Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

I'm a young-ish guy(mid-30s) that has bought nearly a dozen cars in my adult life, and each purchase has been face to face with a salesman. I have great face to face and social skills. I never did enjoy the experience, even the 'good ones'. And it's not about the face to face aspect and lacking of social skills. It's about the literal amount of time needed to secure the deal, and the fact that the majority of dealers do not respect their customers' time. 'Back in the day', I would walk in to a dealership ready to buy a car out of the blue and I would need to essentially write off 4-6 hours of that day to deal with the dealership 'experience'. It sucks and I hated it. If it weren't for the great chip and car shortage, the modern dealership experience would still be the same.

Nowadays, I call or email dealers and tell them to draft me a purchase agreement AFTER we discuss the numbers over the phone. If those numbers aren't what I want to see or they just refuse to draft paperwork, then that dealer is off the list. And even when the deal is worked out over the phone or email, I'm still needing to spend a minimum of 2-3 hours at the dealer to finalize the purchase. Salespeople, you hooked me already. Let's get this paperwork signed so you can continue on with your day. It's frustrating. I have better things to do than hang out with people who see me as a walking bag of money.

And honestly, dealing with slimy salespeople is just plain tiring. I don't wanna be there. I just want the car. The dealership sales model is outdated. And while we were able to haggle lower pricing back in the day, it's not going to be like that going forward in to the future. Since are cars getting more and more expensive, demand is getting higher, and car makers can't make them fast enough. If the 'best deal' IS MSRP, then I would rather just pay the manufacturer directly, and skip the nonsense of glorified middlemen.
Well said. The current model is outdated and they need to adapt or be left behind.

IMO the dealers add no value throughout the whole buying process. I already know what I want and more than likely I know more about the vehicle than the salesperson. That said, I would actually prefer there be no dealer at, only factory service centers run by the manufacturers employees. I would rather go to the Cadillac website, build my car, price it out, leave a deposit and wait for it to arrive for delivery at a service center. As for financing, I would rather not get taken advantage of so I secure my own financing with own bank that offers interest rate discounts.

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

old man relax GIF

Old Man Technology GIF by The Mole Agent

On the flip side MSRP has increased and the trade-ins have probably dropped in value proportionally.

This is definitely true for me. Setting aside MSRP changes my trade in has lost 10K value in the last year.

My 22 BRZ was worth 32K acc to carvana last august, now it's 22K. Thank got I got out of it when I did. Otherwise I think I would have just been stuck with it.

This is definitely true for me. Setting aside MSRP changes my trade in has lost 10K value in the last year.

My 22 BRZ was worth 32K acc to carvana last august, now it's 22K. Thank got I got out of it when I did. Otherwise I think I would have just been stuck with it.
I am glad I sold my Tesla Model 3 Performance when the craziness took hold otherwise I would have 50%+ depreciation now that Tesla dropped the prices a bunch of times and the full tax credit is back in effect.

I'm a young-ish guy(mid-30s) that has bought nearly a dozen cars in my adult life, and each purchase has been face to face with a salesman. I have great face to face and social skills. I never did enjoy the experience, even the 'good ones'. And it's not about the face to face aspect and lacking of social skills. It's about the literal amount of time needed to secure the deal, and the fact that the majority of dealers do not respect their customers' time. 'Back in the day', I would walk in to a dealership ready to buy a car out of the blue and I would need to essentially write off 4-6 hours of that day to deal with the dealership 'experience'. It sucks and I hated it. If it weren't for the great chip and car shortage, the modern dealership experience would still be the same.

Nowadays, I call or email dealers and tell them to draft me a purchase agreement AFTER we discuss the numbers over the phone. If those numbers aren't what I want to see or they just refuse to draft paperwork, then that dealer is off the list. And even when the deal is worked out over the phone or email, I'm still needing to spend a minimum of 2-3 hours at the dealer to finalize the purchase. Salespeople, you hooked me already. Let's get this paperwork signed so you can continue on with your day. It's frustrating. I have better things to do than hang out with people who see me as a walking bag of money.

And honestly, dealing with slimy salespeople is just plain tiring. I don't wanna be there. I just want the car. The dealership sales model is outdated. And while we were able to haggle lower pricing back in the day, it's not going to be like that going forward in to the future. Since are cars getting more and more expensive, demand is getting higher, and car makers can't make them fast enough. If the 'best deal' IS MSRP, then I would rather just pay the manufacturer directly, and skip the nonsense of glorified middlemen.
I'm not young anymore. If any of you people are mid 40's or younger, I could be your dad. :) So, I have spent plenty of time dealing with car sales people. I spent a reasonable amount of time with my local dealer hashing out a spec and they ended up sitting on it for months (TBH, this was back when cars were hard to get). I ended up finding out about Sewell and Dustin from this forum. I made email contact (I don't reside in Texas) and long story short, the only time I actually spoke to him was in person when I went to pick up the car (edit-I did get one call from him). Everything else was done my email and text. I had a car in my hands in about the same time as I waited for my local dealer to do nothing.

I just bought a new 2023 CT4-V BW with 20 miles on it. Found one locally with a 6 speed manual, it had been sitting at the dealership for a few months. The sticker was 71k but I got the car for 66k.

I love driving this thing so much. I traded my Shelby GT350 for it which was holding its value very well, it actually made me money after owning it for several years. I do not expect the same with my BW, I know the value won’t hold like the Shelby, but I don’t give a crap because this thing is truly so fun to drive haha! Puts a smile on my face everyday, that’s what life is about.

I’m a relatively young guy, in my late 20’s, and everyone that knows me can’t believe I got a caddy lol. It’s such a sleeper, I love it.

6k off MSRP on my 4BW 6MT purchased 3 weeks ago.

Client of mine got an auto 22 for almost 20k off MSRP recently. :eek: If you don't believe me, he sent me a picture of the purchase agreement. My jaw dropped.
*edit* JUST SAW THE OP MENTIONS VERA. Thats exactly where my client got the 20k off LOL.

And this is SFL of all places. notorious for markups.

6k off MSRP on my 4BW 6MT purchased 3 weeks ago.

Client of mine got an auto 22 for almost 20k off MSRP recently. :eek: If you don't believe me, he sent me a picture of the purchase agreement. My jaw dropped.
*edit* JUST SAW THE OP MENTIONS VERA. Thats exactly where my client got the 20k off LOL.

And this is SFL of all places. notorious for markups.
My dealer said they are having an extremely hard time selling A10 4BWs. They've had quite a few for a long time now. The manuals sell very quickly, the autos sit forever.

My dealer said they are having an extremely hard time selling A10 4BWs. They've had quite a few for a long time now. The manuals sell very quickly, the autos sit forever.
For what its worth, Bayview Cadillac in Ft. Lauderdale had 2 manuals that were on the lot for 6 months last I checked. Devoe Cadillac in Naples had a few manuals taking a while to sell as well.

A lot of the Cadillac dealers ordered configurations that didn't take into account the main appeal, a manual transmission sedan. They just went with what they thought the local market would want and didn't take into account the rareity of a manual. No surprises there...

As far as trade-in value, dealers will always try to screw you. I was offered $62k for my '19 ZLE manual with 3400 miles. I sold it on eBay for $69.5k in less than 24 hours. I could have easily made a few thousand more if I wanted to deal with going back and forth with people, but this worked out perfect and I made $10k more than what I paid in 2019.

How the hell did you pick up a ZLE for under $60k lol that's my take away here
A lot of the Cadillac dealers ordered configurations that didn't take into account the main appeal, a manual transmission sedan. They just went with what they thought the local market would want and didn't take into account the rareity of a manual. No surprises there...

As far as trade-in value, dealers will always try to screw you. I was offered $62k for my '19 ZLE manual with 3400 miles. I sold it on eBay for $69.5k in less than 24 hours. I could have easily made a few thousand more if I wanted to deal with going back and forth with people, but this worked out perfect and I made $10k more than what I paid in 2019.

I am glad I sold my Tesla Model 3 Performance when the craziness took hold otherwise I would have 50%+ depreciation now that Tesla dropped the prices a bunch of times and the full tax credit is back in effect.
Man you're not joking about the Telsa instant depreciation hit. What about the Plaid buyers...$130k in 2022, now you can get one for $90k. I know Telsa is a polarizing brand, but their distribution and service model is exactly as some have described as an ideal system.

How the hell did you pick up a ZLE for under $60k lol that's my take away here
Pre-Covid the Camaro's were not selling. GM did their annual 15-20% end of year discount to get the cars off the lots.

It kills me how many people are paying ridiculous prices for vehicles. Dealer sales staff think the public are fools and the manufacturers are killing it with record profits. Now the workers, rightfully, want a piece and the rest of us are stuck waiting to see if there's going to be a production worker strike just when demand was beginning to cool. Fun times my friends :)

Pre-Covid the Camaro's were not selling. GM did their annual 15-20% end of year discount to get the cars off the lots.

It kills me how many people are paying ridiculous prices for vehicles. Dealer sales staff think the public are fools and the manufacturers are killing it with record profits. Now the workers, rightfully, want a piece and the rest of us are stuck waiting to see if there's going to be a production worker strike just when demand was beginning to cool. Fun times my friends :)
I wish I had sold my house the beginning months of covid rather than the tail end of it lol kind of a silly wish considering all the things I could have done differently in life to be in a different position when covid struck.

I'm just thinking about all the fun I could have had vehicles wise between just prior to covid hitting and when used prices went insane.

That being said, coming back on track. I fully expect to be a blackwing owner again sometime in the next couple of years. Can't deny I miss it more with every test drive I take of something else. The prices won't fall forever they'll taper off when the last model year is confirmed

I wish I had sold my house the beginning months of covid rather than the tail end of it lol kind of a silly wish considering all the things I could have done differently in life to be in a different position when covid struck.

I'm just thinking about all the fun I could have had vehicles wise between just prior to covid hitting and when used prices went insane.

That being said, coming back on track. I fully expect to be a blackwing owner again sometime in the next couple of years. Can't deny I miss it more with every test drive I take of something else. The prices won't fall forever they'll taper off when the last model year is confirmed
People want what they can't have. The Camaro and CT4&5 BW's will level out and go back up after production stops. Look at what happened with the Chevy SS and similar cars, especially manuals, but that's the nature of cars that have something special or nostalgic.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back