Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model
Like many here I received my CT5-V Blackwing without the carbon package and was underwhelmed by the aesthetics. With all of the trim pieces being gloss black I felt adding the single carbon pieces would be out of place. Not to mention become incredibly expensive to replace all the parts. In an effort to upgrade my Blackwing, and all of yours, I was able to secure an OEM Blackwing rear spoiler to create a direct replication of the carbon piece. This has all the OEM dimensions and mounting options.

View attachment 8436View attachment 8437

These spoilers will be built from fiberglass and come in a black gel coat ready for prep and paint. You will be able to get the carbon package look without having random pieces of carbon on the predominately gloss black car. These will install very easily as your OEM spoiler is only held on by 3M tape and the trunk has pre-existing holes. I pulled mine off by hand and installed the new one in about 1.5 hours. The OEM carbon unit has outer mounting studs you could drill holes for, but they are difficult to access through the trunk panel. The spoiler will come with provisions for them, but I would recommend just using 3M tape on the outer edges like OEM.

View attachment 8438
I am ready to begin production on these but it will take significant financial investment on my behalf to start the process. I am opening up a reservation for 10 people to receive the first ones produced. We are looking at 6-8 weeks to build the tooling, then another 6 weeks to build and deliver the initial units. A $500 deposit needed to hold yours. As much as I want to build these for the community I also need to gauge interest and feasibility. Those getting the spoiler will have first dibs on the forthcoming front splitter also.
All parts will be hand built here in the United States. Cost on these will initially be set at $950 shipped to your door. After this first batch of 10 I can asses the total cost involved. Check out the pics of the spoiler in Gloss Black below and let me know if you are interested.

View attachment 8427View attachment 8428View attachment 8429View attachment 8431View attachment 8434
Thanks for taking the initiative to design and build these! I’m waiting for my order to get picked up and built and it it is before the CF part issues are resolved I would definitely buy one!

Looks like we definitely hit our initial 10 to get things started. I will be emailing some info out to everyone Sunday. Please check your spam as it will come from Terrance@Exhibitionsofspeed.com

Opps somehow I missed the invoice. Paid.

Ok boys. Last minute change has us going full carbon with these. Just made more sense to save weight and ensure uniformity for those not painting them.

Mold design work is underway and we should start CNC machining on them soon.

Interested in the next batch, please keep me in the loop! Totally missed this forum until now

Terrence, I just stumbled upon this today. LIke theprototype above, I'd be interested in the next batch of spoilers too. I have a 5 on order with a tpw of 6/20.

I wish you would offer an ABS version that can be painted for a slightly lower cost...
More molds, more manufacturers, more cost and more problems. I generally build items in a way to get the best possible quality, most versatility and balanced with cost. With the sticker price of these cars I don't really see $975 shipped for a hand laid carbon fiber spoiler built in the US as anywhere near expensive.

However, I fully understand the desire to want to buy things as economically as possible.
Interested in the next batch, please keep me in the loop! Totally missed this forum until now
For sure brother. If you want to DM me an email address I can add you on my list. I will open up for deposits once I get the first few out of the mold and delivered.
Terrence, I just stumbled upon this today. LIke theprototype above, I'd be interested in the next batch of spoilers too. I have a 5 on order with a tpw of 6/20.
Awesome man. Drop me an email address and I will keep you updated. Just want to get the first few of these delivered before I hold anyone else's cash.

More molds, more manufacturers, more cost and more problems. I generally build items in a way to get the best possible quality, most versatility and balanced with cost. With the sticker price of these cars I don't really see $975 shipped for a hand laid carbon fiber spoiler built in the US as anywhere near expensive.

However, I fully understand the desire to want to buy things as economically as possible.
Oh I understand, It seems silly for me to pay for a quality CF piece, just to paint match to my car.. that is the conundrum I face. I am just not a fan of exposed CF on the exterior of a car... call me weird... You are doing the lords work sir and I appreciate what you are doing... this is just my "wish"

Oh I understand, It seems silly for me to pay for a quality CF piece, just to paint match to my car.. that is the conundrum I face. I am just not a fan of exposed CF on the exterior of a car... call me weird... You are doing the lords work sir and I appreciate what you are doing... this is just my "wish"
I think if you buy the CF rear spoiler from GM (assuming it is available) it will probably run you close to $3k. I think this is a great deal at $975 and if you don't like the exposed CF look you can paint it gloss black....

I may be on your customer list soon. My family owns a pair of auto body shops and can clearcoat or paint myself. How do these attach to the trunk lid ? Could you post a photo? Thanks. I was behind a CT4 in summit white , like my ordered car and it looked totally funky without a spoiler.

Attachments

• 20220525_151004.jpg
    20220525_151004.jpg
    987.8 KB · Views: 116
I may be on your customer list soon. My family owns a pair of auto body shops and can clearcoat or paint myself. How do these attach to the trunk lid ? Could you post a photo? Thanks. I was behind a CT4 in summit white , like my ordered car and it looked totally funky without a spoiler.
Awesome man. These will install using the OEM style of attachment. Four bolt/studs at the center and 3M double sided tape on the outer edges.

The trunk has existing holes already. I do agree, its better with the spoiler.

I feel the same way about painting over oak and other expenses woods. It just feels wrong.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back