Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Leaving the goat rodeo - Looking for someone that might be interested in taking over my order

CT5-V Model

DomeDepot

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Ordered 22' Electric Blue Ct5V BW
Yep the title reads correctly. Due to some unfortunate recent financial circumstances I won't be able to afford the CT5V BW that I have on order.

I haven't contacted the dealer about this yet, and before I do I wanted to see if anyone would be interested to take over my 2022 build before it's delivered to the dealer. Ordered from a dealer located in IL (Chicagoland area) that doesn't have any ADM on custom ordered cars, but they do add ADM if I cancel the order and they put the car on their lot. So I thought this post would be a great opportunity for me to find someone that wasn't able to get a 22' build slot and replace me. Doing all this (hopefully) without the dealer adding the ADM. Planning on contacting the dealer once I find someone.

Currently the car was built week of 6/13, but delayed due to 'missing chips' and you can see the car/vin in the build tracker under my name.

CT5V BW price/spec: $89,900
- 6MT
- Electric Blue (ext)
- Jet Black with Jet Black accents, Leather Seating Surfaces - $3k seats with suede back (int)
- Red Seatbelt
- Red Brakes
- Base Wheels (black and polished)

If you're interested or know of someone that might be interested, please DM me. If you have questions, just throw em in the thread and I'll answer them the best I can.

As much as it sucks to leave the goat rodeo under these circumstances, I'd still want someone else to enjoy the car that's a part of this community.

Hopefully I will be able to join back and be a part of the rodeo again for a 23' or 24' MY.

I wonder if the dealer would agree to this. They might want to offer the car to the next person in line with an order that didn’t get picked up. That’s the way my dealer operates anyway.

That’s not going to fly with the dealer. Dustin explained the procedure a couple months ago.
You don’t get to choose who gets the car, it their allocation until you sign and pay for it. Then it’s yours. You probably should call and let them know, that would be the right thing to do.

Very kind of you to try and help a fellow enthusiast. As the others said, the dealer is unlikely to comply, but it hurts nothing if someone PMs you and you pass their name over as an option.

That’s not going to fly with the dealer. Dustin explained the procedure a couple months ago.
You don’t get to choose who gets the car, it their allocation until you sign and pay for it. Then it’s yours. You probably should call and let them know, that would be the right thing to do.
I would call today, but they're closed on sundays, so will be finding out more info tomorrow. But regardless of the fact, even if its 'their' allocation wouldn't I still have say in where the car goes since I have a deposit down on the car already?

I wonder if the dealer would agree to this. They might want to offer the car to the next person in line with an order that didn’t get picked up. That’s the way my dealer operates anyway.
Well funny thing is here, when I ordered the car, I was 7th in line, I managed to skip the line by having my build have 0 constrained items and securing that allocation. I'm not sure if the same will happen when offering the car to other people in line. Idk we'll see

Except the car is built already? They offer it as an abandoned delivery.

Why not just take delivery and sell it on cars and bids or bring a trailer? I feel like overall you have a well specced car and even with taxes and today's financial situation you stand to make a decent profit on it.

I would call today, but they're closed on sundays, so will be finding out more info tomorrow. But regardless of the fact, even if its 'their' allocation wouldn't I still have say in where the car goes since I have a deposit down on the car already?
Only if you completed the purchase in your name and then turned around and sold it as a “used” vehicle.

Why not just take delivery and sell it on cars and bids or bring a trailer? I feel like overall you have a well specced car and even with taxes and today's financial situation you stand to make a decent profit on it.
I've been thinking about this as well, if I'm not able to switch my position with the dealer. I would probably take delivery and sell on CaB or BaT. Maybe put out some feelers on this forum first before doing that.
Only if you completed the purchase in your name and then turned around and sold it as a “used” vehicle.
I see, that definitely makes sense. Seems like no other way around it

It's possible they may let you but like others said they probably won't. If they are selling at MSRP to you, they would not want you to sell your place in line on the side without them getting cut in on the action😉

We all know you have honest intentions and you want to help someone out here on the forum, but the dealership may not believe that.

If you don't want to buy it and flip it yourself, talk to the dealer about your situation. You could always post a quick offer on the site when they have it for sale. I have seen other members do this, so as long as it's not a dealership posting directly.

I've been thinking about this as well, if I'm not able to switch my position with the dealer. I would probably take delivery and sell on CaB or BaT. Maybe put out some feelers on this forum first before doing that.

I see, that definitely makes sense. Seems like no other way around it

If you don't want to buy it and flip it yourself, talk to the dealer about your situation. You could always post a quick offer on the site when they have it for sale. I have seen other members do this, so as long as it's not a dealership posting directly.
Good idea, will look into that

Hmm.

Just a heads up if you decide to flip it (no judgment here if that's what you want to do) ... the only way that's going to work is if you pay cash for it. Not only because sites like BaT rarely accept a car without clear title, but mostly because anyone who's going to pay you top price for it will won't want to pay your buyout with their money and wait a month for the title to get there. Even if you pay cash, depending on your state, it usually takes weeks for a dealer's title dept to turn around a title, it will take several months if you finance the car, wait for the finance company to get the title, pay it off, and wait for them to notify the DMV to release the title to you. So if you finance you better be prepared to park it for three or so months and to not get the best price at resale. So my recommendation is to only do it if you can write a check for it and list it the moment you get the title from the DMV.

By the time you pay the sales tax it might be a whole to do just to pocket a few grand, although form what I can tell there's very few 5BW manuals for sale out there. Only you can decide if it's worth the hassle and investment. Just be careful.

Just a heads up if you decide to flip it (no judgment here if that's what you want to do) ... the only way that's going to work is if you pay cash for it. Not only because sites like BaT rarely accept a car without clear title, but mostly because anyone who's going to pay you top price for it will won't want to pay your buyout with their money and wait a month for the title to get there. Even if you pay cash, depending on your state, it usually takes weeks for a dealer's title dept to turn around a title, it will take several months if you finance the car, wait for the finance company to get the title, pay it off, and wait for them to notify the DMV to release the title to you. So if you finance you better be prepared to park it for three or so months and to not get the best price at resale. So my recommendation is to only do it if you can write a check for it and list it the moment you get the title from the DMV.

By the time you pay the sales tax it might be a whole to do just to pocket a few grand, although form what I can tell there's very few 5BW manuals for sale out there. Only you can decide if it's worth the hassle and investment. Just be careful.
If the BW lands and you get it, knock the feathers off it. Then let her go?

Last edited:
And any money that is made on it is taxable. I’m really not that sure after all the time and effort if the end result will be that satisfying. Also, there is always the remote possibly that the car gets into a accident and that could affect the resale value. For me these kinda deals seem fraught with land mines. Maybe I’m just more risk adverse as I get older.

Paying cash and immediately selling seems the least risky.

The car seems a little bare bones to me. Does it at least have the parking pkg?

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't buy the car to flip it. Either your circumstances make this car purchase sensible or they don't. If things have changed then being up front with the dealer is where I would go. That probably gives you the best shot of reentry to their wait list if you truly think in a year or two it would work to buy one. If I were in the dealer's shoes, I wouldn't sell you a second one if you flipped the first one. Most of us here are bothered by the prevalence of ADMs and while there is a chance that one is added by the dealer if you drop out, there is a certainty that this car won't be available for MSRP is you follow through with the purchase only to resell it.

And as @soulsea mentioned, unless you pay cash a flip is a risky proposition. Lots of people will pass if you don't have title in hand.

Yep the title reads correctly. Due to some unfortunate recent financial circumstances I won't be able to afford the CT5V BW that I have on order.

I haven't contacted the dealer about this yet, and before I do I wanted to see if anyone would be interested to take over my 2022 build before it's delivered to the dealer. Ordered from a dealer located in IL (Chicagoland area) that doesn't have any ADM on custom ordered cars, but they do add ADM if I cancel the order and they put the car on their lot. So I thought this post would be a great opportunity for me to find someone that wasn't able to get a 22' build slot and replace me. Doing all this (hopefully) without the dealer adding the ADM. Planning on contacting the dealer once I find someone.

Currently the car was built week of 6/13, but delayed due to 'missing chips' and you can see the car/vin in the build tracker under my name.

CT5V BW price/spec: $89,900
- 6MT
- Electric Blue (ext)
- Jet Black with Jet Black accents, Leather Seating Surfaces - $3k seats with suede back (int)
- Red Seatbelt
- Red Brakes
- Base Wheels (black and polished)

If you're interested or know of someone that might be interested, please DM me. If you have questions, just throw em in the thread and I'll answer them the best I can.

As much as it sucks to leave the goat rodeo under these circumstances, I'd still want someone else to enjoy the car that's a part of this community.

Hopefully I will be able to join back and be a part of the rodeo again for a 23' or 24' MY.
I’m sorry if I responded in the wrong spot but please text me at 7274300591 and I think I could work it out for us both

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back