Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Frustrated? I'm Not

Was the gas guzzler for the 2019 CTS-V $1,300? It looks like the current ZL1 is $1,700, so I'd expect it will be at least that amount. Possibly more with because the CT5 will be a bit heavier and get slightly worse MPG? Also possibly higher for a 2022 model year vs 2021, but I dont know the specifics of how it is calculated.

After reading this a few times and thinking about what you have said I think you are right on a few things, and while I don't agree on everything you have put a different spin on things. I myself have been a little hard on Cadillac and now plan on being a little more patient.. Now, I would like to ask you if you work in the car industry, or just buy a lot of expensive cars, lol...
I don't work in the auto industry, but I have worked in enough other ones to build a fairly good understanding of how manufacturing and business work.

As a rule, I can't see spending 6-figures on a depreciating asset that doesn't check some very specific boxes. Assuming this whole thing works out, (and unless Caddy does something unexpectedly awesome and puts out an XT-5 Blackwing with a TTV6, AWD, and a stick) this will likely be my only 'expensive' car, and I still spec'd mine under $95K. I might get an XT-6 Sport at some point... But that's barely half the cost of a modestly loaded Escalade!

Not a lot on the market over the last decade to get excited about- the SS was one, but that was more of a bargain sport sedan in today's market. Of course, that assumes the trend toward slushboxes and soulless electrification continues- If Chevy drops a stick in the C8 or builds a proper Blazer (Think Camaro SS, but AWD ;)) things could change. But, my guess is from here out, I won't see another car worth throwing serious money at showing up on a new car lot ever again. Ultimately, that's probably better for my portfolio anyway.

I don't work in the auto industry, but I have worked in enough other ones to build a fairly good understanding of how manufacturing and business work.

As a rule, I can't see spending 6-figures on a depreciating asset that doesn't check some very specific boxes. Assuming this whole thing works out, (and unless Caddy does something unexpectedly awesome and puts out an XT-5 Blackwing with a TTV6, AWD, and a stick) this will likely be my only 'expensive' car, and I still spec'd mine under $95K. I might get an XT-6 Sport at some point... But that's barely half the cost of a modestly loaded Escalade!

Not a lot on the market over the last decade to get excited about- the SS was one, but that was more of a bargain sport sedan in today's market. Of course, that assumes the trend toward slushboxes and soulless electrification continues- If Chevy drops a stick in the C8 or builds a proper Blazer (Think Camaro SS, but AWD ;)) things could change. But, my guess is from here out, I won't see another car worth throwing serious money at showing up on a new car lot ever again. Ultimately, that's probably better for my portfolio anyway.
We have an XT-6 sport...not a bad vehicle for the price. But in all honesty thats about where it ends. It's not amazing but it's good for its size and price point considering the competition.

General Motors has increased the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the entire 2021 Cadillac lineup.

The 2021 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV have received the largest price increases in the Cadillac lineup. The entry-level Escalade trim level carries on with the same MSRP, however the Luxury trim is now $400 more expensive, while the Premium Luxury trim is $600 more and the Sport $700 more. The Sport Platinum and Premium Luxury Platinum, meanwhile, have gone up in price by $1,000. These same price increases apple to the equivalent trim levels for the extended wheelbase Escalade ESV.

2021 Cadillac Price Increases
ModelIncrease
CT4$200
CT5$200
XT4$200
XT5$200
XT6 Luxury$250
XT6 Premium Luxury$350
XT6 Sport$400
Escalade Luxury$400
Escalade Premium Luxury$600
Escalade Sport$700
Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum, Sport Platinum$1,000

General Motors has increased the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the entire 2021 Cadillac lineup.

The 2021 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV have received the largest price increases in the Cadillac lineup. The entry-level Escalade trim level carries on with the same MSRP, however the Luxury trim is now $400 more expensive, while the Premium Luxury trim is $600 more and the Sport $700 more. The Sport Platinum and Premium Luxury Platinum, meanwhile, have gone up in price by $1,000. These same price increases apple to the equivalent trim levels for the extended wheelbase Escalade ESV.

2021 Cadillac Price Increases
ModelIncrease
CT4$200
CT5$200
XT4$200
XT5$200
XT6 Luxury$250
XT6 Premium Luxury$350
XT6 Sport$400
Escalade Luxury$400
Escalade Premium Luxury$600
Escalade Sport$700