Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front and Rear Parking Sensor Retrofit

Blackwing16

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Has anyone who didn’t get the front and rear parking sensors had their dealership contact them to get them retrofitted yet? Had the car for over 2 months and nothing yet. Seems like it’s taking a long time especially since all cars coming off the assembly line are getting them again

Has anyone who didn’t get the front and rear parking sensors had their dealership contact them to get them retrofitted yet? Had the car for over 2 months and nothing yet. Seems like it’s taking a long time especially since all cars coming off the assembly line are getting them again
I believe they said it's expected by EOY. Unfortunately you are dealing with the same thing as those MP delays... whereas those cars sit in the purgatory lot waiting whilst other cars are rolling out of the factory with those same missing pieces. Likely that they are trying to only produce finished cars now... so they get the missing parts first. Sorry bro... in the meantime-->drive it like you stole it, but park it like my grandma.
struggle-austin.gif

I made sure that when I got mine everything was activated. For the price that I was paying, I was not going to have to have those ass hats put their hands all over the car to get things working.

I believe GM originally was targeting for 4th quarter of this calendar year. As was mentioned sometime ago.

That's (sensors) on my need to know when list, as I come in for the first and only dealer oil change on their tab coming up.. Right? LOL... rolled into the car price already (oil change and sensor's). My 5BW has it as a Retrofit from the beginning for the sensors as well. So we wait, along with the 4BW owner's.

I just picked up my car last night, still haven't gone through all the settings. How do I know if mine has the sensors? The sticker says it does, as I recall....but does that mean they were actually installed?

I just picked up my car last night, still haven't gone through all the settings. How do I know if mine has the sensors? The sticker says it does, as I recall....but does that mean they were actually installed?
If there are no deletion notations on the sticker, then it has everything.

Regarding the retrofit, I read that on the Camaros they just need to plug in a chip into the harness. Supposedly, it is wrapped and zip tied in a spot to add the parking sensor module. I wonder if it is the same on these cars since they are built in the same plant?

Last edited:
Pulling up an old thread, but anyone receive info yet on the parking sensor retrofit? I thought they were supposed to be starting in Q4 2022, but we're almost at the end of the year.

Pulling up an old thread, but anyone receive info yet on the parking sensor retrofit? I thought they were supposed to be starting in Q4 2022, but we're almost at the end of the year.
I can tell you as a similar situation, I have not gotten my heated steering wheel either. And yes, 4th Q was what they were predicting.

Has anyone reached out to GM and heard anything? Dealers won't know shit. Deep down I knew it would be bullshit. There was another thread talking about the module that is the suspected missing module being in stock on gm parts sites for $20. I'm at a point where I may just buy it and hope it's the missing piece and doesn't require any programming.

I signed up this week to have my cars done as the guinea pig for the internal pilot program for this.

They do this for recalls, perfect the system testing it on employees before rolling it out to customers.

So it's a good sign that it's coming soon.

I signed up this week to have my cars done as the guinea pig for the internal pilot program for this.

They do this for recalls, perfect the system testing it on employees before rolling it out to customers.

Do you have any internal memos on the procedure? Obviously you can't say much but do they have to reprogram the system? Meaning if I bought the module and plugged it in it wouldn't work without the dealer? Trying to avoid a trip to the dealer or having them molest my car

I guess some movement is better than none. 😏

Do you have any internal memos on the procedure? Obviously you can't say much but do they have to reprogram the system? Meaning if I bought the module and plugged it in it wouldn't work without the dealer? Trying to avoid a trip to the dealer or having them molest my car
I have no information other than they sent out a call to join the pilot program and I supplied my two VINS. I am in DESIGN, I'm not privy to post sales procedures like this.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back