Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

Congrats, that is good to hear. On the flip side MSRP has increased and the trade-ins have probably dropped in value proportionally.
Agreed, but that will probably always be/is a part of getting back to a normal market. I was going to wait as I think you are going to see 10k plus off of these in the near future. I saw a few, a couple were quasi bait and switches (Crestview’s GM employee pricing), but a few were for real and will be much more common by late August/September is my guess.

The reason I grabbed mine instead of waiting is that it was specced almost exactly how I would’ve ordered one. I especially liked it didn’t have a sunroof, it had to be one of the very few around the country that didn’t. I must be in the minority that likes my performance/fun cars with out sunroofs.

You’ve got a well diversified small sedan collection there! Tesla and 4bw. ☯️

Yep, best of both worlds.

The Tesla is hands down the better daily driver. Quiet, instant torque, one pedal driving with auto brake hold, auto steering on the highway, plug in at night and leave the house every morning with a full tank of electrons. The Tesla Model 3 handles surprisingly well, especially the RWD model where the weight of the rear motor sits over the back axle and gives it more of mid engine driving characteristics.

The 4BW with M6 delivers in the driving engagement department.

Agreed, but that will probably always be/is a part of getting back to a normal market. I was going to wait as I think you are going to see 10k plus off of these in the near future. I saw a few, a couple were quasi bait and switches (Crestview’s GM employee pricing), but a few were for real and will be much more common by late August/September is my guess.

The reason I grabbed mine instead of waiting is that it was specced almost exactly how I would’ve ordered one. I especially liked it didn’t have a sunroof, it had to be one of the very few around the country that didn’t. I must be in the minority that likes my performance/fun cars with out sunroofs.

Same here, I prefer M6 no sunroof.

According to this we got a bargain of a lifetime paying msrp.
Screenshot 2023-07-29 080911.png

I was comparing it to the value you get from $50k Camaro SS 1LE. I said the 4BW was worth about $10k more to me for the practicality, improved visibility and extra warranty.

I think it depends what you are coming from. If you are a luxury brand buyer and compare this vehicle to BMW, Audi, Mercedes then it looks like good value and definitely delivers on the driving experience. However, if you really don't care much about the luxury brand aspect and compare it to a Camaro or even a C7 Corvette, it seems overpriced. For example, my Camaro 2SS 1LE includes V8, Tremec manual with rev match, Recaro seats, HUD, E-diff, Dual Mode exhaust, 6 piston Brembos, rear spoiler, splitter, hood wrap, rearview camera mirror, etc. was under $50k. My 2019 C7 Grand Sport 1LT with M6 was around $65k MSRP. So, for a buyer like me, $80k+ for a small sports sedan with a V6 just seems high but I am still getting used to having to pay the "luxury tax".
Good post! The price point comparison with the Camaro 2SS1LE vs 4BW illustrates how ridiculous pricing has gotten. You can extend that comparison out to the Camaro ZL1 vs CT5V Blackwing. Love the 5BW but to me a $25-$30,000 premium over the similar (components) Camaro is too much of an ask.
I feel the same way about the Hellcats ( widebody Challenger hellcat owner here). My car several years ago was $75,000. Today those cars are also $25-30,000 higher. Fun car but way overpriced.
For me 75-80,000 is fair value range for theses cars. In full agreeance with @raptor5244.
Wishlist ( but not gonna happen) for the 5BW: All wheel drive - Vented hood - wider fenders - Escalade level interior with escalade style screens and tech. Now you have a BMW M5 killer. After that you can talk about price increases.😁

Good post! The price point comparison with the Camaro 2SS1LE vs 4BW illustrates how ridiculous pricing has gotten. You can extend that comparison out to the Camaro ZL1 vs CT5V Blackwing. Love the 5BW but to me a $25-$30,000 premium over the similar (components) Camaro is too much of an ask.
I feel the same way about the Hellcats ( widebody Challenger hellcat owner here). My car several years ago was $75,000. Today those cars are also $25-30,000 higher. Fun car but way overpriced.
For me 75-80,000 is fair value range for theses cars. In full agreeance with @raptor5244.
Wishlist ( but not gonna happen) for the 5BW: All wheel drive - Vented hood - wider fenders - Escalade level interior with escalade style screens and tech. Now you have a BMW M5 killer. After that you can talk about price increases.😁

Yeah, it is tough to justify the price delta for the Cadillac vs Camaro when you have been driving Camaros for years. I really do like that Cadillac 4BW addresses all the issues with the Camaro as it relates to visibility, trunk opening, seating position and overall practicality, which is why I bought one. That said, it basically has all the same performance hardware from a Camaro but you have to pay a lot more.

For example, you have to spend $4,900 for the upgraded seats and $600 for the climate package in the 4BW just to get the ventilation option. The HUD is standard in the Camaro 2SS 1LE and ZL1 but you get dinged $725 for it in the 4BW but you get a cabin ionizer. :) You have to spend big money on carbon fiber to get a front splitter and larger wing. Although not carbon fiber you get the performance aero pieces included on the SS 1LE and ZL1. PDR is another $1600 and if you want an automatic you have to pay $2,275 plus the required $900 Driver Assist Package, etc. that just inflates the price too much. Red calipers, another $595 and if you want a color other than black or white that is another $600 for a shade of paint. Satin wheels, $600, Bronze $1,500 even though they don't cost any more to produce.

