Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

EV Thoughts Thread: cause the old farts did their usual thing

I'll agree with TY here. Why would lack of production or charging options make you hate EVs, which was his whole point. If you hate EVs due to production issues, you must REALLY hate blackwings.

If BEV battery is a political topic due to where they're sourced & built, then nearly every consumer electronic is much more of a political topic.

I see no difference between this and guys who drive Fords that claim to hate Chevys and vice versa.
My point exactly. Thank you.

I think it's totally valid to hate the politics or legislation surrounding EVs. But to hate all EV as a driving instrument? No.

See post #26. If California made a law saying you had to buy a Ford that would upset a lot of people. But, they make a law saying all new vehicles sold by 2035 must be EVs. And the law is based on the premise that it’s to save the planet. That’s very political and simply not how the facts line up. As I always say, if you want to find the truth follow the money.

Say something enough times and people believe it without questioning it. Go ask a bunch of people if they think EVs are better for the environment than ICE and you’ll get the same answer time after time. I’ve spent countless hours doing research on this topic. Why? Because I’m an engineer and naturally curious about how things work in the real world. The answer to if the are better for the environment is not that straightforward. There are a number of unknowns and unintended consequences that we don’t fully understand.

Only time will tell, but once this experiment is in high gear, I predict the outcome won’t be as glorious as we thought. There are many scientists that share this opinion.

BEVs are at best a very short term proposition. I believe it is premature to go all in like we (governments) are doing now. We should be spending more time and resources on alternative solutions and not banning the devil we know (ICE).
I agree with this. The libertarian streak that permeates my otherwise liberal leanings feels that banning one particular form of propulsion is stupid, especially when internal combustion has come such a long way. The engineer and American in me, though, loves that I can own a car that is powered by the solar panels on my roof, and not by oil that gets pumped out of the sand in Saudi Arabia.

I think the car enthusiasts that "hate" EVs are doing so out of some sort of perverse virtue signaling driven by their hatred of the politics surrounding EVs, not based on the cars themselves. That's why I called it an opinion borne out of ignorance. I virtually guarantee that anyone on this forum would love driving, say, a Taycan Turbo...no matter their political opinions.

Shut Down Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
I've chosen my hill to die on, now let me do it! :D

Are we talking thick or thicc?
Yes

Thicc is generally considered a compliment and is intended to show appreciation for bodies that do not conform with the "tyranny of thinness." Thicc is a deliberate misspelling of the word "Thick." It has been the preferred spelling since at least the early 2000s.

I have yet for anyone to talk to me or notice my BW :cry:. I don't think I drive it enough - only at 400 miles in 2 months.

Regarding EVs, I'd love to have one. Not to replace my gas cars, but something for around town and quick errands. I don't want one to be 'green' as I think there is a lot of BS around the movement, but more for the convenience/utility.

Yes

Thicc is generally considered a compliment and is intended to show appreciation for bodies that do not conform with the "tyranny of thinness." Thicc is a deliberate misspelling of the word "Thick." It has been the preferred spelling since at least the early 2000s.
So after around 50 posts/diatribe about EVs on a Blackwing forum, I finally learned something!! Not something I can use at home or work but something!

I said what I said.

It's not a political argument.

Saying you hate EVs is like saying you hate pickup trucks or you hate German cars. It's an opinion rooted in ignorance.
Got it, so you're only interested in policing the argument by calling people fucking morons because they group EV's into a sub optimal section of the auto industry atm.

Got it, so you're only interested in policing the argument by calling people fucking morons because they group EV's into a sub optimal section of the auto industry atm.
That doesn't make any sense.

Just read an article that tested an 2022 F-150 Lightning towing a trailer and the range was 90 miles. Yep, EVs are magical. This is what the .gov wants for us. Let’s show some love for the Lightning.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners