Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Leaving the goat rodeo - Looking for someone that might be interested in taking over my order

CT5-V Model
And be careful about people you meet on the internet.
They're right...
IMG_20220627_072526.jpg

Just a heads up if you decide to flip it (no judgment here if that's what you want to do) ... the only way that's going to work is if you pay cash for it. Not only because sites like BaT rarely accept a car without clear title, but mostly because anyone who's going to pay you top price for it will won't want to pay your buyout with their money and wait a month for the title to get there. Even if you pay cash, depending on your state, it usually takes weeks for a dealer's title dept to turn around a title, it will take several months if you finance the car, wait for the finance company to get the title, pay it off, and wait for them to notify the DMV to release the title to you. So if you finance you better be prepared to park it for three or so months and to not get the best price at resale. So my recommendation is to only do it if you can write a check for it and list it the moment you get the title from the DMV.

By the time you pay the sales tax it might be a whole to do just to pocket a few grand, although form what I can tell there's very few 5BW manuals for sale out there. Only you can decide if it's worth the hassle and investment. Just be careful.
Can always try to finance it via Lightstream. Collateral free loans, you keep the title and dont even need to put them as a lien holder. I'd usually do this when I'm trying to sell a car so i have the title on hand ahead of time. Interest rates are higher than regular collateral loans from banks but it wouldnt matter if you're selling it and wont accrue the interest (or atleast it will be negligible for a quick flip).
Only kicker is, Lightstream max out at $100K. So if its more than that, he'd have to cover the difference.

Based on all things @soulsea mentioned, the effort, and bag holding the car for a couple months isn't worth the stress and couple grand made in the flipping.

So far have had a few people reach out via DM and will see if I can get something worked out with the dealer here. If not I might just cancel the order and let the dealer take care of it. I value less headache and stress over a couple grand made (that ends up being taxed again as well).

The exact same thing happened to me.. Ordered the BW in August, delivered in March, then hit with a massive tax bill in April [ That I just sent into the treasury. You're welcome warmongers ] .

Dealer will not let you chose who takes over your order. You will need to buy it, then sell it if you want to do that. Which means you also get to lay claim to the Track Days packaged with the new car!

I ended up taking delivery of the car, enjoyed her for 800 miles or so, then listed on the local newspaper classified website, KSL.. It sold in about 10 minutes at +15k.. This was enough to cover tax on the car plus a little for having the deposit tied up for months.

I am sure if i waited longer or listed in more places, it would have brought in more. But I was also not looking to flip for profit, instead to simply settle the IRS bill. Which is now paid. =/

Looking to get back into a '24 when the time comes.

GLWS, you should have no problem.

Yep the title reads correctly. Due to some unfortunate recent financial circumstances I won't be able to afford the CT5V BW that I have on order.

I haven't contacted the dealer about this yet, and before I do I wanted to see if anyone would be interested to take over my 2022 build before it's delivered to the dealer. Ordered from a dealer located in IL (Chicagoland area) that doesn't have any ADM on custom ordered cars, but they do add ADM if I cancel the order and they put the car on their lot. So I thought this post would be a great opportunity for me to find someone that wasn't able to get a 22' build slot and replace me. Doing all this (hopefully) without the dealer adding the ADM. Planning on contacting the dealer once I find someone.

Currently the car was built week of 6/13, but delayed due to 'missing chips' and you can see the car/vin in the build tracker under my name.

CT5V BW price/spec: $89,900
- 6MT
- Electric Blue (ext)
- Jet Black with Jet Black accents, Leather Seating Surfaces - $3k seats with suede back (int)
- Red Seatbelt
- Red Brakes
- Base Wheels (black and polished)

If you're interested or know of someone that might be interested, please DM me. If you have questions, just throw em in the thread and I'll answer them the best I can.

As much as it sucks to leave the goat rodeo under these circumstances, I'd still want someone else to enjoy the car that's a part of this community.

Hopefully I will be able to join back and be a part of the rodeo again for a 23' or 24' MY.
Sorry to see you go and I hope all works out OK for you. Hopefully someone on here can take over your order.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back