Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Detailing poll

How wil maintain your car?

• Wax

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Ceramic Coating

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Partial PPF

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Full PPF

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Full PPF + Ceramic

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Partial PPF + Ceramic

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters

Ungwei

Seasoned Member
I finally bit the bullet and scheduled a full front ppf and ceramic coating for my new Blackwing, but I wanted to see what everyone else was planning on doing!

Since this car will be seeing some track time I will most likely PPF the front of the car, and then wax (maybe ceramic) for the rest of it.

PPF on the whole front and ceramic coating on rest of the car.

I will be daily driving mine as well as hitting the tracks as much as I can. Autocross, road course, drag strip, Mexico, etc. I'll drive it through the winter on dry days. So PPF and ceramic seem to be the right choice. I will also show it several times a year so staying on top of both mechanical and cosmetic maintenance are priorities.

I suggest PPF on the rear quarters. Depending on how wide the rear quarters are and how sticky the tires are, the rear quarters can get easily sand blasted quickly. I've seen it happen on C7 Z06 and Grand Sport Corvettes.

The quotes I am getting are hurtin, $2-3k for front ouch 😭😭😭😭

Last edited:
The quotes I am are hurtin, $2-3k for front ouch 😭😭😭😭
Unfortunately, clear film protection isn't cheap. An entire C8 Corvette runs between $6,000 - $8,000 depending on where you go and it can take them up to two days to do it if only one guy is doing the cutting and application.

Does that include ceramic and rear quarter panels and the extra bits they recommend protecting?
Just front xpel, quoted 3-4 places now. Nothing else. I just cant do it lol.

Wait, the car that you just spent 6 years on isn’t worth protecting? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Its just paint, and you can repaint, its also not that fragile. All my black cars dont have xpel and I drive em hard. I know I really want to do it but I stretched to buy this car $3k is a lot.

Its just paint, and you can repaint, its also not that fragile. All my black cars dont have xpel and I drive em hard. I know I really want to do it but I stretched to buy this car $3k is a lot.
If you can only do a grand or two, I'd probably just go ceramic. It'll give you some degree of scratch and ding protection, protect the paint from fading, make it easier to clean, and really make the paint shine. That's what I decided to do--I don't do enough highway driving for rocks to be a huge issue, so PPF just wasn't worth the cost to me. I'll post pictures when I have a chance. I get it back tomorrow, but tropical storm probably will prevent good outdoor photo opportunities for a little bit.

If you can only do a grand or two, I'd probably just go ceramic. It'll give you some degree of scratch and ding protection, protect the paint from fading, make it easier to clean, and really make the paint shine. That's what I decided to do--I don't do enough highway driving for rocks to be a huge issue, so PPF just wasn't worth the cost to me. I'll post pictures when I have a chance. I get it back tomorrow, but tropical storm probably will prevent good outdoor photo opportunities for a little bit.
Speaking of tropic storm, I'm picking my car up tomorrow, and won't have a garage available at home... thinking of bringing it to a paid garage in Danbury lol

Speaking of tropic storm, I'm picking my car up tomorrow, and won't have a garage available at home... thinking of bringing it to a paid garage in Danbury lol
Honestly Id probably do it. I had a limb fall on my new Camaro SS back in 2010. The hood and roof had dents all over. Guess that's why we have insurance...

Will dealer possibly let you leave it there for Sunday and keep it parked inside the show room or shop?

I’m with you on that.. I don’t mean it be oblivious to cost, but was expecting 2500-4500 for the whole car… looks like I’ll be saving for a re spray down the road…

Was about to pull the wheels to do ceramic coating…. Where are the jacking points?? I can’t find anything for the ct5 only cts..

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back