Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

Front license plate bracket mounting hardware

H

Hauler

I couldn't stand looking at the ugly plastic bracket any longer, so I drilled the rivets off. I will make a metal bracket that reuses the original mounting holes in the plastic bumper fascia, and I would like to know if anyone has used the old style plastic nuts that pushed in to square holes in license brackets to mount a fascia bracket?

has anyone mounted a bracket without using factory style rivets?

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)
I wish I had a response for this - then again, maybe not.
I live in a "no front plate" state so I do not have any experience with mounting them. Makes life a lot easier.

Hope someone else jumps in here with an answer. I know we have a few members from Texas and that's a "front plate state."

H

Hauler

I used big screws

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to get rid of the fat plastic frame, so I made an aluminum bracket that is behind the plate. I was looking at the push-in square hole inserts at an auto store, when a guy who works in the local Cadillac dealer's body shop told me they use 5/16 sheet metal bolts. I used those to mount the bracket. It looks much better.

cad.front.magic42.20.JPG

Last edited:

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom