Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Has anyone driven 992 Manual?

thanks for remainder. totally varied RPM in the mountain drive and german autobahn. very tempted to go > 4k rpm actually : )
Okay, glad to hear that! How many miles or km do you have now? For what it’s worth, I only made it 500 miles before launch control. :). I also did some fully warmed engine highway pulls to redline through a gear or two in the 200-400 mile range.

I didn’t buy this ‘23 GTS to baby it too much for the next owner. But, I’ll never mechanically abuse a car or run it hard with a cold engine. Also, I stay on top of maintenance and have never had a major mechanical issue in my 30 years of driving.

Okay, glad to hear that! How many miles or km do you have now? For what it’s worth, I only made it 500 miles before launch control. :). I also did some fully warmed engine highway pulls to redline through a gear or two in the 200-400 mile range.

I didn’t buy this ‘23 GTS to baby it too much for the next owner. But, I’ll never mechanically abuse a car or run it hard with a cold engine. Also, I stay on top of maintenance and have never had a major mechanical issue in my 30 years of driving.
about 1100 miles; i was on nurburgring 10 days ago, occasionally on 5k rpm for sure. definitely the slowest 911 on the track for that day

about 1100 miles; i was on nurburgring 10 days ago, occasionally on 5k rpm for sure. definitely the slowest 911 on the track for that day
It’s your car, so do what makes you feel comfortable. But, your engine is ready to rock and roll. Always warm to normal operating temp and have fun! These things aren’t fragile. :)

Hi guys,

Just took EU delivery for my 992 GTS a week ago. The car is amazing. but i found the clutch feel or the biting point is weird compared to CT5 Blackwing.
I don’t even know how to describe it: when i upshift in normal settings, i have to really feather the clutch and give more than 2000 rpm to avoid the jerk feeling/frustration from clutch.
But when i drive the same way as my previous cars( miata, GTI..) it is so different. I already have 1100 miles on the cars; ideally i should have get used to it already.

Will probably cross post in rennlist,

Asking anyone has similar experiences?
Or Blackwing 6 speed is just way better than 7 speed from Porsche… could be
Bit of an old thread but I wanted to chime back in.

I test drove a '22 992 4 GTS manual the other day and just as you described I had the same thing. You have to feather the clutch on upshifts or apply a little bit of throttle to make a smooth upshift. If you don't the car will jerk if you drive it like the Blackwing.

This was actually my biggest annoyance with the car and my 991.2 did the same thing. My Blackwing and C7 Z06 you can just dump the clutch every upshift and the car doesn't bat an eye but shifting quickly in the 911 requires holding the clutch at the bite point for a half a second to ensure it doesn't jerk when you want to drive fast or shifting while keeling the throttle down 10% or so to add some revs to smooth it out.

Other manual cars do this as well but we are spoiled by the American manuals. I'm not used to having feather the clutch on upshifts and because of that I wasn't willing to buy the car ( I loved everything else about it though).

Unfortunately I have no way to try and get used to it either because the Z06 and Blackwing don't exhibit this behavior even with rev match off so I can't even spend some time getting used to it on my own and I'm not willing to spend over $200k Canadian on a car I would have to learn on for a bit.

I had a manual 991.2 C4S and the clutch feel and the Tremec in the 4 BW is way better than the 911. At this point in the way Porsche has upped 911 prices so much, the BW is just as fun and quick for lots less cash. 992 has issues with the Li batteries too and the BMS leaving people stranded. Glass cracking on its own too and random faults hitting as well.

I had a 991.1 manual, and disliked it immensely. No issues with the clutch though. I had a 964, 996, 997 and the 991, all properly equipped with three pedals. I sold the 991 to buy a 981, which with the old 6-speed, is a much better driving car. And dare I say, really a better car overall.

I wish I still had the 964.

The 7-speed boxes in the 991.1 and later Carreras is pretty sloppy I have owned a few and disliked the 7-speed manual. The 6-speeds in the Porsche GT products is much MUCH better. I daily my 5BW6MT and it has a great manual. When I jump directly to the Porsche 6 speed from the BW the Porsche gearbox is noticeably better in nearly every way, at least for my tastes. Much more mechanical shorter throw and less slop even with the stock Porsche shifter. I have used a numeric upgraded shifter in a prior Porsche and it was even better.

I owned a 991.2 manual C4S. It had this same issue, which is essentially rev hang. The Blackwings manual and most American V8 manuals have zero rev hang, you could shift like your on a race track and never get any bucking or rev hang from these cars.

Driving my 911 spiritedly resulted in the bucking/rev hang when shifting quickly. I guess the 992 didn't fix this. There isn't any fix, you either shift slower to prevent the lurch or you just deal with it.

I made a similar post on Rennlist after I got the car and people said that yes, its normal but its not a big deal and you just ignore it when shifting fast. It also seemed to be more of an issue in sport plus because the turbo would stay spooled and not drop the revs. Driving in normal mode was a little bit better, at least on my 991.2
I had the same 911 prior to my 4bw m6.

I think the steering feel, brake feel, shifter and clutch are all better on the caddy.

Curious for your take

I had the same 911 prior to my 4bw m6.

I think the steering feel, brake feel, shifter and clutch are all better on the caddy.

Curious for your take
Clutch and shifter are both great in both cars, both have great feel. Hard to say which is better, they both are the best manuals I've ever driven in terms of feel. I liked the 911 brake feel a bit more as well as the steering.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back