Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Didnt someone have their exhaust replaced over rust?

Jameson's Viggen

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V BlackWing
I swear I saw that happen here.

Am I being picky asking for this to be warrantied?

A picture might help the internet judges hand down a verdict.

I doubt that. The exhausts are almost all or probably all stainless steel. Suspect the exhausts often outlive the rest of the car. Don

I doubt that. The exhausts are almost all or probably all stainless steel. Suspect the exhausts often outlive the rest of the car. Don
There's nothing for you to doubt. The person had their exhaust replaced. It wouldn't have been done without proof. Let's see if my pictures will load.

Here are the pics
PXL_20240505_152216197.jpg
PXL_20240505_152222289.jpg

I had no idea any auto manufacturers were using aluminized steel for exhausts. I just assumed the BW exhausts were the cheap-ish 409 Stainless Steel, which will corrode/rust unlike 304SS. 409 is very commonly used on OE exhausts.

5 here, left and right - no rust

Attachments

• 20240509_083639.jpg
    20240509_083639.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240509_083614.jpg
    20240509_083614.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 21
I don't have rust either, but I don't live in Michigan and I suspect its winter driving that is causing this. My thinking says a replacement will eventually do the same thing so better to avoid the time and energy and just neutralize the rust and then hit it with some matte high heat paint.

NJ here (very minimal winter usage)-- I absolutely have rust in the same locations on my 4BW exhaust

Hoping to go aftermarket at some point

I had my exhaust system replaced here recently under warranty, but not for rust, but for the Butterfly actuator on the inside quad tip. Apparently there is an "A" shaped bracket that is welded to the exhaust to hold the actuator.
A month after I purchased the car, I was going up the interstate when my CEL came on. After I got home, I looked around the car for an issue. Didn't notice one, but when I got up the next day walked out to get the mail, and noticed the exhaust actuator hanging just below the rear bumper.
The dealer replaced the whole exhaust/muffler? system. They replace the whole thing because of a broken weld on the actuator. With that being said, it also included new (Black satin?) tips. My other tips were filthy and sutty to the point that I took a little flat black paint and sprayed the inside. ehhh.., but it looked somewhat better.
But these new tip gleam in the sunshine. So i'm making a point to put these on my regular cleaning list when I clean the car. Overkill? Probably..., but I like the way the quads look on the backend.
While I was there, they also did warranty work on my tail lights as well. Got 2 new tail lights under the B 2 B warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG