Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

First check engine light, manual transmission?

Any chance your battery was low? I know the code says transmission but given that it's a manual I wonder if that is a catch-all the also includes the differential. I know the eDiffs have issues if battery voltage is low so it's possible it tried to do something with the eDiff and couldn't because of low voltage.
I guess that is possible. I did spend time when I initially picked it up messing with the infotainment with the car off, but after that, I drove it quite a few miles, and then just left it overnight. That morning when I turned it on, the check engine light came on, and I got the codes from Onstar. At this point I'm having my dealer call me and I'm gonna have them sort it out, I don't want to take any risks.

Screenshot_20210823-100446_Gmail.jpg
seeing how there is a "failure to probe module" for the TCM, is it possible that there is an issue with the ECU or something not being set up a manual transmission, but rather an automatic? MT's don't have TCU's I assume, maybe the system is freaking out because it thinks the car is automatic?

Sorry for the triple post, but I brought the car to the dealership. They were unable to clear the code, service guy said he is going to order an actuator module or something, I took the car home for now since they didn't have any loaners, they'll let me know when the part is in and I'll drive back in. I've noticed the shifter is starting to buzz at certain speeds in 4th gear, not sure if that's related... I'll have to call back when I get the chance to find out exactly what they ended up ordering.

Last edited:
Sorry to see your ride having hiccups. Good news is it is under warranty and nothing obviously feels bad. You did the right thing going to the dealer. I work on my own cars that are older or out of warranty, but when they’re in, I’m at a dealer quick!

Sorry to see your ride having hiccups. Good news is it is under warranty and nothing obviously feels bad. You did the right thing going to the dealer. I work on my own cars that are older or out of warranty, but when they’re in, I’m at a dealer quick!
I'm glad I took it in too, it is important to remind myself it's under warranty and once the hiccups are under control, what remains is that these cars are track monsters that have been run for 24 hours on the track. Reading about preparing the car for the track in the owners manual because it truly was purpose built was an amazing thing to see. The dealer told me that tracking the car in no way voids the warranty because thats what it was designed for. That alone gives me confidence in the hardiness of these vehicles.

Last edited:
Personally, I’d probably take it to the dealer. Brand new car, don’t know what requirements there are for the warranty and what not.
I agree, new car means their problem. Don’t think you will have an issue resetting it and seeing if it comes back. These are to be expected from a new car but should just be minor inconvenience

@Ungwei , what was the result of your CEL? I also had a CEL during the 12 mile drive to my detailer after having picked it up from the dealer. Unfortunately, it may be several weeks before I can have mine checked out as it’s in the detailer’s hands.

Haven't heard back from the dealer yet, I'll call them this week to see if they're still waiting on the part. I haven't had any problems otherwise, nearing 500 miles.

Haven't heard back from the dealer yet, I'll call them this week to see if they're still waiting on the part. I haven't had any problems otherwise, nearing 500 miles.
You reset it or, they did when you brought it in?

So finally got an update for you guys. Last week the driver side exhaust actuator replacement came in to the dealership, so they drove to my place of work in a loaner xt5 and brought my car back to the dealership for repair.

They also managed to fix the buzzing in 4th gear, which was actually caused by the rear axle cooler line contacting the first exhaust to drive shaft heat shield due to a dent in the heat shield, which they repaired.

I got the car back in a day, and no longer getting a buzz or check engine light, and it feels even better than it did before (not sure if this has to do with the actuator being replaced or just a placebo). Overall the service experience was fantastic, and coming from a VW, having a loaner dropped off for me and having my car picked up was magical lol, not to mention taking warranty service seriously and not brushing off the stick shifter buzzing.

I'm having an issue with the airbag system. Onstar comes with airbag deployment system telling me the airbag indicator is on but it's not. I start the car and the indicator is on for a couple seconds, then goes off. Onstar diags says it's on so kll take it in to have them check in the morning.

Finally solved this problem, it was low battery and after applying short charge and battery check = problem is gone. These are sensitive to low battery for sure. Didn't need to go to the dealer.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue with the airbag system. Onstar comes with airbag deployment system telling me the airbag indicator is on but it's not. I start the car and the indicator is on for a couple seconds, then goes off. Onstar diags says it's on so kll take it in to have them check in the morning.
Very strange, definitely good idea to get it checked, don't want to mess with airbag stuff.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back