Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model
Terrence. do you have any close up pics of the carbon fiber weave on the spoiler?

Yes please. I'm very interested.
I will snag some high resolution photos once the first piece comes out of the mold. These will be your standard 2x2 weave pattern. Is there something in specific that you are looking for?

I will snag some high resolution photos once the first piece comes out of the mold. These will be your standard 2x2 weave pattern. Is there something in specific that you are looking for?
Are you doing the herring bone thing down the middle like OEM? Just curious.

How is design progress on the splitter coming?

Are you doing the herring bone thing down the middle like OEM? Just curious.

How is design progress on the splitter coming?
This is a bit of a double edged sword. I like the design aesthetic that the changing weave pattern provides. However, I do not want to increase the likelihood a part would fail quality control trying to make it happen. Carbon layup is still very much a by hand process, so human error is always a factor. It would break my heart (and wallet) to have a part be otherwise perfect outside of some weave inconsistency.

I will for sure give one a shot, as long as the juice is worth the squeeze.

This is a bit of a double edged sword. I like the design aesthetic that the changing weave pattern provides. However, I do not want to increase the likelihood a part would fail quality control trying to make it happen. Carbon layup is still very much a by hand process, so human error is always a factor. It would break my heart (and wallet) to have a part be otherwise perfect outside of some weave inconsistency.

I get it, I was just curious. Some people don't even like the herring bone look anyways. I do, but I also get that it probably complicates things.

Same here. Just curious how your version looks in comparison to the OEM. Not saying either is better than the other. Definitely would agree structural integrity is more important. Thanks.

Yo T, put me down for one pls... if youve started clearing them then cleared carbon, or ill just have my guy do it, tks bud
These are a carbon weave carbon pattern yea? Tks

Has anyone gotten these yet? If so, how did they turn out? My dealer called with a 2023 CT5 Blackwing allocation which I got, but NONE of the the carbon fiber items are available. I couldn't get the seats and no carbon fiber 1 package. The back end of the car is definately not the same without the carbon fiber spoiler. I thought I would be more disappointed by not getting the seats, but the I think the exterior is bothering me more.

Happy Sunday,

Wanted to tap in with a quick update on the carbon fiber spoiler production. We are slated to see the aluminum mold complete the CNC process on July 12, 2022. From there we will start laying up the first spoilers and refine that process. It can take 1-2 attempts to get it perfect, but using an aluminum mold makes tolerances and repeatability much better. Hoping the first one comes out dope and we can just start cranking away.

Will definitely update again once the mold is in.

Send some spoilers soon! Also if anyone backs out of their first batch order - I’m your man!

Same here. Just curious how your version looks in comparison to the OEM. Not saying either is better than the other. Definitely would agree structural integrity is more important. Thanks.
It will be the same physically. The carbon weave will just all flow one direction, similar to the front splitter.
Yo T, put me down for one pls... if youve started clearing them then cleared carbon, or ill just have my guy do it, tks bud
These are a carbon weave carbon pattern yea? Tks
You bet man. Drop me an email address via PM if you can.
Has anyone gotten these yet? If so, how did they turn out? My dealer called with a 2023 CT5 Blackwing allocation which I got, but NONE of the the carbon fiber items are available. I couldn't get the seats and no carbon fiber 1 package. The back end of the car is definately not the same without the carbon fiber spoiler. I thought I would be more disappointed by not getting the seats, but the I think the exterior is bothering me more.
Not yet brother, we are close to getting the first ones done though. Should be end of July
Interested in this!
Stay tuned bro!

Happy Sunday,

Wanted to tap in with a quick update on the carbon fiber spoiler production. We are slated to see the aluminum mold complete the CNC process on July 12, 2022. From there we will start laying up the first spoilers and refine that process. It can take 1-2 attempts to get it perfect, but using an aluminum mold makes tolerances and repeatability much better. Hoping the first one comes out dope and we can just start cranking away.

Will definitely update again once the mold is in.
Excited for these!

I really wanted the rear spoiler and didn’t care about the seats. But as fate would have it, I ended up with another car I didn’t order that has the seats. Rolling with the punches as they say.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back