Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Delivery Thread - Post Pictures Here!

Out of curiosity, is there enough demand/desire here to see if we can get a more advanced school option at Spring Mountain? I'm sure I'm not the only one with amateur road course (HPDE), SCCA autocross, etc.. experience. I went to the 2-day course at Spring Mountain when I bought the '17 CTS-V and while it was well done and I'd highly recommend it for first-timers, it's a bit too basic for those with more than a few track events under their belt.
Cool idea, but I should probably stick to the basics for now...
Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF

Cool idea, but I should probably stick to the basics for now...
Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF
I asked years ago with the CTS-V3 group and they said not at this time....it never happened. Hell most of the class was slower than molasses like they were scared of their 640hp car. They ended up splitting our groups up so us faster guys/gals could go fast.

Oh, I better beat 108mph on that straight away in this car or I'll be depressed.

Hey guys - new here and glad to see some more BW activity vs. the other forum I was on. Took delivery of my 5BW (#36) at Ed Morse Cadillac Fort Lauderdale last Weds and have 151 miles on it (80 or so from the first drive from the dealer to my house. My first Caddy and very happy with the car so far. Was a little weary of ordering a $100k+ car sight unseen without driving it but no regrets. Look forward to seeing others and meet some other BW owners. I already had a Hellcat owner come over at the gas pump (where we will all be spending a lot of time I might add) and was drooling over the car to the point I almost felt bad LOL. Look forward to meeting some of you down the line.
Is yours Summit White or Rift? It’s beautiful, I’m in Fort Lauderdale as well.

Welcome to the active board, Aviator! Beautiful 5BW!!! On a related note, I've had two Hellcat owners eyeing my car too as they drove by, one gave a thumbs up and I returned the thumbs up. Hellcats are awesome too.

I'm a car nut (as most of us are) and can pick out cars quickly. The 5BW is a bit more subtle as at a glance it could be the V6 CT5-V and not the Blackwing, but I think from behind the 305 tires and meaty look exhaust tips make most car people realize this might not be a V6 Caddy. :D :D :D
He walked over and asked if it was a custom exhaust as I pulled up so the meaty sound got him!

Is yours Summit White or Rift? It’s beautiful, I’m in Fort Lauderdale as well.
Summit. I almost went with Rift and changed my mind at 11th hour - very happy with my choice. As you know being in Florida, it's hot so all of my cars are white. I just moved to Palm Beach Gardens after about 6 years in FTL - was getting too crowded.

He walked over and asked if it was a custom exhaust as I pulled up so the meaty sound got him!
Yep, I have track mode for the exhaust enabled in all my drive modes. It has a nice subtle, throaty sound unless you're hard on the throttle and then it has a nice, refined roar.

One cool thing I've noticed is on downshifts like when coming to a light, there is some really nice popping from the exhaust as it revs down. I have rev match on (never been super good at heel/toe especially with some minor leg numbness from a little bit of nerve damage) and I love downshifting as I'm slowing for a light with the nice popping sound as it slows to a stop. Well done on that, Cadillac!!

Summit. I almost went with Rift and changed my mind at 11th hour - very happy with my choice. As you know being in Florida, it's hot so all of my cars are white. I just moved to Palm Beach Gardens after about 6 years in FTL - was getting too crowded.
I haven't seen one in this color yet. Looks great!

I originally ordered summit White and changed to Rift, but I think I’m going to go back SW. thanks your photos help make up my mind. I agree FLT
Is getting very congested. Hope to see you and your beautiful car around. I won’t have mine for awhile.

Out of curiosity, is there enough demand/desire here to see if we can get a more advanced school option at Spring Mountain? I'm sure I'm not the only one with amateur road course (HPDE), SCCA autocross, etc.. experience. I went to the 2-day course at Spring Mountain when I bought the '17 CTS-V and while it was well done and I'd highly recommend it for first-timers, it's a bit too basic for those with more than a few track events under their belt.
I'd be down with that but I doubt they'll do it. It's more wear on the cars and seems like it would be an infrequent class. I've been to SM several times and 3 of those were the L1/owners school. I just try to keep an open mind, see what I can pick up that is useful, and I always enjoy the on track time. The last time I went for the C8 school they even made a smaller group for the couple of us that were clearly faster than the rest. We did have to stop a couple of times to build a gap as we were about to lap one of the other groups. I never felt like I was being held up when I was in the hot seat behind the instructor though.

This was my last session of the C8 owners school and as you can see the pace was pretty good.

This was supposed to be "PICTURES" thread. More pictures, less discussion :)

I'd be down with that but I doubt they'll do it. It's more wear on the cars and seems like it would be an infrequent class. I've been to SM several times and 3 of those were the L1/owners school. I just try to keep an open mind, see what I can pick up that is useful, and I always enjoy the on track time. The last time I went for the C8 school they even made a smaller group for the couple of us that were clearly faster than the rest. We did have to stop a couple of times to build a gap as we were about to lap one of the other groups. I never felt like I was being held up when I was in the hot seat behind the instructor though.

This was my last session of the C8 owners school and as you can see the pace was pretty good.
Given GM is subsidizing the cost for this, I would actually be open to kicking in more on my own for a more advanced class for the very reason you mentioned. Would be cool to have an option to pay to upgrade to a 2-day Competition License course. However, I don't see a path to making it happen so I'll have to content myself with the standard offering (or maybe give it to my son.)

Saw it delivered today as truck came into dealership. I tried to upload a video that shows (and hears) the delivery person grinding the gears as they try to drive a stick shift. You can hear me ask the dealership to "take over" so he stops. Will have more pics tomorrow when I pick it up. then off for full car Xpel Ultimate Plus, with ceramic then window tint. it is Rift Metallic next to a white truck.

Attachments

• collector plate.jpg
    collector plate.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 276
  • door sill.jpg
    door sill.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 280
  • on truck.jpg
    on truck.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 284

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!