Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

Yeah I’m seeing manual 5BWs with 12k miles going for MSRP and ones with 3-4k miles for 5k over. Crazy the difference…

Crestview is blessed with impressive inventory but their practice of listing GM employee pricing nationally is total bullshit. The justification they explain on the phone that “most people in the DET metro area are eligible” is bullshit. And, as noted a few posts ago, the fact that employee pricing does not apply to Blackwings makes this even worse. It’s like the next level of dealers advertising prices with stacked discounts for conquest rebate, college-grad rebate, military rebate, old-religious-people-with-military-babies rebate, etc. Dirtbags.

...advertising prices with stacked discounts for conquest rebate, college-grad rebate, military rebate, old-religious-people-with-military-babies rebate, etc. Dirtbags.
Funny you say that... when I was helping my mother get a new '14 ATS leftover, they did that to show what the price could be. When we sat down to talk numbers, I qualified for I think every one. My license still showed my parents address so GM loyalty for my '14 camaro lease, competitor rebate for my wife's crv(on insurance policy based at parents address then too), plus i was in school using the GI bill after I got out of active duty/national guard, so I got college student and military. Plus a gm incentive for it being a '14 in 2015. Got a car with an msrp of 46k for 35k OTD.

Car got totalled 3 years later while parked, only had 7200 miles on it.

Crestview is blessed with impressive inventory but their practice of listing GM employee pricing nationally is total bullshit. The justification they explain on the phone that “most people in the DET metro area are eligible” is bullshit. And, as noted a few posts ago, the fact that employee pricing does not apply to Blackwings makes this even worse. It’s like the next level of dealers advertising prices with stacked discounts for conquest rebate, college-grad rebate, military rebate, old-religious-people-with-military-babies rebate, etc. Dirtbags.
Crestview is corrupt and can’t stand that dealer!!!

Local Porsche dealership is offering $54k for my car with 5k miles, put completely back to stock and wrap removed.
Trade-in value on these are trash. Maybe I'll try to sell private party as-is...

Local Porsche dealership is offering $54k for my car with 5k miles, put completely back to stock and wrap removed.
Trade-in value on these are trash. Maybe I'll try to sell private party as-is...
That is what I was afraid of. Try Vroom, Carvana and Carmax. I put my car in a Vroom for kicks last week and they offered $60,500 but my car is a 2022 4BW M6 with only red brakes calipers and seat belts. 2500 miles. MSRP was $61,585. I am hoping the lack of options helps me minimize the depreciation hit on the used market when I want to sell. IMO, these should really be $55-60k cars new, not $70-80k. Now if they had the LT1 V8, they would command more money.

Just for the hell of it I punched in my plate number on Caravans web site.
In a minute or so got a message saying something like this:
"We are stumped. Unable to give you a price right now but will email it to you once we discuss it with our buying experts"
That was 5 days ago, never heard back.

Just for fun, I put my CT5 BW with 5 miles, manual with mid tier seats couple months back. Got a I’m stumped message. Sent them a note and got back s quote at $90K. I ended up trading the car in for what I bought it for for a custom built spec and the dealer sold it within 2 days $5k above msrp with 34 miles on it. I think carvana and vroom offers better pricing on high volume cars.

I did that with my Expy a few months ago. I think it was carmax? For what they offered, I'd burn it in my driveway and collect the insurance.

Breaking news at 6 -
Local man discovers cars depreciate. Loses it.
Not lately - had a 3yr old car go for MSRP, had a 2yr old car go for $5k over MSRP, and saw a friend trade their lease in for more than they paid for it - literally profited for driving the car

That being said, it’s nice to see the market correcting itself, finally

Not lately - had a 3yr old car go for MSRP, had a 2yr old car go for $5k over MSRP, and saw a friend trade their lease in for more than they paid for it - literally profited for driving the car

That being said, it’s nice to see the market correcting itself, finally
Market is in a correction for at least the last 6 months. Also gm made too many.

Also would have made no difference with the v8 as some people claim- the Camaro, the ss did not sell in its time and had steep discounts.

Market is in a correction for at least the last 6 months. Also gm made too many.

Also would have made no difference with the v8 as some people claim- the Camaro, the ss did not sell in its time and had steep discounts.
I've driven primarily GM all my life. I didn't even know about the SS until late 2016. Was fortunate enough to find a new one with the 20% savings. Point being, if they advertised it would probably seen better sales. I still see G8's driving around regularly.

GM has always done a crap job of advertising the cool stuff, then they complain about poor sales and cancel it. Let's talk about V1, V2 and V3's. How about the STS-V? CT6? Camaros? Seems they can advertise EV's though.

GM has always done a crap job of advertising the cool stuff, then they complain about poor sales and cancel it. Let's talk about V1, V2 and V3's. How about the STS-V? CT6? Camaros? Seems they can advertise EV's though.
Have you seen the ZL1 Panther they're releasing for next year?

Yes, looks pretty cool, but to prove the point, you'll never see a TV commercial for it and probably nothing in a magazine.

I mean, why not do a generic TV commercial for Chevy or Cadillac showing some of this stuff on a track, or going down the road? Talk up the performance or "see what else we're about". Doing burnouts or drifting. Show the car for more than 2 seconds, and NOT the people. During hockey or football. You know, target places and things guys want. Hell, MOPAR does it with the Challenge and Charger. Where's Mary?

Cadi dealership I bought my car at said they'd give me $60k. (They didn't see it in person)
Said they'd have gone a little higher, but "they have 10 sitting on the lot." Only 1 is a manual.
That's quite the depreciation for a "niche" vehicle.

Cadi dealership I bought my car at said they'd give me $60k. (They didn't see it in person)
Said they'd have gone a little higher, but "they have 10 sitting on the lot." Only 1 is a manual.
That's quite the depreciation for a "niche" vehicle.
That doesn’t seem all that bad? 1+ year old car 5k+ miles, typical dealership margins built in.

The same dealership has a 12k markup plus 2k addendum on the only manual on the lot.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back