Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

^^^4BW vs 5BW, in my experience a 4BW is easier to find without ADM. My interaction with Team was with a 5BW and it was $20k ADM no haggle pricing.

That was then. Now MSRP or less.
As @jbawden stated, people should do what works for them. I'm a bit old school and view business through the lens of an ongoing relationship that is built on trust. That means doing things ethically and making reasonable margins (not charging the very highest price possible simply because you think you can). This is also how I conduct business. When one party tries to take advantage of another, trust is lost. So, for me there is no "then" and "now", there's only I will consider doing business with you based on my experiences to date or I won't. When a place is off my list of potential places to do business with, they are off for good. But that's me, to each their own. There's no shortage of dealers offering MSRP on the BW4 today.

Fremont Cadillac wanted 25k over MSRP for a BW4 a few months back that looked like it required some corrective paint work. When I see a dealer that greedy I just write them off as a place to never do business with regardless of whether or not their pricing one day comes back down to earth. The fact that they even attempted to screw someone that bad is enough for me to never consider them.
WOW, things have changed over there. I used to go there all the time until they went through some management changes.

As @jbawden stated, people should do what works for them. I'm a bit old school and view business through the lens of an ongoing relationship that is built on trust. That means doing things ethically and making reasonable margins (not charging the very highest price possible simply because you think you can). This is also how I conduct business. When one party tries to take advantage of another, trust is lost. So, for me there is no "then" and "now", there's only I will consider doing business with you based on my experiences to date or I won't. When a place is off my list of potential places to do business with, they are off for good. But that's me, to each their own. There's no shortage of dealers offering MSRP on the BW4 today.
Nothing imprints a memory for me more than bad treatment or service. First impressions are usually good ones. MHO

Michael Stead in Walnut Creek have 2 (or 3) 4BW at sticker now.
They've put ~$800 of dealer addons, but normal stuff like mirror caps, lug nuts, etc...
They were +$10k on 4BWs end of June.
I know we have a 12 month car buying season here, so no 'Winter is coming' but no dealer wants their cars sitting.

Michael Stead in Walnut Creek have 2 (or 3) 4BW at sticker now.
They've put ~$800 of dealer addons, but normal stuff like mirror caps, lug nuts, etc...
They were +$10k on 4BWs end of June.
I know we have a 12 month car buying season here, so no 'Winter is coming' but no dealer wants their cars sitting.
I bought a $110k Escalade from them earlier this year and they wouldn’t put me on the list for a 5BW…. LOL

View attachment 12716
Perfect opportunity to share my new award lol. Cadillac Execs were at Sewell today and I was given this award while they were here.

Thank you all for helping me achieve this! I’m certain I’ll have it again for 2022 as well.
I’m sure you were in the top 20. Do they give you any indication of a more granular ranking? Just wondering.
Congrats! You definitely work your butt off.
Long Live The King!

Not to quote scripture amongst this irreverent bunch, but God doesn't often repeat Himself in the Bible but the principle of "Thou shalt not glean the fields" is so important it's commanded twice. Lev 19:9 and 23:22. The idea being that we should never attempt to max out our profit on any deal and exploit others, but rather to be fair and reap the benefit of goodwill between both God and our fellowmen. I could not agree more, once a company shows me they are willing to exploit me, I will not do business with them again even if their prices return to ethical levels.

Not to quote scripture amongst this irreverent bunch, but God doesn't often repeat Himself in the Bible but the principle of "Thou shalt not glean the fields" is so important it's commanded twice. Lev 19:9 and 23:22. The idea being that we should never attempt to max out our profit on any deal and exploit others, but rather to be fair and reap the benefit of goodwill between both God and our fellowmen. I could not agree more, once a company shows me they are willing to exploit me, I will not do business with them again even if their prices return to ethical levels.
Very well said!

I’m sure you were in the top 20. Do they give you any indication of a more granular ranking? Just wondering.
Congrats! You definitely work your butt off.
Long Live The King!
He is being modest and wont tell y'all how bad to the bone he really is...... In the Cadillac suite this year at the 24 hrs at Daytona he introduced me to Rory Harvey VP Cadillac..... Dustin is known by all the top executives... And is a cool cat to hang out with! #blackwingking #numberoneinblackwingsales #noonecantouchhisnumbers #sewellcustomerforlife #idriveasewell #sewellfanboy

I bought a $110k Escalade from them earlier this year and they wouldn’t put me on the list for a 5BW…. LOL
Yuck that's not great. I know from talking to their service advisor, the 1 EscV they sold earlier this year went for 'some amount' over MSRP. Definitely they would/are still doing 5's with ADMs, just 4's at MSRP.
I can see how the 5's are not the 'easy' get a sticker 4's are. Hopefully you found something somewhere else.

Yuck that's not great. I know from talking to their service advisor, the 1 EscV they sold earlier this year went for 'some amount' over MSRP. Definitely they would/are still doing 5's with ADMs, just 4's at MSRP.
I can see how the 5's are not the 'easy' get a sticker 4's are. Hopefully you found something somewhere else.
I'm relatively low on the list at a top Chevy dealer for the new Z06, but if I find an MSRP dealer for a 5BW without a bunch of nonsense add-ons I may go that direction instead. I miss rowing gears and that's one thing the new Z06 missed the mark on.

The local dealer in my area has $50k ADMs on all their 4BWs, printed window sticker and all labeled "Dealer appearance package", which consists of some $20.00 door edge guards.

I have 2023 on order but went to look at some 2022s on the lot to see it in person. They of course asked if I wanted to work up some numbers and I said, I am at MSRP and you are at $50k over, so it doesn't appear there is much to talk about. They came back with $15k over and a fair price on my trade (compared to Carmax and all the others when you consider tax savings). I said again, MSRP is the max I will pay. I told them I have one on order at MSRP that I will wait for. They took my offer and I drove the car home. It was sickening to see that kind of markup on a car. I normally would have not given them my business but I have no idea if my ordered car will ever get built.

Last edited:
The local dealer in my area has $50k ADMs on all their 4BWs, printed window sticker and all labeled "Dealer appearance package", which consists on some $20.00 door edge guards.

I have 2023 on order but went to look at some 2022s on the lot to see it in person. They of course asked if I wanted to work up some numbers and I said, I am at MSRP and you are at $50k over, so it doesn't appear there is much to talk about. They came back with $15k over and a fair price on my trade (compared to Carmax and all the others when you consider tax savings). I said again, MSRP is the max I will pay. I told them I have one on order at MSRP that I will wait for. They took my offer and I drove the car home. It was sickening to see that kind of markup on a car. I normally would have not given them my business but I have no idea if my ordered car will ever get built.
A 65-70% markup? Going into Oct 2022? Absolutely bonkers! That dealer needs to be called out on Reddit and/or an email dropped to GM. That does the brand no good and they need serious naming and shaming.

No one is touching them at anywhere close to that number, so do they really think people are that dumb to go - oh wow you knocked 70% off your 70% ADM; what a deal! lol

Dealers are out of control right now! I know its not a Blackwing, but I just closed a deal for a new Toyota Corolla Hatchback for my son and if I had not needed the car so bad I would have handed him a spoon and told him to eat my behind! The GM told me that I went from being a difficult customer to a unreasonable one because I wanted to pay MSRP and had a few questions about the numbers...

I spoke to the GM last week for 30 mins on the phone telling him what I wanted and what I wanted to pay, and he said he would lose money on my deal just to get me as a return customer so I took him at his word and they traded another dealer for the car I wanted.. I think they had to give up more than they got to get my car, but don't tell me you can do something and get mad at me because it cost him more....... He said I was cheap for not wanting to pay the $500 ADM fee, and finally backed off of it after a heated discussion... He stated that the margins are so little on the Corolla's that he was losing money... I reminded him of his statement and then told him I would pay the $500 to keep his dealership in business... I then told him I waste $500 a month on cigars and wine so I would probably be ok. It all comes down to principle and integrity!

I'm going to play nice with them until the car comes in and then I will never give them my business again.....

Dealers are out of control right now! I know its not a Blackwing, but I just closed a deal for a new Toyota Corolla Hatchback for my son and if I had not needed the car so bad I would have handed him a spoon and told him to eat my behind! The GM told me that I went from being a difficult customer to a unreasonable one because I wanted to pay MSRP and had a few questions about the numbers...

I spoke to the GM last week for 30 mins on the phone telling him what I wanted and what I wanted to pay, and he said he would lose money on my deal just to get me as a return customer so I took him at his word and they traded another dealer for the car I wanted.. I think they had to give up more than they got to get my car, but don't tell me you can do something and get mad at me because it cost him more....... He said I was cheap for not wanting to pay the $500 ADM fee, and finally backed off of it after a heated discussion... He stated that the margins are so little on the Corolla's that he was losing money... I reminded him of his statement and then told him I would pay the $500 to keep his dealership in business... I then told him I waste $500 a month on cigars and wine so I would probably be ok. It all comes down to principle and integrity!

I'm going to play nice with them until the car comes in and then I will never give them my business again.....
Dealers’ margins are being squeezed across the board, obviously due to lower available inventories and inflation driven operating costs. This doesn’t mean they should lose composure and be unprofessional in customer negotiations, only thinking about the immediate potential sale and not repeat business. Sounds like this GM has the wrong perspective.

A 65-70% markup? Going into Oct 2022? Absolutely bonkers! That dealer needs to be called out on Reddit and/or an email dropped to GM. That does the brand no good and they need serious naming and shaming.

No one is touching them at anywhere close to that number, so do they really think people are that dumb to go - oh wow you knocked 70% off your 70% ADM; what a deal! lol
Yep, that seems like the strategy. They also have my two year old trade listed at $5k over MSRP, plus dealer fees, etc. I get that the supply is down and they need to try and maximize the profit per vehicle but they still make a decent profit at MSRP plus dealer fees and financing. Customers will remember the dealers that take advantage and word of mouth is powerful.

Yep, that seems like the strategy. They also have my two year old trade listed at $5k over MSRP, plus dealer fees, etc. I get that the supply is down and they need to try and maximize the profit per vehicle but they still make a decent profit at MSRP plus dealer fees and financing. Customers will remember the dealers that take advantage and word of mouth is powerful.
I agree, Jesus Christ forgives not Tall Steve.... I always remember a shady dealership!

This is why the traditional dealership model needs to change. There are very few people I know that have anything positive to say about car dealerships. The manufacturers just need to start selling direct or move to a fixed price model through the dealer network. Tesla started the direct model and I hear Ford is now going to do so on all their Ford Blue (EV) products.

We need to let the manufacturer set the price, not a dealer that adds little to no value during the process. Buying from Tesla was awesome. Build car online, fill out information, leave credit card deposit, wait for VIN and then take delivery in 15 minutes when it arrives. No dealer fees or unnecessary add-ons, no finance guy trying to beat you up on warranties and protection packages, etc.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back