Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model
Happy November!

Wanted to drop in a quick update on the Carbon fiber reproduction Blackwing spoiler project. The initial test piece built needed some work in terms of quality, so I am hounding production to get us a smoother resin finish. I want these to arrive to you all essentially ready for paint on clear, with minimal prep work done.

I appreciate the patience and interest from everyone. I really want to front load the work so the end result is something you are all happy with. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call or email. Really pushing to get ahead of the holidays in getting our first few out.

916-265-8572

Thank You,

Any chance you'd sell the not-so-good test pieces? I'm sure a few people wouldn't mind having them body worked and painted. Just wondering.

Are you still taking orders? I actually like the look of the stock BW but if the price is right I wouldn't mind souping it up a bit. I am assuming as you didn't comment on it this is just the rear CF not the front splitter?

Like many here I received my CT5-V Blackwing without the carbon package and was underwhelmed by the aesthetics. With all of the trim pieces being gloss black I felt adding the single carbon pieces would be out of place. Not to mention become incredibly expensive to replace all the parts. In an effort to upgrade my Blackwing, and all of yours, I was able to secure an OEM Blackwing rear spoiler to create a direct replication of the carbon piece. This has all the OEM dimensions and mounting options.

View attachment 8436View attachment 8437

These spoilers will be built from carbon fiber and come with a gel coat from the mold ready for prep and paint. You will be able to clear coat and leave them exposed carbon. Or you can spray them gloss black to get the carbon package look without having random pieces of carbon on the predominately gloss black car. These will install very easily as your OEM spoiler is only held on by 3M tape and the trunk has pre-existing holes. I pulled mine off by hand and installed the new one in about 1.5 hours. The OEM carbon unit has inner mounting studs/bolts, and outer mounting studs you could drill holes for. Drilling the outer holes will be your choice, but they are difficult to access through the trunk panel. The spoiler will come with provisions for them, but I would recommend just using 3M tape on the outer edges like OEM.

View attachment 8438
I am ready to begin production on these but it will take significant financial investment on my behalf to start the process. I am opening up a reservation for 10 people to receive the first ones produced. We are looking at 6-8 weeks to build the tooling, then another 6 weeks to build and deliver the initial units. A $500 deposit needed to hold yours. As much as I want to build these for the community I also need to gauge interest and feasibility. Those getting the spoiler will have first dibs on the forthcoming front splitter also.
All parts will be hand built here in the United States. Cost on these will initially be set at $950 shipped to your door. After this first batch of 10 I can asses the total cost involved. Check out the pics of the spoiler in Gloss Black below and let me know if you are interested.

View attachment 8427View attachment 8428View attachment 8429View attachment 8431View attachment 8434
I’m interested also
chisholmg@me.com

Last edited:
Any chance you'd sell the not-so-good test pieces? I'm sure a few people wouldn't mind having them body worked and painted. Just wondering.
Not currently. I really only want to release pieces that are good for painting or direct install.
Are you still taking orders? I actually like the look of the stock BW but if the price is right I wouldn't mind souping it up a bit. I am assuming as you didn't comment on it this is just the rear CF not the front splitter?
I have a list established for those interested. The initial folks need to get theirs delivered first. Can you DM me your email address?
Interested as well
Awesome man. Please PM me your email address
I’m interested also
Sweet. PM me that email address please
Guess thats a no?
Just the rear spoiler for now. I have the splitter design ready to go, but need to make sure the spoilers are out first.
I'm very interested. Please let me know how to proceed.
Just send me an email address please. You can also email me. Terrance@exhibitionsofspeed.com
Finally got my car 5 blackwing . Have to say it was well worth the wait. Thing is awesome. Got to be careful, this thing will hurt ya if your not paying attention.
Keep that traction control on lol

Finally got my car 5 blackwing . Have to say it was well worth the wait. Thing is awesome. Got to be careful, this thing will hurt ya if your not paying attention.
Congrats!
Yes, unfortunately with the cold weather kicking in tires are useless. I had the traction on sport mode the other day and dropped down into 3rd to go around someone and she broke lose without much effort. I still have around 200 miles to go before the training wheels come off, that should be interesting in this weather... LOL

BTW, I'm used to spinning at triple digits, had some narly GT500's that demanded respect!

Good luck brother!

ok boys, finally some good news. Holidays and storms abound but progress never the less.

Anticipating having fully completed parts the first couple weeks of February. With the option for fully clear coated spoilers as well. No secondary prep work needed other than your normal detail work.

Still the option for non clear coated parts for those planning to paint gloss black.

Lets GO!!

That's great to hear @Terrance Sig

For clear coating, are you sending these to an autobody shop? I'd imagine you have the advantage of getting some bulk discounts we as end consumers can't get.

Is there extra cost involved? I'll gladly pay to have it clear coated first just to avoid needing to do it myself :)

@Terrance Sig are you going to be able to provide in template for the holes that need to be drilled out?

Would you consider selling them painted gloss black?
No sir. I have learned that painting parts gloss black takes some skill to buff and polish correctly. Last thing I want is to deal with complaints about micro scratches and trying to fix stuff from a distance. It will be much easier for people to have their paint needs met by someone local.
That's great to hear @Terrance Sig

For clear coating, are you sending these to an autobody shop? I'd imagine you have the advantage of getting some bulk discounts we as end consumers can't get.

Is there extra cost involved? I'll gladly pay to have it clear coated first just to avoid needing to do it myself :)
Clear coat will be done in house. Those parts will have a higher cost due to the time and materials, but will be cherry. Here are some of my other hood vents that come out after clear coat and polish.

C04898BF-6F5C-4261-B5E5-1CF2C6E1C3B3.jpeg

I’m ready , can’t wait to get it on the BLKWNG
chisholmg@me.com
I got you on brother!
@Terrance Sig are you going to be able to provide in template for the holes that need to be drilled out?
No drilling needed brother. V’s all have the holes pre-drilled under the OEM spoiler.

No drilling needed brother. V’s all have the holes pre-drilled under the OEM spoiler.
So are you saying, remove the existing spoiler, and yours will fit in the current holes put in the deck lid by GM? That would be excellent.

Do you have any updated guess on timing and more importantly, price?? I'm interested.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back