Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

GM to invest in 6th gen small block

jbawden

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 5BW 6M
I read yesterday the GM is moving ahead with 6th gen small block development. I find this fascinating as I think it has implications for the usual recipients like the Corvette and Camaro, but what about Cadillac? It makes me think the Camaro might live on, is it plausible that there might be a niche for Cadillac V/BW or similar?

Looks like ICE and BEV (or some alternative) will coexist for a long time, so I LOVE that element of this news.

I think GM wants Cadillac to move more electric than its other brands because its their luxury brand. I don't see another ICE super sports sedan from Cadillac. The next "Blackwing," assuming that stick with that name, will most likely be an electric sedan with like 1000HP+ or something more comparable to the Model S Plaid.

They could build a Chevy SS with that new v8. Question is how many folks here would sell their BW to jump into that!

I'd think any new V8 is going into Corvettes, pick ups and SUV's. I agree that future Cadillacs will be mostly EV. The Camaro is expected to die next year. But, as we all know, who knows.

Never trust GM's product planning.

They claim it will be their last gas powered blackwing, but that's like an alcoholic saying that is their last drink. That's the last one they were planning at the moment until they change their minds.

I wouldn't be surprised in a few years if Cadillac releases the new CTV sedan to replace the CT5, and thus the base model is the V, and the Blackwings are just what the CT5 Vs used to be (and V sport before that), and the new top dog is the CTV Blackwing Rainbow Feathers, powered by a 6th Gen supercharged V8.

With a BW interior, that would be very cool. I'd love a coupe, especially a personal luxury coupe...think the old Monte Carlo, Cutlass. I absolutely LOVE the Elmiraj concept. Note to GM.....build the Elmiraj and I'm a buyer

A Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 And Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Combine To Make The Ultimate High-Performance Coupe

This Camaro wearing a CT4 face is platform-sharing done wrong. It is old school "badge engineering". It is a case study in the negative image that I have had of Cadillac since the Cimarron.

The CT4 is platform-sharing done right.

If someone wanted to design a Cadillac coupe, that design should start with the CT4. That is Cadillac's car design language.

EDIT: I found some CT4 Coupe renders on the interweb and they are actually tasty. They are on other sites/forums, and I'm not sure we can link them here. But if you're curious, take a look.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back