Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Deliveries stopped due to UAW strike?

My 2024 CT4 Blackwing arrival edition was delivered today. Now I have to decide to keep my 2022 BW4 or trade it for the 2024 BW4. If the dealer offers me enough, then I'll probably trade it in. If not, I'll keep both 4's. My driveway has just enough for all 3 Blackwings. I guess you can tell I love these cars.
Interesting. You're in California. Me too. Did you order enclosed shipping? Would that make a difference?

My 2024 CT4 Blackwing arrival edition was delivered today. Now I have to decide to keep my 2022 BW4 or trade it for the 2024 BW4. If the dealer offers me enough, then I'll probably trade it in. If not, I'll keep both 4's. My driveway has just enough for all 3 Blackwings. I guess you can tell I love these cars.
I just sold my 2022 BW4 with a little over 20K miles and got $57,100. Collector Series, both carbon fiber packages, automatic, no sunroof or Tech Package nor PDR with full PPF and ceramic, windshield and interior protection to give you an idea.

Interesting. You're in California. Me too. Did you order enclosed shipping? Would that make a difference?
No enclosed shipping. The dealer ordered it knowing that I wanted one and he knew I would buy it.

No enclosed shipping. The dealer ordered it knowing that I wanted one and he knew I would buy it.
My confusion stems from the fact that we are both in California. We both ordered CT5 blackwings. Your car was just delivered. Mine is sitting in a lot in Michigan. My dealer tells me no cars are being moved onto trucks and delivered due to the strike. There is no consistency here. Clearly, cars are being delivered, even across the country to California. Why is mine just sitting there...for over 5 weeks?!?

did anyone see what the UAW's demands were to start?

They want 40% increase in pay with a 4 year contract, including inflation increases and a 4 day work week with 40 hours of pay... I suspect it will be a long stalemate.

did anyone see what the UAW's demands were to start?

They want 40% increase in pay with a 4 year contract, including inflation increases and a 4 day work week with 40 hours of pay... I suspect it will be a long stalemate.

Just imagine how high their demands would be if they knew how to align doors, snap panels together, etc. Apparently all of these morons "identify" as being worth much more than they are.

#JustHaveTheDamnRobotsBuildTheEntireCar

Why is mine just sitting there...for over 5 weeks?!?
It really is a complete crapshoot and those no rhyme or reason to when certain cars get delivered. Some people have watched as their completed cars sit in a storage lot for six months or more, while others get their car delivered within a few weeks of the build date. You won't really be able to find any sort of pattern or reason to it.

My confusion stems from the fact that we are both in California. We both ordered CT5 blackwings. Your car was just delivered. Mine is sitting in a lot in Michigan. My dealer tells me no cars are being moved onto trucks and delivered due to the strike. There is no consistency here. Clearly, cars are being delivered, even across the country to California. Why is mine just sitting there...for over 5 weeks?!?

Only 5 weeks (so far)? Jealous. Many of our cars sat in that lot for months (5+ months for me).

My 5 BW was delivered to California yesterday. It was built 9/1. Regular shipping. Sounds like your dealer is misinformed or lying.

Lot's of cars do sit in the lot for months. My assumption is that is to fix some defect or missing part prior to delivery. It's also possible your car is already on a train headed to California

My 5 BW was delivered to California yesterday. It was built 9/1. Regular shipping. Sounds like your dealer is misinformed or lying.

Lot's of cars do sit in the lot for months. My assumption is that is to fix some defect or missing part prior to delivery. It's also possible your car is already on a train headed to California
congrats! Glad to hear you got one so quickly given what you went through... show us some glamor shots!

My dealer now tells me they got the invoice this week but not ETA for shipment. Invoice? What does this mean?

IDK if this info is true or not...but.....I was told that if your car is at a factory holding lot.....its not moving while the strike is ongoing. IF, your car was already at the transporters holding lot, it can be shipped. This is what I was told by a GM worker. The UAW President is either going to end up a union hero....or his head will be on a pike.

Once invoiced to dealer usually means it’s going to be on its way.
My friend's 2024 5BW was invoiced on 7/27. Was "Bayed" on factory lot through 9/5. Went to Jack Coopers "Autoport at Delta" lot on 9/5. Been on "Active Exception - On Hold" ever since. No ETA. The Goat Rodeo is alive and well.

Jack Cooper Transport has a union as well. I'm not sure if they are on strike. Anyone local to Lancing seen Scabby?
1696957246315.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners