. They don't look adjustable, but there is some language somewhere about the seating being 'helmet friendly' or some such phrase so even fixed they should sit back a decent amount... As long as they're not forcing me to chose between staring at my knees or tilting the seat into the rear passenger's lap just to look out the windshield!

I'm kind of curious about the headrests too. They don't look adjustable, but there is some language somewhere about the seating being 'helmet friendly' or some such phrase so even fixed they should sit back a decent amount... As long as they're not forcing me to chose between staring at my knees or tilting the seat into the rear passenger's lap just to look out the windshield!
Agree it also appears there is no documents holders or what not on the back of the seat as dumb as it sounds I actually like that. I also want to make sure that the headrest would be comfortable for long drives. I own on DD driving the crap out of this car. My dealer said he can make changes till Sunday. @Mirza Grebovic any thoughts?

Last edited:
Pretty sure the launch video mentioned headrests as helmet friendly so no you will not be forced forward. I also do not think they are adjustable.

Agree it also appears there is no documents holders or what not on the back of the seat as dumb as it sounds I actually like that. I also want to make sure that the headrest would be comfortable for long drives. I own on DD driving the crap out of this car. My dealer said he can make changes till Sunday. @Mirza Grebovic any thoughts?
There is an optional leather pouch for the seatback if that helps:
1622310288131.png

Not exactly the same thing, and it appears to have kind of an ugly clip that you see from the front.
1622310420348.png

There is an optional leather pouch for the seatback if that helps:
View attachment 3458
Not exactly the same thing, and it appears to have kind of an ugly clip that you see from the front.
View attachment 3459
Not only would those offer additional storage, they would act as a protector as well. Hopefully, they’re backed by something so as not to scratch the seat backs.

Not only would those offer additional storage, they would act as a protector as well. Hopefully, they’re backed by something so as not to scratch the seat backs.
Yeah I like it other than the hook

The thing that has me worried is my leg hitting the steering wheel while pushing in the clutch..Being 6'7" and 265 lbs that could be a problem...
Yeah I hear ya. I sit a little closer to the wheel cause in a weirdo. For me it really is how comfortable the seats are when laid back cruising. I'm debating going back to the stock seats cause the headrests looks to be adjustable. Speed means alot but for 70k this car better be comfortable with the top tier seats and I'm just unsure of it.

Yeah I hear ya. I sit a little closer to the wheel cause in a weirdo. For me it really is how comfortable the seats are when laid back cruising. I'm debating going back to the stock seats cause the headrests looks to be adjustable. Speed means alot but for 70k this car better be comfortable with the top tier seats and I'm just unsure of it.
I know, I have the base seats in my V3 and they’re super comfy (with adjustable headrests). I was actually just thinking about this earlier today. I want the semi-aniline leather though, so high performance seats it is.

I know, I have the base seats in my V3 and they’re super comfy (with adjustable headrests). I was actually just thinking about this earlier today. I want the semi-aniline leather though, so high performance seats it is.
Yeah I have kinda said F it at this point.... Still debating though lol

those headrests will be non-adjustable...similar to the Recaro seats in the CTS-V3...but they don't push your head forward at all so I hope the same goes for the new seats.

those headrests will be non-adjustable...similar to the Recaro seats in the CTS-V3...but they don't push your head forward at all so I hope the same goes for the new seats.
Did you find them comfortable

The high performance seats do NOT have an adjustable headrest and they are just fine. I relax in em on loNg drives to the plant the all time, especially ind the ones with the massage option 😬. Yes no room for anything in back as far as storage in seat back. Just a flat fixed back panel.

Trust me you will NOT regret it. Those seats are just wow.

The thing that has me worried is my leg hitting the steering wheel while pushing in the clutch..Being 6'7" and 265 lbs that could be a problem...
The good news is that wheel is very adjustable, up and back and you should have plenty room. Also, that clutch does not need to go to the bottom/rest for shifts, very small push of clutch for quick or comfy shifts. How was sitting in the car? I remeber seeing it put together the first time, I shed a few tears of joy. Gorgeous car.

Pretty sure the launch video mentioned headrests as helmet friendly so no you will not be forced forward. I also do not think they are adjustable.
We designed the seats with helmets in mind, and trialed them with helmets on.

Trust me you will NOT regret it. Those seats are just wow.
I know! They look great. I had the Recaros in the car I drove at Spring Mountain and I fit fine. The cooling and massage will just be icing on the cake.

That’s all we get, a mug shot of you sitting in one? Come on Steve, no holding out. Lol.

We designed the seats with helmets in mind, and trialed them with helmets on.
I'm curious if you tried them with a helmet and something like the Simpson Hybrid S? Having a HANS strapped to your back and behind your neck tends to change the angle of everything n the seat.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back