When you come from the Chevy lot I feel like it should come with all this stuff for $70k. My 2021 ZL1 A10 was $67k MSRP and it had all this stuff in it plus the LT4. It is what it is.

Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 9.41.48 PM.png

AWD 5BW, yuck. Guessing a non-owner said that.
Agree 100%. Very glad it's RWD. One of the things I admire most about the engineering of the car is how GM basically said "if it doesn't make faster around a track it's not going in the car" so they kept it RWD and the manual version still beats a M5 CS around a track.

Agree 100%. Very glad it's RWD. One of the things I admire most about the engineering of the car is how GM basically said "if it doesn't make faster around a track it's not going in the car" so they kept it RWD and the manual version still beats a M5 CS around a track.
No AWD Mclarens yet either.

The Blackwings are for a specific breed of enthusiasts.

Agreed on some of the points. I was looking hard at Hellcat Chargers, but for the life of me I can’t understand why they are going for 90k plus.

A CT5-V BW is already usually going for 100k and it is sharing parts from other GMs (LT4 and same interior as 4 BW). If they added all of that, they are going to ask 125-150k and will sell three of them. 😉

55K fully optioned 2SS1LE is a bargain for what you get in today's market.
The 4VBW is like 70k comparable. That's a 15k premium for 4 doors and IMO a better body.
If I did not need the backseat it would have been a close call. I really do not like the body or 20" wheels of the Camaro. in 4 would have preferred an NA V8. In a few years if I tune I may feel very different about this
But I am sure there are many like me who needed a back seat(usable) and the 4 was the clear option.

For resale if we ever loopback to where MSRP was the starting line and discounts go under it. Anyone who bought in 2021-2023 will be hurting, not just BW specific. Especially when it goes by percentage 10% off a 70k car is very different than a 30K car

That's a 15k premium for 4 doors and IMO a better body.
If I did not need the backseat it would have been a close call. I really do not like the body or 20" wheels of the Camaro.
Agree. Honestly nothing about the Camaro appeals to me at all. Hell, I'd pay the extra $15k just so I'm not associated with the whole "25% APR peaked in high school" type of stereotype that goes along with the Camaro.

No sunroof in my 4 Blackwing either. I hate sunroofs. As for AWD, we don’t get winter here in DC anymore, so it’s not needed. When I want winter I go to my second home in Ely Mn for snow and driving on frozen lakes. Up there ya need AWD. I

The 4VBW is like 70k comparable. That's a 15k premium for 4 doors and IMO a better body.
If I did not need the backseat it would have been a close call. I really do not like the body or 20" wheels of the Camaro. in 4 would have preferred an NA V8. In a few years if I tune I may feel very different about this
But I am sure there are many like me who needed a back seat(usable) and the 4 was the clear option.

For resale if we ever loopback to where MSRP was the starting line and discounts go under it. Anyone who bought in 2021-2023 will be hurting, not just BW specific. Especially when it goes by percentage 10% off a 70k car is very different than a 30K car
Backseat on Blackwing 4 is virtually useless. I know, I had one!

The SS 1LE and certain Mustang GTs with PP will always be the value kings for daily fun/track cars. But, if I didn’t want a four door, I would’ve went back to a ZL1 for about the same price I paid for my 4 BW. Hard to beat the performance with the LT4 at that price point. Maybe a C8 with the Z51 package now that are there are a zillion used ones out there if you really dont need back seats.

The 4 BW backseats are very usable if you have kids, especially when you haul them and their friends around. Much much nicer than doing it in my previous ZL1(s).

As for the Camaro rep, I don’t let any of that into my buying decision. Caddy’s rep isn’t the greatest either and if you want to, you can find something negative about every brand or car.

Yep, I could only justify paying MSRP if I was getting an inflated price for my trade. That is the only reason I traded my ZL1 for a 4BW. The dealer gave me what I paid for it a 15 months later but had to negotiate MSRP on the 4BW.

When I was buying about a year ago, there were four 2022 4BWs on the lot with M6 transmission. Three of them were loaded up (no carbon fiber) and priced around $74k MSRP, the other was pretty much a base 4BW with only the performance steering wheel, red brake calipers and red seat belts for $61k. It also included tint and ceramic coat so I went with the low optioned car and have been happy with my decision. I actually prefer the base seats for the comfort but if I was actually tracking the car I would definitely spend the extra money for the mid-tier seats.

The only think I miss is the V8 exhaust note but the 4BW still sounds pretty good for a V6.

My problem with the Camaro is the vision, it's one of the worst cars ever. For the rest it's a better package for track usage, N/A engine with precise response, less weight and cheaper.

If the 4BW wouldn't of existed I would own a Camaro, these suckers keep pace with GT4s !!

As for the Camaro rep, I don’t let any of that into my buying decision. Caddy’s rep isn’t the greatest either and if you want to, you can find something negative about every brand or car.
Same here, I don't pay attention to that stuff. Pick a car and you will find a stereotype, regardless if it is a Corvette, Civic, Jeep, BMW, Subaru, Cadillac, Mustang, Challenger, Tesla, etc. A great car is a great car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back