Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model
Hello all, new to this forum. Received my 5v BW 8 days ago. Needless to say no CF. I'm in on your creation. All others out there are just crappy double sided tape only and there is 1 OEM on eBay with scratches on it for 2k. contact me for payment. Thanks for your enthusiasm and talent to recreate this piece.

I have a spoiler on order from him….if it’s anything like the wheels I just received from him it’s going to be a nice piece!!!

Attachments

• A79DCA22-AD71-4ABC-AF22-3ADE5D861787.jpeg
    A79DCA22-AD71-4ABC-AF22-3ADE5D861787.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 137
What is the current lead time on the spoiler? Let me know!! Thanks. Looking forward to seeing what else you get cooking for this platform.

Hey nice work ! craftsmanship is still alive , I love it . Keep me in the loop . I've been waiting for 7 months and my 5bw order has not been picked up. Started at a 22 and now it's going to be a 23.

Like many here I received my CT5-V Blackwing without the carbon package and was underwhelmed by the aesthetics. With all of the trim pieces being gloss black I felt adding the single carbon pieces would be out of place. Not to mention become incredibly expensive to replace all the parts. In an effort to upgrade my Blackwing, and all of yours, I was able to secure an OEM Blackwing rear spoiler to create a direct replication of the carbon piece. This has all the OEM dimensions and mounting options.

View attachment 8436View attachment 8437

These spoilers will be built from carbon fiber and come with a gel coat from the mold ready for prep and paint. You will be able to clear coat and leave them exposed carbon. Or you can spray them gloss black to get the carbon package look without having random pieces of carbon on the predominately gloss black car. These will install very easily as your OEM spoiler is only held on by 3M tape and the trunk has pre-existing holes. I pulled mine off by hand and installed the new one in about 1.5 hours. The OEM carbon unit has inner mounting studs/bolts, and outer mounting studs you could drill holes for. Drilling the outer holes will be your choice, but they are difficult to access through the trunk panel. The spoiler will come with provisions for them, but I would recommend just using 3M tape on the outer edges like OEM.

View attachment 8438
I am ready to begin production on these but it will take significant financial investment on my behalf to start the process. I am opening up a reservation for 10 people to receive the first ones produced. We are looking at 6-8 weeks to build the tooling, then another 6 weeks to build and deliver the initial units. A $500 deposit needed to hold yours. As much as I want to build these for the community I also need to gauge interest and feasibility. Those getting the spoiler will have first dibs on the forthcoming front splitter also.
All parts will be hand built here in the United States. Cost on these will initially be set at $950 shipped to your door. After this first batch of 10 I can asses the total cost involved. Check out the pics of the spoiler in Gloss Black below and let me know if you are interested.

View attachment 8427View attachment 8428View attachment 8429View attachment 8431View attachment 8434
As a side note. Just saw rear spoiler listed on Cadillac website, $3999, ouch

Any chance a front splitter will be in the works at some point?
@Terrance Sig has some some 3D models of work of a front splitter as well.
I'm interested in the spitter for sure! Thank you.
Indeed I am working on it

E180D8E3-2563-479C-B6C6-26213A2DCB07.jpeg

any future plans to do replicas for the 4?
I haven’t gotten my hands on one to play with, but it’s an option
Hello all, new to this forum. Received my 5v BW 8 days ago. Needless to say no CF. I'm in on your creation. All others out there are just crappy double sided tape only and there is 1 OEM on eBay with scratches on it for 2k. contact me for payment. Thanks for your enthusiasm and talent to recreate this piece.
Much appreciated. Now I just need to deliver
I have a spoiler on order from him….if it’s anything like the wheels I just received from him it’s going to be a nice piece!!!
Those are dead sexy!
What is the current lead time on the spoiler? Let me know!! Thanks. Looking forward to seeing what else you get cooking for this platform.
Lead time is fluid. Going to try and get the first couple laid up and shipped this month. From there I anticipate 6-7 per month until we refine the process
As a side note. Just saw rear spoiler listed on Cadillac website, $3999, ouch
Ouch!

I'm interested in the spitter for sure! Thank you.
Indeed I am working on it

View attachment 10467

I haven’t gotten my hands on one to play with, but it’s an option

Much appreciated. Now I just need to deliver

Those are dead sexy!

Lead time is fluid. Going to try and get the first couple laid up and shipped this month. From there I anticipate 6-7 per month until we refine the process

Ouch!
What would you say the approximate ETA is for the 5BW CF Splitter? Just a ballpark, not holding your feet to the fire.

What would you say the approximate ETA is for the 5BW CF Splitter? Just a ballpark, not holding your feet to the fire.
I’m not sure yet. I’d like to build it tomorrow, but getting on the production schedule is always the issue

I’m not sure yet. I’d like to build it tomorrow, but getting on the production schedule is always the issue
What's up with the supply chain for carbon fiber material? How are you able to lay your hands on it yet the GM suppliers can't? I'm a business owner as well and I can see quite an opportunity for you. I'm happy for you.

What's up with the supply chain for carbon fiber material? How are you able to lay your hands on it yet the GM suppliers can't? I'm a business owner as well and I can see quite an opportunity for you. I'm happy for you.
With rumors that the 2023s may also also be constrained on CF and the price increase of the 2023 CF packages @Terrance Sig could sell a lot, assuming supply chain isn't holding them back. Would be nice to see some of the CF2 pieces done, but not sure how practical or feasible that is.

Supply chain is not good right now. Materials delays for carbon is a real thing. Sometimes smaller is better. GM has to build these at scale and needs inventory on hand to get built cars delivered. Getting 800 of these on the shelf for the production line is a different story than 5-10 at a time. Remembering too, GM sells CF packages. Even if they had spoilers, they cant send a client a car if the shortage is with front splitters. So they need everything.

But it also means it's hard for smaller guys like myself to compete and build stuff as cost effective as it used to be since everyone is buying materials. A carbon manufacturer would much rather fulfill a 500 roll order than mine for 15. So, I just roll with it and get done what I can.
With rumors that the 2023s may also also be constrained on CF and the price increase of the 2023 CF packages @Terrance Sig could sell a lot, assuming supply chain isn't holding them back. Would be nice to see some of the CF2 pieces done, but not sure how practical or feasible that is.
My understanding is CF1/2 are constrained for 23, and dealers are advising not to order with those packages if you want a car.

Would be awesome if we could get these fender parts of the front splitter too. No one has found a way to order the OEM ones at this point
64B453E8-7FCD-4CE6-BB99-E49DB3C479D8.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners