Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

EV Thoughts Thread: cause the old farts did their usual thing

This is exactly right.

I'll go a step further (backward?) and say that if you actually *hate* EVs, you're a fucking moron. EVs are not Elon Musk. EVs are not self righteous Tesla drivers. EVs are not a replacement for a loud gas burning manual sport sedan. EVs are not better than gas cars for every driving use case. But a quality EV is great to drive in its own right. If the instant torque that snaps you into the seat when you mash the go pedal for the first time doesn't put a smile on your face, you are simply not a car enthusiast.
I cannot fucking wait to get an EV so I don't ever have to hear "btw some wrench light came up on my dashboard last week and said oil maintenance" the night before my girlfriend plans to go on a trip.... Plug it in and good to go.
I will say as quick as my 4 is, pedal to the floor in my parents' model Y still brings the biggest shit eating grin to my face, yes it's boring the rest of the time but that's why I have a blackwing and people that want a decent commuter have a model Y. I'm excited for an electric future but will be keeping this dinosaur of a car around for as long as possible too.

So I owned 3 Lotus before this car. Lotus are super rare, especially where I live, and to your average person look exotic, so they always got a lot of attention. Sometimes to a point where it got annoying. Walking out to my car and people standing around it. People constantly asking how fast it was, how much it cost, etc. Occasionally you would get someone who knew what it was and actually have good conversation.

So when I decided to get this car part of me was a little relieved that it wouldn't get any attention. I was actually wrong. While it doesn't get as much attention that the Lotii did, it has gotten more way more attention than I expected. The good part is since to your average person it looks like just a Cadillac it filters out a lot of the negative interactions. So its mainly only people who know what it is. Really as it currently stands, the Blackwings are pretty rare cars, granted the models they are based from aren't. However for someone who knows what they are looking for they will get their attention for sure.
Bang on.

This is exactly right.

I'll go a step further (backward?) and say that if you actually *hate* EVs, you're a fucking moron. EVs are not Elon Musk. EVs are not self righteous Tesla drivers. EVs are not a replacement for a loud gas burning manual sport sedan. EVs are not better than gas cars for every driving use case. But a quality EV is great to drive in its own right. If the instant torque that snaps you into the seat when you mash the go pedal for the first time doesn't put a smile on your face, you are simply not a car enthusiast.
This is a pretty asinine response, in fact, some would call it mad.wacky.son. For the record, in April this year I just finished 3yrs and 45k mi of ownership in a model s 100d. I also currently own a Chevy Bolt that I use for 4 days out of the week to commute. The reality is, after the first couple of 0-60 launches there's not much else to write home about. It's heavy, it's rattles, it's not very comfortable, it's a robot that goes from point A to B in a somewhat terrible manner as far as I'm concerned but some people love it! And yes, some of the tech is indeed cool and should definitely find its way to the mainstream but it was the single most boring car I've ever owned. When you factor in the cost, the car has very little value for me. The bolt on the other hand at least serves a purpose and is appropriately priced. I'd be careful calling people fucking morons and labeling others as not car enthusiasts just because they don't like the car or brand regardless of their reasons. But this is the internet after all and what better way to ruin a thread about some good old fashion car fun than to throw a political argument into it.

This is exactly right.

Thats Tough GIF by ION

As of right NOW, I hate the fuck out of EV's....

This is a pretty asinine response, in fact, some would call it mad.wacky.son. For the record, in April this year I just finished 3yrs and 45k mi of ownership in a model s 100d. I also currently own a Chevy Bolt that I use for 4 days out of the week to commute. The reality is, after the first couple of 0-60 launches there's not much else to write home about. It's heavy, it's rattles, it's not very comfortable, it's a robot that goes from point A to B in a somewhat terrible manner as far as I'm concerned but some people love it! And yes, some of the tech is indeed cool and should definitely find its way to the mainstream but it was the single most boring car I've ever owned. When you factor in the cost, the car has very little value for me. The bolt on the other hand at least serves a purpose and is appropriately priced. I'd be careful calling people fucking morons and labeling others as not car enthusiasts just because they don't like the car or brand regardless of their reasons. But this is the internet after all and what better way to ruin a thread about some good old fashion car fun than to throw a political argument into it.
I said what I said.

