Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Finding Allocations

First post besides the one on the new member thread. I have an order with a local dealer since March who said they had allocations, but that apparently wasn't the case since we are now into August and the order was never picked up. Is there any way to determine which dealers are getting Blackwings so I can search a dealer who may actually have allocations? I tried going through the registry list looking for dealers in my state that seemed to be delivering them, but I'm not sure how effective that is.

While I have waited, I've been second-guessing my order. Originally I had infrared with (black) performance cloth seats. The dealer came back a while later and said red was not being accepted, so I changed to my 1b choice, blaze orange. I've since seen a regular CT4-V in orange on a dealer lot and really like it now more than the red. But, I have also developed a liking for the sky gray interior. I think the gray interior looks great with the red, but I'm not convinced it would look as good with the orange. Any thoughts on the orange/gray combination?
Welcome to the forum and the goat rodeo! I'm in the throes of the same...car (5MT) built in late June but sitting at the plant awaiting a chip. That being said, my dealer LaFontaine Cadillac in Highland, MI (metro Detroit) is a high-volume dealer and often has 4BWs in stock. They don't charge ADM as far as I know...so you may want to give them a call. Ask for Handsome Glover and tell him Peter sent you. PM me if you need more specifics, and good luck!

It is a 4, and it's manual. They wanted $10k deposit for an allocation to spec a car because " these were exclusive cars and they didn't want to be stuck with a car they could self if for some reason my deal fell through." I was actually willing to do that but they couldn't tell me WHEN they would get an allocation so I was unwilling to let them hold $10K interest-free. I said hey call me when have the allocation and I'll spec it and put down the deposit. They never did but just did stock orders.

NOW they claim they need to charge $15K over MSRP because they are exclusive cars and a lot of people want them. Bayway in Houston, if you want to talk with them for the car go ahead but as for me, after buying three cars with them, they've lost my business.

The mark of integrity is not found in doing the right thing when it is easy, it is doing the right thing when it is hard.
Were they charging $15k over plus their non-negotiable $3,300 in dealer adds? lol I traded my 4BW to them and would never do business with them to buy again. Thought I'd just take the nonsense adds and get a portion of the money back for the GPS service I didn't plan on using. Negative. GPS Company says no refunds. Considering contacting the AG since the dealer gave me no information on the product beforehand therefore how could I know it wasn't at least partially refundable.

I'm number 1 on their list but not that list I guess......... Now I get to pay the inflated price for a '23 thanks to my shitty local dealer (and my own stubbornness).
@SIX 40 .......I could have typed those two sentences. Same boat. Too stubborn to drop carbon and therefore no 5 in the garage. Thinking about ordering a 2023 for $7500 more or maybe wait for 2024, but who knows how much more they will be. Probably should look for an available 2022 and just pay the ADM....same difference.

I found a 4BW showing a $2k ADM and felt that was acceptable since the 2023 is $1500 more. But when I called they said it was a customer order so no deal. I found another and offered the $2k, but they wanted $5k, and with the tech package and few other items ballooned the price to about $8k over my ideal car. If it was my color (blaze orange or red) I might have considered going for it. I think I'm just going to ride out waiting for a 2023 order. Maybe demand will be less with all the 2022s already delivered, and the production picking up a bit. I can't believe I'm really considering paying $70k for a car, much less the $100k+ you 5BW folks are paying.

For those of you waiting for your 22 to fill, why do you think your allocation will fill at the 22 price? Asking because mine just filled and I had to pay 23 pricing.

For those of you waiting for your 22 to fill, why do you think your allocation will fill at the 22 price? Asking because mine just filled and I had to pay 23 pricing.
Has to do with production date. So those already produced but delayed 22's may get delivered later... yet if they are a true 22 then they should still pay 22 pricing is my understanding. When was yours produced?

I have no idea. I placed the order in Feb. the dealer got the allocation 2 weeks ago. Had to modify pretty much everything. I guess the difference is that most are waiting for filled allocations ordered months ago while I just filled an allocation?

First post besides the one on the new member thread. I have an order with a local dealer since March who said they had allocations, but that apparently wasn't the case since we are now into August and the order was never picked up. Is there any way to determine which dealers are getting Blackwings so I can search a dealer who may actually have allocations? I tried going through the registry list looking for dealers in my state that seemed to be delivering them, but I'm not sure how effective that is.

While I have waited, I've been second-guessing my order. Originally I had infrared with (black) performance cloth seats. The dealer came back a while later and said red was not being accepted, so I changed to my 1b choice, blaze orange. I've since seen a regular CT4-V in orange on a dealer lot and really like it now more than the red. But, I have also developed a liking for the sky gray interior. I think the gray interior looks great with the red, but I'm not convinced it would look as good with the orange. Any thoughts on the orange/gray combination?
It would be a road trip, but Batchelor Cadillac in San Antonio, said that the allocation is somewhat based on the volume of the dealership. Batchelor mentioned that they are the 6th largest dealer (they are associated with Sewell Group). I received my CT4-BW on August 4th. They told me ahead of time that the carbon fiber and leather seats were backordered, so I just purchased a base model 4BW with manual transmission and $500 performance steering wheel. I am super satisfied, and I saved 10k or so. I think I placed my order in March, got picked up in May (I think), produced week of 6/20, then sat around waiting for transportation, I think. Arrived at dealer and system was still showing "waiting for transportation" or something along those lines.

I have no idea. I placed the order in Feb. the dealer got the allocation 2 weeks ago. Had to modify pretty much everything. I guess the difference is that most are waiting for filled allocations ordered months ago while I just filled an allocation?

Wait I’m confused, did you get an allocation or did you get a car? Or are you like Tall Steve + and have two CT5 blackwings (since it seems like you are already taking your 5BW to the drag strip).

It would be a road trip, but Batchelor Cadillac in San Antonio, said that the allocation is somewhat based on the volume of the dealership. Batchelor mentioned that they are the 6th largest dealer (they are associated with Sewell Group). I received my CT4-BW on August 4th. They told me ahead of time that the carbon fiber and leather seats were backordered, so I just purchased a base model 4BW with manual transmission and $500 performance steering wheel. I am super satisfied, and I saved 10k or so. I think I placed my order in March, got picked up in May (I think), produced week of 6/20, then sat around waiting for transportation, I think. Arrived at dealer and system was still showing "waiting for transportation" or something along those lines.
My sales guy, Bobby Korom, said he had ordered some vehicles and with no deposit, he had a couple of them not picked up. Think they were blue 4BW's autos. Not sure if they still exist.

Wow! That is disgraceful. I understand you weren't trying to badmouth them but that's the type of info people would want to hear before doing business with a dealer.
Ken Batchelor Cadillac in San Antonio sold me mine 4BW at msrp, with the exception of an add on of $1,300ish for window tinting, etc., etc. They told me ahead of time that's what they charge on all their vehicles, so compared to other dealers, I said "deal". I have nice window tint, and whatever else they did. They were very professional and kept me in the loop. I did not have to make a deposit.

Ken Batchelor Cadillac in San Antonio sold me mine 4BW at msrp, with the exception of an add on of $1,300ish for window tinting, etc., etc. They told me ahead of time that's what they charge on all their vehicles, so compared to other dealers, I said "deal". I have nice window tint, and whatever else they did. They were very professional and kept me in the loop. I did not have to make a deposit.
Since they are a sewell family dealer I think those are optional. I can't say for sure but on my BMW order they said those things would be done once the car arrives, I declined and they said okay it'll be MSRP + TTL.

Wait I’m confused, did you get an allocation or did you get a car? Or are you like Tall Steve + and have two CT5 blackwings (since it seems like you are already taking your 5BW to the drag strip).
Sorry I wasn't clear. I received the car on August 4th.

The auto is objectively better at acceleration, fuel economy, and detaching you from the driving experience.

The extra tech you get with the auto is also beneficial for people who hate doing the driving themselves.
That's pretty rich coming from the guy that goes hard in the paint for fucking morons that don't want the EV experience.

That's pretty rich coming from the guy that goes hard in the paint for fucking morons that don't want the EV experience.
Cant Touch This Super Bowl GIF by Cheetos
Nick Offerman Smile GIF

I wasn't sure how mandatory that $1,300 was. I went there looking at a black CT4BW, but they wanted almost $8k in dealer add-ons (PPF) for stuff that wasn't even on the car at the time, and the car had a broken driver side window from transport. I ended up putting in a build with Bobby, as well.

I believe they have two automatics in stock; a black one and a blue one.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back