Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Delivery Thread - Post Pictures Here!

Awesome car !!! I'm really happy for you !!!
Are you though....
jealous natalie tran GIF

Very sharp. Considered rift at one point too. Love the contrast of carbon fiber off of it.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a humble apology to make for an incorrect statement I made about my car earlier at delivery. As I took delivery today ... It did not have 34 miles on it as I stated yesterday, it has 13. The dealer guy who took delivery said 34, but not his fault, I was wrong and just wanted to state for the record. Apologies to anyone who was mislead or offended by my inaccuracy. Cadillac and the logistics process were just fine, it was my car craziness that sent it to a new level!

Sorry, Scott

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a humble apology to make for an incorrect statement I made about my car earlier at delivery. As I took delivery today ... It did not have 34 miles on it as I stated yesterday, it has 13. The dealer guy who took delivery said 34, but not his fault, I was wrong and just wanted to state for the record. Apologies to anyone who was mislead or offended by my inaccuracy. Cadillac and the logistics process were just fine, it was my car craziness that sent it to a new level!

Sorry, Scott
Denzel Washington Movie GIF

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Sorry, Scott
Alas, my car did have that many miles on it... Still not happy about it. If anyone has info on how to dig through the pre-delivery nav breadcrumbs it would be much appreciated.

Alas, my car did have that many miles on it... Still not happy about it. If anyone has info on how to dig through the pre-delivery nav breadcrumbs it would be much appreciated.
I don't have the car yet but the manual doesn't mention breadcrumbs or "back track" so that's another feature that's been dropped. My 2005 CTS-V even had it but I don't see many references beyond 2016 for GM products anymore. That car also kept track of the maximum lateral Gs the car experienced in the DIC but the CT5-V looks like it only shows the real time values. That information would have been really useful to know what "type" of extra miles those were.

I don't have the car yet but the manual doesn't mention breadcrumbs or "back track" so that's another feature that's been dropped. My 2005 CTS-V even had it but I don't see many references beyond 2016 for GM products anymore. That car also kept track of the maximum lateral Gs the car experienced in the DIC but the CT5-V looks like it only shows the real time values. That information would have been really useful to know what "type" of extra miles those were.
That's too bad. Maybe @Mirza Grebovic has some info on the type of QC testing some of the cars might have been subjected to and if that could be an explanation for some cars having higher mileage than others? I'm sure transit by train explains some of it too--have to move the cars around the lot, and on and off the trains--but over 30 miles feels a little high for that and "just going to get gas" especially when others are seeing half of that or less.

That's too bad. Maybe @Mirza Grebovic has some info on the type of QC testing some of the cars might have been subjected to and if that could be an explanation for some cars having higher mileage than others? I'm sure transit by train explains some of it too--have to move the cars around the lot, and on and off the trains--but over 30 miles feels a little high for that and "just going to get gas" especially when others are seeing half of that or less.
Quality audits cars on road every so often (just like most quality checks once in a while you pull a sample and measure/recheck etc). You cant check everything without driving car. Also, did the milage come off the truck before dealer PDI or?

Quality audits cars on road every so often (just like most quality checks once in a while you pull a sample and measure/recheck etc). You cant check everything without driving car. Also, did the milage come off the truck before dealer PDI or?
I figured there would be some element of road testing, just wasn't sure how much was involved and if it might get the car into that ballpark. Unfortunately don't really know on off the truck vs. at delivery, they just gave me the mileage certification as we were finalizing everything and that's when I got the number. I was under a bit of a time crunch to get out the door and we were still dealing with the finance side of things so I didn't get into it with them about the mileage aside from expressing a little bit of surprise that it was that high. If 35ish sounds reasonable for a car that got picked for a quality audit and then got shipped by train, I'm not going to worry about it too much--I just want to make sure it wasn't somebody in one of the railyards or at the dealership taking a test drive along the way, haha. My past experience has been that 10-15 miles is usually where things are at when I pick up a custom order car, so it just seemed a bit off.

Your totally right on about milage on most cars. As far as road audit the team mebers doing their job take it very seriously, not to mention how many eyes are on these cars. I wouldnt worry.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back