It's not a political argument.

Saying you hate EVs is like saying you hate pickup trucks or you hate German cars. It's an opinion rooted in ignorance.

Curious about what you think people are ignorant about. Is it lack of infrastructure for battery production, charging, and power grid capacity. Or maybe it’s lack of raw materials and that a majority of those raw materials are under the control of foreign governments not that keen on the US.

It’s hard to take anyone seriously that doesn’t think BEV battery production isn’t a political topic. Do a deep dive into what’s going on in these countries in that regard.

Curious about what you think people are ignorant about. Is it lack of infrastructure for battery production, charging, and power grid capacity. Or maybe it’s lack of raw materials and that a majority of those raw materials are under the control of foreign governments not that keen on the US.

It’s hard to take anyone seriously that doesn’t think BEV battery production isn’t a political topic. Do a deep dive into what’s going on in these countries in that regard.
I'll agree with TY here. Why would lack of production or charging options make you hate EVs, which was his whole point. If you hate EVs due to production issues, you must REALLY hate blackwings.

If BEV battery is a political topic due to where they're sourced & built, then nearly every consumer electronic is much more of a political topic.

I see no difference between this and guys who drive Fords that claim to hate Chevys and vice versa.

On a more serious note, with the push for all electric, what's going to happen with our gas cars and gas stations once all new sales have been electric for about a decade? Are they all going to be converted to charging stations and we will end up driving our electric cars to a dedicated speciality gas shop to pick up a few gallons of 93 to keep driving our blackwings or will enough gas powered cars be around to keep gas stations alive? Will there be new legislation to actively force all gas cars off the road just to make a full swap? At the end of the internal combustion era, I wonder if gas would be insanely cheap due to low demand, or insanely expensive due to low supply.

My BW received a lot of attention last weekend at a car show... People loved that it was a 6 speed and that it had an awesome sound.......

Attachments

• IMG_5469.jpg
    IMG_5469.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5472.jpg
    IMG_5472.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5473.jpg
    IMG_5473.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5474.jpg
    IMG_5474.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5475.jpg
    IMG_5475.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5477.jpg
    IMG_5477.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
I'll agree with TY here. Why would lack of production or charging options make you hate EVs, which was his whole point. If you hate EVs due to production issues, you must REALLY hate blackwings.

If BEV battery is a political topic due to where they're sourced & built, then nearly every consumer electronic is much more of a political topic.

I see no difference between this and guys who drive Fords that claim to hate Chevys and vice versa.
See post #26. If California made a law saying you had to buy a Ford that would upset a lot of people. But, they make a law saying all new vehicles sold by 2035 must be EVs. And the law is based on the premise that it’s to save the planet. That’s very political and simply not how the facts line up. As I always say, if you want to find the truth follow the money.

Say something enough times and people believe it without questioning it. Go ask a bunch of people if they think EVs are better for the environment than ICE and you’ll get the same answer time after time. I’ve spent countless hours doing research on this topic. Why? Because I’m an engineer and naturally curious about how things work in the real world. The answer to if the are better for the environment is not that straightforward. There are a number of unknowns and unintended consequences that we don’t fully understand.

Only time will tell, but once this experiment is in high gear, I predict the outcome won’t be as glorious as we thought. There are many scientists that share this opinion.

BEVs are at best a very short term proposition. I believe it is premature to go all in like we (governments) are doing now. We should be spending more time and resources on alternative solutions and not banning the devil we know (ICE).

That's nice and all, but the real question is, were there any hate crimes committed against BEVs at this internal combustion supremacist rally you went to?
I didn't see or hear of any..... I really think 99% of the people there hate BEV's but I could be wrong.... Why don't we talk about something less controversial like guns?

I didn't see or hear of any..... I really think 99% of the people there hate BEV's but I could be wrong.... Why don't we talk about something less controversial like guns?
Or Abortion ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners