Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

I’m sorry I don’t follow.I had a C7 Corvette how would the drivetrain not fit ? It’s LSX and our cars are the Camaro platform what am I missing ?
The transmission used in the Corvette is a transaxle, as I said. A Transaxle will not fit into the Alpha platform.

A transaxle mounts the transmission in the back, on the rear axle, the Alpha platform uses a traditional transmission which mounts in the front. Thats why the manuals are TR-6060's not TR-6070s found in the C7 Corvette.

I think I read something a while back stating that Cadillac wanted a unique engine rather than use the rest of GM's engine lineup. Which is odd, considering that the CTS-V and 5BW use a Z06 engine. A 4BW with an N/A small block is the stuff of dreams. It'd be lighter by at least 100 lbs due to the lack of heat exchangers for the turbo. I would have bought one for sure. I do like turbos though, but it's tough to argue with the greatness of a small block in a compact sedan with a manual.

Agreed, the LF4 is great but an LT1 would have been even better and make it that much more special in the segment.

The transmission used in the Corvette is a transaxle, as I said. A Transaxle will not fit into the Alpha platform.

A transaxle mounts the transmission in the back, on the rear axle, the Alpha platform uses a traditional transmission which mounts in the front. Thats why the manuals are TR-6060's not TR-6070s found in the C7 Corvette.
Yep, I also prefer the TR6060 to the TR6070 in the C7. I found that the TR6060 in the Camaro and 4BW just shifts a little better, maybe due to the design of having that 7th gear that no one ever uses unless you are cruising at 100mph or higher. :)

Well dang, I hope I don't take it in the shorts in a few months when my wife's new car comes in because my 4BW will be traded.....

yeah has a torque tube and trans in the back forgot about that. I liked that car shoulda kept it but I bought a C8 didn’t like that one as much

Last edited:
Well dang, I hope I don't take it in the shorts in a few months when my wife's new car comes in because my 4BW will be traded.....
It’s an A10 so your prospects are diminishing everyday. If you sell it now you’ll likely get $5K more for it than 9 months from now.

I’m sorry I don’t follow.I had a C7 Corvette how would the drivetrain not fit ? It’s LSX and our cars are the Camaro platform what am I missing ?

Per Mirza, a V-8 will not fit in the CT4:

The camaro with LT1 has same underhood as the CT5, CT4 is way smaller and a small block just doesnt fit to OEM requirements. Open up the hood and also note how tucked that LF4 is and its behind the front axle.

We naturally lump the 4 and 5 together because they share the BW name, but I think they are on two different paths. The M6 and A10 further distinguish the trajectory. The couple thousand (or whatever it ends up being) M6 5BW's are going be the retained value outliers. There are plenty of data points to support the idea that manuals are the most desirable of niche sports cars and the velvet hammer under the hood will be the catalyst for some wacky values down the road. Anyone that thinks they are going to slide into a pristine M6 5BW at a big discount in a 6-7 years is in for some sticker shock (even if gasoline is $15/gallon). I must add the disclaimer that I have 99 reasons for my BW purchase and resale value ain't 1.

Last edited:
We naturally lump the 4 and 5 together because they share the BW name, but I think they are on two different paths. The M6 and A10 further distinguish the trajectory. The couple thousand (or whatever it ends up being) M6 5BW's are going be the retained value outliers. There are plenty of data points to support the idea that manuals are the most desirable of niche sports cars and the velvet hammer under the hood will be the catalyst for some wacky values down the road. Anyone that thinks they are going to slide into a pristine M6 5BW at a big discount in a 6-7 years is in for some sticker shock (even is gasoline is $15/gallon). I must add the disclaimer that I have 99 reasons for my BW purchase and resale value ain't 1.
I’m a prime example of the outlier demographic. Never owned a Cadillac in 40+ years of driving (I’ve owned other GM vehicles). Purchasing a Cadillac was not on my horizon, then kaboom, I stumbled upon some 5BW videos. V8 and M6 and I instantly knew this was the car for me. - And after 11 months of ownership the honeymoon is still in full swing.

On Saturday I was talking with a Miata owner in the grocery store parking lot. After several minutes I mentioned it was a manual and the guy nearly had an organism. He said, I gotta see this and asked me to open the door so he could see the stick for himself. He nearly fell over and ejaculated at the same time. I don’t think the A10 would bring about this reaction.

I’m a prime example of the outlier demographic. Never owned a Cadillac in 40+ years of driving (I’ve owned other GM vehicles). Purchasing a Cadillac was not on my horizon, then kaboom, I stumbled upon some 5BW videos. V8 and M6 and I instantly knew this was the car for me. - And after 11 months of ownership the honeymoon is still in full swing.

On Saturday I was talking with a Miata owner in the grocery store parking lot. After several minutes I mentioned it was a manual and the guy nearly had an organism. He said, I gotta see this and asked me to open the door so he could see the stick for himself. He nearly fell over and ejaculated at the same time. I don’t think the A10 would bring about this reaction.
That's funny and gross all at the same time!

If making a Miata owner shoot his load is your goal you’ve definitely nailed it. Congratulations!

True story! Good thing I keep detailer spray in the trunk.
ejaculation cum GIF
car smh GIF

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!