Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Flutter/Vibration Under Power and low boost

CT5-V Model

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
Car was running fine the last time I drove it but now it makes a fluttering noise and I feel a matching vibration if I try to give it much throttle. It kind of sounds like PTM but with a vibration as well.

The car also doesn’t make over 9 in HG (4psi) of boost. I tried with all the TC off and no change. Anyone else had this problem?

Car has a manual transmission.

Last edited:
Good luck man ... sounds like an iffy dealer, hope they figure it out and don't give you the CCND runaround.

Good luck man ... sounds like an iffy dealer, hope they figure it out and don't give you the CCND runaround.

I just dropped her off. The sales folks were great and I have chatted with their tech over on another forum so that is encouraging.

I also asked them to try and adjust the hood stops so it doesn't bounce up and down above 150 MPH but that got me some strange looks.

I just dropped her off. The sales folks were great and I have chatted with their tech over on another forum so that is encouraging.

I also asked them to try and adjust the hood stops so it doesn't bounce up and down above 150 MPH but that got me some strange looks.
Show them your videos!!! LOL.....You are using the car the way it was designed!

Car was running fine the last time I drove it but now it makes a fluttering noise and I feel a matching vibration if I try to give it much throttle. It kind of sounds like PTM but with a vibration as well.

The car also doesn’t make over 9 in HG (4psi) of boost. I tried with all the TC off and no change. Anyone else had this problem?

Car has a manual transmission.
Any check engine light or other lights , may a rodent problem, tree rats will certainly destroy a wiring harness.

Yeah, just called the dealer. I certainly didn't get any special treatment for having a Blackwing (not even a loaner car).
Most dealers inventory are so low they don’t have a fleet of loaners available right now, but Cadillac should supply a rental if your car is out of service for any length of time.

Most dealers inventory are so low they don’t have a fleet of loaners available right now, but Cadillac should supply a rental if your car is out of service for any length of time.
Because it's a Cadillac? Or because it's a Blackwing?

Any check engine light or other lights , may a rodent problem, tree rats will certainly destroy a wiring harness.
No CEL. It's been stored in my garage so I doubt that is it but anything is possible I guess.

I would hope because it’s a Cadillac.
The service advisor asked me if I bought their "protection package" with the car, I said "no, but I did buy a $115K car with a warranty". Basically she said that unless I bought their protection package I wasn't going to get a loaner.

No CEL. It's been stored in my garage so I doubt that is it but anything is possible I guess.

The service advisor asked me if I bought their "protection package" with the car, I said "no, but I did buy a $115K car with a warranty". Basically she said that unless I bought their protection package I wasn't going to get a loaner.
That’s BS. This is supposed to be a luxury car.

Sorry to hear you’re having issues, loaner notwithstanding.

That sucks! I know I brag about Sewell all the time but they really do take care of customers. Every time I go in for service, even an oil change they give me a V as a loaner.....

Ditto That’s BS. This is supposed to be a luxury car.

Well I'll say other than the initial run around and not getting a loaner car the dealer was great to work with. It turned out to be a quick fix of replacing a damaged #8 spark plug.

The tech found the #8 cylinder misfiring under load which is what was causing the shudder. He told me the grounding strap on the #8 plug was completely melted and mentioned it might have been running lean. Given that she's been ridden hard at the track I am hoping this is an isolated incident and not something recurring.

At least it was identified, hopefully now all goes well

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners