Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Delivery Thread - Post Pictures Here!

I would its simple enough.
Wait what?
So there’s front brake ducts that are factory installed and are ok for street use, but rear brake ducts that are dealer installed and not ok for street use?

What’s the concern? Dirt/pebbles? Or speed bumps tearing them off?

Both 4 and 5 btw?

This is really simple. Rears stick below ground a lot more, if you drive in snow (half country) or over debris, in rain etc things can come into contact. With the fronts they dont stick below ground as much (on 4 not at all) and grab air from ducts/ski ramp to guide to rotor. Also, having those rears installed without the brake disc shields removed has no point. They are super easy to install and remove. I dont drive my car in winter and its a pleasure/track car. I will have all these installed on my car understanding the risks.

This is really simple. Rears stick below ground a lot more, if you drive in snow (half country) or over debris, in rain etc things can come into contact. With the fronts they dont stick below ground as much (on 4 not at all) and grab air from ducts/ski ramp to guide to rotor. Also, having those rears installed without the brake disc shields removed has no point. They are super easy to install and remove. I dont drive my car in winter and its a pleasure/track car. I will have all these installed on my car understanding the risks.

thanks for the explanation Mirza. One more question then, do you need to remove the shields when installing these? For both f & r?
I’m in Dallas so I just might.

Oh.. btw. Is this in the manual somewhere or in a track supplement?

Manual is inside the parts bag and owners lists as well track only. All of this is for extra cooling if necessary including front. Dallas is warm but sandy so understand on street driving you ll be sending a lot of dust/sand into rotors and it could embed if brakes are hot, causing some pulsation/vibration. On track brakes are so hot they are griding/wearing all off so not as big a deal.

Mirza, thank you for the responses and I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. Are these ducts included and required for the carbonic ceramic brake options or are they not necessary? It'd be good to know what I should have received when I took delivery of my 5BW with carbons.

No extra cooling on carbon brakes. Car will have stadard cooling deflector on front only. Dont sweat asking its all good.

Not delivered yet… but here
1ECAF678-2F89-4B16-B5B0-7032276B3A7A.jpeg

Attachments

• ACF1C733-F924-4D3E-8C42-181939DA4E9D.jpeg
    ACF1C733-F924-4D3E-8C42-181939DA4E9D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 187
It's finally here!! Will be picking it up tomorrow so will post better pictures then.

car.jpg

Looks awesome! That's the first one I've seen without the CF packages too, I think. (I also didn't get the CF, so it's nice to have a better idea of what mine will look like!)

Looks awesome! That's the first one I've seen without the CF packages too, I think. (I also didn't get the CF, so it's nice to have a better idea of what mine will look like!)
Thanks. I don't plan on tracking it, so skipped out on CF packages to save costs. Other than that it's fully loaded.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back