Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

We were recently notified that we should continue to see an influx of the CT4 BW for some time. I don't know why they're pushing out so many, but they should not be hard to come by. That plus interest rates and rising costs of everything should lead to some good deals out there. Just not on the 5BW or any manuals IMO.
They went from $50k to $20k to $10k ADM to $2k off, $3k off and now $7k-$13K off depending on model. What difference a year makes... The market has been crazy.

I respect the A10 cars, both for the practicality and reported function. But in my case it just came down to the enjoyment of a manual transmission. I've driven manuals in my past, and have had manual transmission for my daily drivers since 2002. But frankly, the manual is what really brought me to the Cadillac. If it was auto, I really think I would have gone Audi RS3 or S3. I had an Audi RS3 on order but it was just as bad getting those as the BW. When I found mine in inventory, I cancelled the RS3 order. Otherwise I was going to wait it out and buy the first one to fill my order.
Totally agree. The manual is the X factor for these cars. Especially the 4. There’s a lot of other cars which come into the mix if you’re looking for an auto.

Rs3, m340i etc.

Totally agree. The manual is the X factor for these cars. Especially the 4. There’s a lot of other cars which come into the mix if you’re looking for an auto.

Rs3, m340i etc.
I often wonder how the 4BW would sell if they would have put the LT1/LT2 V8 in it. I know this topic has been beaten to death but I really think they should have played to their strengths and found a way to squeeze in the V8, at least in Blackwing trim. Leave the turbo 4 and 6 in the lower CT4 trims. The Tremec TR6060 plus LT1/LT2 in a sports sedan would be a glorious combo and true differentiator in the class.

I often wonder how the 4BW would sell if they would have put the LT1/LT2 V8 in it. I know this topic has been beaten to death but I really think they should have played to their strengths and found a way to squeeze in the V8, at least in Blackwing trim. Leave the turbo 4 and 6 in the lower CT4 trims. The Tremec TR6060 plus LT1/LT2 in a sports sedan would be a glorious combo and true differentiator in the class.
Honestly I/we would have loved it but it would not have lead to more sales.

^THIS, would be my ideal spec. V8 in a small sedan, with a 6 speed. Would be "perfect" in my eyes, ala E39 M5 or E90 M3.

I respect the A10 cars, both for the practicality and reported function. But in my case it just came down to the enjoyment of a manual transmission. I've driven manuals in my past, and have had manual transmission for my daily drivers since 2002. But frankly, the manual is what really brought me to the Cadillac. If it was auto, I really think I would have gone Audi RS3 or S3. I had an Audi RS3 on order but it was just as bad getting those as the BW. When I found mine in inventory, I cancelled the RS3 order. Otherwise I was going to wait it out and buy the first one to fill my order.
if I wanted AT I would have gone Audi RS7 or Mercedes S580 (not a BMW type person), having owned both brands before. I had a B8 S4 for 8 years and it was a great car. Was actually shopping around for a S580 when I saw some 5BW Videos.

Never owned a Cadillac in 40+ years of driving. The LT4, 6-spd, and 4 doors was my hook into Cadillac. I’m a sedan person these days, liking the big roomy feel and nice ride the long wheelbase affords.

Same thing happened with Grand National's back in 1987. Dealerships couldn't give them away! Look at what they're worth today! Happened with Plymouth Superbirds as well

Same thing happened with Grand National's back in 1987. Dealerships couldn't give them away! Look at what they're worth today! Happened with Plymouth Superbirds as well
Even more recent examples-
There were 20% off on camaro's in 2016, 2018. The chevrolet SS was 20% off too. Heck even the C7 grand sport had great deals towards the end of its life.

Look what all of them are worth now.

I got a car I don’t drive much lol 😂

Attachments

• 0A89CA65-0CC0-41D4-8C12-951DCA94203B.jpeg
    0A89CA65-0CC0-41D4-8C12-951DCA94203B.jpeg
    857.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 076304BB-078C-44AC-AAAE-6273D3FF3177.jpeg
    076304BB-078C-44AC-AAAE-6273D3FF3177.jpeg
    923.2 KB · Views: 78
I believe Mirza said it would not fit in the engine bay.

I think I read something a while back stating that Cadillac wanted a unique engine rather than use the rest of GM's engine lineup. Which is odd, considering that the CTS-V and 5BW use a Z06 engine. A 4BW with an N/A small block is the stuff of dreams. It'd be lighter by at least 100 lbs due to the lack of heat exchangers for the turbo. I would have bought one for sure. I do like turbos though, but it's tough to argue with the greatness of a small block in a compact sedan with a manual.

My 4BW is my "daily driver" (I work from home) and my last two daily drivers I had for 10+ years. I don't anticipate selling this one any time sooner than that.

I had a C7 with a manual trans that drivetrain would be perfect in the CT4 BW

jmho
That drivetrain wouldn't fit, the TR-6070 is a transaxle

That drivetrain wouldn't fit, the TR-6070 is a transaxle
I’m sorry I don’t follow.I had a C7 Corvette how would the drivetrain not fit ? It’s LSX and our cars are the Camaro platform what am I missing ?

The car market is changing again as previously mentioned due to high interest rates, plus job losses with uncertainty creeping back up on spending $$ on high ticket items including supply is also catching back up. I’ve had my share of manuals and as I have gotten older along with other personal reasons, I’m ecstatic that I could get an A10 5BW, which works in my situation. I get it’s not for everyone.

On this forum I also realize that A10’s seem to be considered the minority 😁, and I’m fine with owning the faster car with the fastest color, Rift 🫣. If the auto tranny would have been the crappy A8, I would have looked elsewhere due to my situation of wanting an auto.

My 5BW is not my DD as my 2022 GMC 1500 AT4 is and I love its 6.2L A10 setup. My 5BW is my fun car (not an investment) that is a great pick-me-upper when I’m having a bad day and need a smile. I have just over 1,000 miles after 7 months.
Com’on, who doesn’t love the sound of an LT4 starting in the morning… day or night!

With all of the focus on electric cars trying to emerge, I’m grateful to have Cadillac step up these recent years and offer the beast I purchased! I love that I still could purchase two 6.2L’s in 2022 that I enjoy driving both of them. #ICE ICE BABY😂✌️🍻
My same situation exactly though I have a older GMC with 5.3 & 8L90 Reason, I actively looked for A10 it's that good! I have had enough shifting and frankly totally over it. I get everything I want from this car and no car is perfect but this one is good enough to put in the SPECIAL Column.....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back