Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

Yeah, I don't think the Cadillac brand resonates as well with the BWM/Audi crowd. Cadillac still feels like it caters to the older demographic. I am pretty sure I was the youngest person in the Cadillac dealership when I bought mine and I am 50. :)
I remember being at Spring Mountain and the instructor saying "And how are you, young man?" because I was clearly the youngest in the class.

I was 39 at the time.

I remember being at Spring Mountain and the instructor saying "And how are you, young man?" because I was clearly the youngest in the class.

I was 39 at the time.

Haha, that really is part of the problem for the performance trims. I see the V series as the Corvette of Cadillac but they have a problem trying to appeal to the younger demographic.

Yes, the BlackWing for all intents and purposes is a refreshed ATS-V. But what can affect values is the BW is seen as a send off, a last hurrah of an ICE car, especially one with a manual. We've seen how the last of something can hold value better than others...example the last air cooled 911, the 993.
For sure, I think the initial depreciation should be expected. But once you can't buy a new one and it is indeed the last ICE small sedan, the values will steady out.

Yes, the BlackWing for all intents and purposes is a refreshed ATS-V. But what can affect values is the BW is seen as a send off, a last hurrah of an ICE car, especially one with a manual. We've seen how the last of something can hold value better than others...example the last air cooled 911, the 993.

Do you think EVs will take off or just be a fad a decade from now? I see so many challenges ahead for large scale EV adoption that I find it hard to believe GM will only be selling EVs in the near term? I wouldn't be surprised if GM reverses course a bit and releases some more ICE based products. I just can't see them competing with Tesla when they can just keep dropping the prices while still maintaining profitability. $30k now for a Model 3 after the tax credit, which is less than I paid for my 2019 Model 3.

Last edited:
Let's be honest here, a very small American luxury car with a V6TT is not what the market wants. This has been done before and it was called the ATS-V. Huge discounts and terrible resale were the norm until some of the COVID craziness changed the market a bit.

The CT4BW was a below MSRP car out of the gate but supply chain issues gave people some hope their car is very special and will be worth a premium.

Would it be a better offering with a LT1 / LT2? I think so as it would be enough to set it apart from it's German counterparts and make it a very special offering.

Sorry if I upset anyone but that's how I see it. This car was never destined to be a sales success.

We beat the "should've had a V8" to death, but yes, I agree with you that GM should have played to their strengths and designed the 4BW around an LT1/LT2 so it would differentiate itself in the segment. The reality is that enthusiasts like us are just a small dwindling portion of the market.

Haha, that really is part of the problem for the performance trims. I see the V series as the Corvette of Cadillac but they have a problem trying to appeal to the younger demographic.

If I saw a 25 to 30 year old person buying a $100K+ car I would question their financial judgement. That's a broad generalization as it could be old money.

We beat the "should've had a V8" to death, but yes, I agree with you that GM should have played to their strengths and designed the 4BW around an LT1/LT2 so it would differentiate itself in the segment. The reality is that enthusiasts like us are just a small dwindling portion of the market.
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Sigh,

I think the last 3 years have skewed car buying so much that a lot of ppl think cars don’t ever depreciate and we can just drive a brand new car every year with no financial hit.

Cars depreciate, even the great ones. Deal with it.

ps- no, it wouldn’t have sold well with the v8 too. Also controversial opinion, the LT1 isn’t all that it’s hyped up to be. Yes it’s a NA v8 and it sounds better than the LF4 but let’s not keep going as if it’s the second coming.

I'm 35. Never considered Cadillac until the new Blackswings. I'd usually gravitate to the Germans, and have for my last two cars, but the CT5 Blackwing is too good to pass up no matter who makes it. So it'll be my first American car whenever it arrives.

It's funny, whenever I tell any non-car person I sold an AMG to buy a Cadillac they all give me a very befuddled look and ask me if I'm crazy. I would hope if someone's really a car enthusiast they wouldn't let a brand hold them back, but based on normal people I know my age Cadillac is a bit of a non-starter for them.

Do you think EVs will take off or just be a fad a decade from now? I see so many challenges ahead for large scale EV adoption that I find it hard to believe GM will only be selling EVs in the near term? I wouldn't be surprised if GM reverses course a bit and releases some more ICE based products. I just can't see them competing with Tesla when they can just keep dropping the prices while still maintaining profitability. $30k now for a Model 3 after the tax credit, which is less than I paid for my 2019 Model 3.

I don't think EVs will take off (as much as they've been hyped) nor do I think they'll be just a fad. It's a non-binary world nowadays, as they keep telling us. No longer all ICE obviously, and I don't think the world will flip to EVs as completely as some of these manufacturers seem to think. I think they (brands like Cadillac, among others) are making a strategic mistake behaving that way. I think companies like Toyota (heavy on hybrids, not as much on pure EVs) are playing this better than GM. EVs and ICE vehicles and hybrids will coexist for some time.

I wouldn't be surprised if GM (and others) revive some nameplates in the future, bring a few select ICE vehicles back. As a result, I don't think our Blackwings will be quite as special as some might have thought, because I'm not truly convinced that they will be the last of a breed. I think that the manual transmission will be the bigger differentiator, the thing that's much harder to find in the future, the thing that collectors seek.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I love driving my 5BW. If it becomes something of a collector car, great. If not, also fine. In the meantime I'm looking to buy a few more vehicles (some for me, also possibly helping daughters, nieces, nephews) in the next few years, all with manual transmissions while I still can.

Ya know...if only the Chevy SS sedan came with a V8 and possibly a manual... it would have sold like gang busters, but alas...
It's almost like there are reasons why cars are made a certain way. If only the people who worked on them were here on this specific forum explaining why...

Oh wait.

I do not think it will be a fad.

I was 39 at the time.
I'm excited to show up for my days considering I'm 23. Be interesting to see some of the responses

Last edited:
I do not think it will be a fad.

I was a pretty early adopter on the Tesla Model 3. I bought a Performance and SR+ trim in early 2019. I drove the Performance for about 2 years. Sold it when the market went crazy on them. I still own the SR+, great cars, but once you get used to the incredible acceleration that rivaled my ZL1 in the 0-70mph range they lack driving engagement. I hope GM finds a way to inject some personality into their performance EVs when they finally release them.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back