Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

discussing pricing with dealer

Ungwei

Seasoned Member
Now that my 4BW has been built, I want to get back in touch with my dealer. When I made the initial reservation, my dealer said they wouldn't be marking up the price at all since I was an initial reservation. With everything that has happened with supply line issues and the pandemic, I am a little concerned he will have changed his mind. What is the best way to approach this?

Like I did yesterday with mine, a friendly reminder about what had already been agreed upon. Do not open the door for them. You had previously reached an agreement and you are just giving them a friendly reminder about it.

good lord... 17k in "adjustments"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 4.09.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 4.09.18 PM.png
    484 KB · Views: 182
good lord... 17k in "adjustments"
"+ dealer adds"

That translates to: key fob warranty, glass etching, pinstripes, nitrogen for the tires, and BS 'Doc' fees. Oh, and a $700 module that pulses the 3rd brake light lol.

Greedy bastards. Can't wait for the day we can cut the middle man (dealer) out and buy straight from the manufacturer.

"+ dealer adds"

That translates to: key fob warranty, glass etching, pinstripes, nitrogen for the tires, and BS 'Doc' fees. Oh, and a $700 module that pulses the 3rd brake light lol.

Greedy bastards. Can't wait for the day we can cut the middle man (dealer) out and buy straight from the manufacturer.
Not to mention the additional taxes that goes along with the ADM which I'll be stuck paying.

Feels great to basically give these dealers free allocations when they decide to screw over the reservation holders by charging ADM. Really hope my dealer comes through for me, I can live without the car but it annoys me the idea of the dealer profiting off of me reserving with them.

Feels great to basically give these dealers free allocations when they decide to screw over the reservation holders by charging ADM. Really hope my dealer comes through for me, I can live without the car but it annoys me the idea of the dealer profiting off of me reserving with them.
I had no choice, all the dealers in my area are charging ADM but I have been waiting for this car ever since I heard about it so I'll bite the bullet.

• Love Post
Reactions: Rob
Only way to deal with it is to name and shame. We know who these dealers are, so don't buy from them in the future, and make sure everyone you talk to knows they shouldn't buy from them either. Unless it hurts their wallet, it's not going to sink in.

I really don't see the ADMs sticking around for the Blackwings. It's not an M badge or an AMG badge, so non-car people are out of the dick swinging badge contest. This car is not all that hyped, even to car people.

I really don't see the ADMs sticking around for the Blackwings. It's not an M badge or an AMG badge, so non-car people are out of the dick swinging badge contest. This car is not all that hyped, even to car people.
A lot of that depends on the stats and reviews. The 4’s time at VIR has already brought attention where there wasn’t any previously. That and how many get produced.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back