Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Hmmm, that's a good point. I mean, I didn't order yet, and maybe that's why? So basically, the way they are doing it here...is you have to wait for them to get word of an allocation coming to their dealership, then they bring you back in if you're up on the list...to place the order. Since I am next on the list, I get this next allocation. My order actually gets placed on Tuesday as far as I know.

Now, how long from the time I expressed interest and got on the list, to getting the call for the allocation? Honestly, 1 week. To the day. They told me they might not get any allocations for a while, but then they got lucky and got 4 or something at once. I was the 4th person at the time, so yea.

How long it will take from order to build/delivery? I haven't the slightest idea, but I'm happy to at least be in the race, instead of on the sidelines. If that makes sense.
It absolutely does, if I knew I had an order submitted I’d be fine waiting, just wanna make sure I get in that’s all. I can wait for it to actually show up, not that I want to wait but it’s not as bad if you know you are at least on the list, I appreciate you breaking it down a little more. Probably my fault for not getting this information from the dealer, hell she may have explained it even but could have missed it, was kind of an abrupt change from an ats-v I was about to buy, realized i was getting close to the price of a new one and it just made more sense to me to go new so I kind of jumped in with no idea how any of this works. So if it’s all about allocations from dealers I might be best off putting the deposit down at a couple dealers and just cancelling the others when one come through first?

Really depends...is it a 4 or 5? 4s right now seems to be in better swing of production over 5s. Dealers supposedly gets allocations based on how much volume Vs and cars overall they move. So if you ordered from a small, underperforming dealer, they may never get an allocation. Its not uncommon to see somebody post up how they submitted an order Mar-Apr last year and their order still havent been picked up.
A 4, I’m not sure how much volume the dealer moves honestly but i know she’s sold a few blackwings already. There is another dealer kind of close to me that had a couple automatics people backed out of so they must get some allocations too so I’ll probably put an order in there too Monday.

It absolutely does, if I knew I had an order submitted I’d be fine waiting, just wanna make sure I get in that’s all. I can wait for it to actually show up, not that I want to wait but it’s not as bad if you know you are at least on the list, I appreciate you breaking it down a little more. Probably my fault for not getting this information from the dealer, hell she may have explained it even but could have missed it, was kind of an abrupt change from an ats-v I was about to buy, realized i was getting close to the price of a new one and it just made more sense to me to go new so I kind of jumped in with no idea how any of this works. So if it’s all about allocations from dealers I might be best off putting the deposit down at a couple dealers and just cancelling the others when one come through first?

You are definitely on the right track. So yes, the allocations situation is the worst part. Because they never really know exactly how long it will be before they get another allocation, and if you're pretty far down the list, then that's a tough spot to be. Also, YES! Get on as many lists as you feel comfortable with. If they charge a deposit, then I guess that'd be the only limiting factor for that piece. My dealership doesn't do the deposit, so if you can find dealerships that aren't doing that, I'd recommend getting on their lists as well.

One of the dealerships requested a deposit to just get on the list. I told him if he calls me to tell me he's got an allocation, he'll have his deposit within that same phone call. It worked, and he said that's fine by him and that was that. So you could try that line to help you skirt a deposit or two.

Yea, that's what I was told. Apparently this dealership moves cars so they get more allocations. They are getting quite a few for 4's right now. Fingers crossed I will get a quick build.
Seeing that you're in SA, guessing Ken Batchelor? Seems to be one of the better dealerships in TX.
A 4, I’m not sure how much volume the dealer moves honestly but i know she’s sold a few blackwings already. There is another dealer kind of close to me that had a couple automatics people backed out of so they must get some allocations too so I’ll probably put an order in there too Monday.
Genesis Cadillac? If so, guess you went with Natalie?

Seeing that you're in SA, guessing Ken Batchelor? Seems to be one of the better dealerships in TX.
Yea, I went with Ken Batchelor. They are on top of it.

Genesis Cadillac? If so, guess you went with Natalie?
yeah, she has been great so I don’t mean to make it sound like I’ve had an issue, just trying to maximize my chance of getting an order accepted, Natalie was very helpful so it’s just my bad for not putting an order earlier. Maybe I’m worried about nothing I just know the deadline for 2022 orders is coming up, although I guess I can always just try and put an order in for the 2023 as soon as they begin accepting them if I don’t get it accepted by then. This whole process is new to me and I should have asked more questions lol, between this market and the fact that it’s a small production vehicle it’s unlike anything I’ve dealt with and I hyped myself. I’m guessing the fact that I’ve seen her name and Genesis on here and the Facebook groups means I am in the right hands though so I’ll chill out a little and see what happens.

I’d like to get a 5BW and was pretty hyped for about the first 8 weeks after placing an order. At that time I was told 8 months. I think I have a good chance with my dealer (they have three 5BWs in transit right now), but I’ve also accepted the fact that I may not get one.

I’m usually a very can do, no obstacle too big, kind of guy, but for some reason I don’t have the motivation to turn this into an escapade where I’m calling and traveling all over the US trying to find a dealer. Sometimes it’s hard to read people on the phone. If I placed an order with an out-of-state dealer I would fly out and meet their people in person. That’s just me, I’m very old-school about business.

My dealer just let me know they have 2 BW5's coming and are available. I don't know if they are charging ADM or not on these because the 5's are getting hard to get. I'll try and get the order numbers to see what their status is.

1. 2022 Cadillac CT5 BlackWing in Black Raven with Jet Black interior Automatic Transmission, Red seat belts, Sueded microfiber steering and shifter, Parking package, Driver assist package, Cargo Net, Floor mats All weather front and rear, Performance data recorder, Black wheel locks, Black lug nuts, 19in Wheel Aluminum Alloy Wheel, Carbon Ceramic Brakes with cross drilled rotors, carbon Fiber front seat tracks, Ultraview Moonroof and carbon fiber 1 package.

2. 2022 Cadillac CT5 V Blackwing in Satin Steel with Jet black interior 6 speed manual transmission
Black mirror caps, Ultraview Moonroof, Lighting package, Brembo Carbon Ceramic brakes, Black seat belts, Technology package, Red Calipers, 19" Alloy with satin Graphite finish, Sueded Wrapped interior navigation, Advanced Security, Climate package, Driver Awareness package, Base front splitter

My dealer just let me know they have 2 BW5's coming and are available. I don't know if they are charging ADM or not on these because the 5's are getting hard to get. I'll try and get the order numbers to see what their status is.

1. 2022 Cadillac CT5 BlackWing in Black Raven with Jet Black interior Automatic Transmission, Red seat belts, Sueded microfiber steering and shifter, Parking package, Driver assist package, Cargo Net, Floor mats All weather front and rear, Performance data recorder, Black wheel locks, Black lug nuts, 19in Wheel Aluminum Alloy Wheel, Carbon Ceramic Brakes with cross drilled rotors, carbon Fiber front seat tracks, Ultraview Moonroof and carbon fiber 1 package.

2. 2022 Cadillac CT5 V Blackwing in Satin Steel with Jet black interior 6 speed manual transmission
Black mirror caps, Ultraview Moonroof, Lighting package, Brembo Carbon Ceramic brakes, Black seat belts, Technology package, Red Calipers, 19" Alloy with satin Graphite finish, Sueded Wrapped interior navigation, Advanced Security, Climate package, Driver Awareness package, Base front splitter
If anyone here buys after seeing this, you should get a commission. :)

Which dealer? I'd buy you a beer.

My dealer of course is sticking to adding 10K to the price so I got pissed off and wrote a letter to GM CEO Mary Barra and explained everything. Now I have GM Corporate office calling me.
I'll add more after I call them back... This should be interesting..
Just wondering if you had any luck contacting GM? I do not understand the logic of GM offering a car like this and then telling people they have NO information about when they will be built, what the timeline is, allocation, etc. I mean no info whatsoever. Terrible optics, no matter how badly you want the car.

Just a quick snap shot on quotes from 3 Massachusetts dealers for a 4BW to be ordered:
Dealer 1: MSRP - no allocations
Dealer 2: "I will get back to you" (never did)
Dealer 3: $10,000 ADM - no allocations
Talk about all over the place.

Just a quick snap shot on quotes from 3 Massachusetts dealers for a 4BW to be ordered:
Dealer 1: MSRP - no allocations
Dealer 2: "I will get back to you" (never did)
Dealer 3: $10,000 ADM - no allocations
Talk about all over the place.
Yea, it's pretty tough. You probably want to start looking out of state.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back