Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

at least I assume that will be buyer order only and I don't expect anyone to buy it with a sunroof AND no pdr lol
I’m not so sure, if a dealership receives one of the coveted allocations without a buyer, they’ll have to place the order or, risk loosing the allocation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not so sure, if a dealership receives one of the coveted allocations without a buyer, they’ll have to place the order or, risk loosing the allocation. 🤷🏻‍♂️
begs to question why they would get an allocation for a special edition if they don't have buyers lol

begs to question why they would get an allocation for a special edition if they don't have buyers lol
Previous sales like all other allocations. They may have a list of potential 4 BW buyers who they can offer their Track Edition allocation to.

Like a " 'Track' Edition" 4BW ...?
Dang. I was just going to leave that floating on the wind :LOL:

The Wire Love This Scene So Much GIF

hate to be the bearer of bad news but i'd assume never. I don't anticipate these to ever really sit on a lot for any reason other than ADM is too much.. Only exception being a dealer ordered a car with options that don't make sense.. like Auto with CCB, CF1/2, but with a sunroof and no PDR. So a track car without the PDR but with a sunroof.
Yeah with base seats.

I had a GT350 with Recaro seats and regretted ordering them because they made ingress/egress a chore. Clutch modulation when vertically challenged and also packing a few extra pounds translated into regular visits to my chiropractor. I didn't care to repeat that experience so I looked for blackwings locally and was able to sit in and compare base vs optional seats in the 5BW prior to placing my order. I think the bolster height on the 5BW is about the same as the GT350, much more pronounced than the CTSV2 and way too aggressive for daily use for what to me is still luxury car, though one that is capable of amazing performance.

Others will reach their own conclusions based on their use case and body structure, but I ordered base seats because I will never track my car and found the bolsters on the optional seats too aggressive for daily driver use to the point of impairing both comfort and ingress/egress relative to the standard seat. I wish the base seats looked as nice as the optional ones. On that basis I would have ordered sky cool gray mid tier seats. Aesthetically I'm super jealous of people who have those seats but I know I wouldn't be able to live with using them on a daily basis.

I had a GT350 with Recaro seats and regretted ordering them because they made ingress/egress a chore. Clutch modulation when vertically challenged and also packing a few extra pounds translated into regular visits to my chiropractor. I didn't care to repeat that experience so I looked for blackwings locally and was able to sit in and compare base vs optional seats in the 5BW prior to placing my order. I think the bolster height on the 5BW is about the same as the GT350, much more pronounced than the CTSV2 and way too aggressive for daily use for what to me is still luxury car, though one that is capable of amazing performance.

Others will reach their own conclusions based on their use case and body structure, but I ordered base seats because I will never track my car and found the bolsters on the optional seats too aggressive for daily driver use to the point of impairing both comfort and ingress/egress relative to the standard seat. I wish the base seats looked as nice as the optional ones. On that basis I would have ordered sky cool gray mid tier seats. Aesthetically I'm super jealous of people who have those seats but I know I wouldn't be able to live with using them on a daily basis.

We weren't saying the base seats don't serve their purpose. They certainly do and the people who get them will be more comfortable, most likely. We are just saying some dealers order dumb stock units lol for example putting damn near 20k of race inspired upgrades on a car but giving it daily driver level seats and a sunroof. Two things the person willing to spend 20k for track upgrades probably doesn't want.

I have the CF backed seats and the longest one day drive I have taken was 300 miles including a bunch of stop and go freeway. I never noticed anything about the seats other than they were 100% fine. Just another data point.

I don’t have a sunroof because I think it totally ruins the aesthetic.

I have the CF backed seats and the longest one day drive I have taken was 300 miles including a bunch of stop and go freeway. I never noticed anything about the seats other than they were 100% fine. Just another data point.

I don’t have a sunroof because I think it totally ruins the aesthetic.
I love the carbon backed seats. As noted before, I think they are better material and more comfortable than the middle 5BW seats, or top 4BW seats.

I love the carbon backed seats. As noted before, I think they are better material and more comfortable than the middle 5BW seats, or top 4BW seats.
I’ve sat in both no difference in contour, just quality of material no difference in comfort. We drive 330 mile one shot mid seats no issues at our age that’s saying something.

I’ve sat in both no difference in contour, just quality of material no difference in comfort. We drive 330 mile one shot mid seats no issues at our age that’s saying something.
This is true. The difference between the carbon and suede backed seats is simply the leather material and (the backs). The contour is the same, they hold you in just as well, the carbon will just be semi-aniline leather and carbon backed for aesthetics vs the mid tier.

I have the base seats in my 4BW. I tested out all three seat options in the 4BWs. I found the mid-tier seats strike the sweet spot for price/comfort/styling. You do have to contend with the bolstering during ingress/egress but they seemed a bit softer once you are in them. The leather seats felt the most firm but you pick up the ventilated option and more color choices. The base seats felt the most comfortable to me. They are noticeably softer but you give up some bolstering. If it is just a street car/daily driver then base seats are ideal as they cost quite a bit less as well. On a 4BW upgrading to leather adds almost 10% to the price of the car, which is kind of steep IMO.

A
I have the base seats in my 4BW. I tested out all three seat options in the 4BWs. I found the mid-tier seats strike the sweet spot for price/comfort/styling. You do have to contend with the bolstering during ingress/egress but they seemed a bit softer once you are in them. The leather seats felt the most firm but you pick up the ventilated option and more color choices. The base seats felt the most comfortable to me. They are noticeably softer but you give up some bolstering. If it is just a street car/daily driver then base seats are ideal as they cost quite a bit less as well. On a 4BW upgrading to leather adds almost 10% to the price of the car, which is kind of steep IMO.
The base seats are definitely comfortable, but they look like shit..

A

The base seats are definitely comfortable, but they look like shit..

I don't know if I would go that far but I agree the bucket seats look better. I still have my original 4BW on order with the mid-tier bucket seats for $2,500 upgrade, mainly for the appearance. However, I am still on the fence as to whether I will trade my current 4BW for my originally ordered one built to my desired specs since I have grown accustom the base seats and I like the fact that I am in a 4BW M6 at the $61k price point. Coming from a ZL1 at $67k I am having a hard time justifying $70k-$80k for a 4BW with a V6. I think I would rather try out a C8 1LT Z51 at that price point.

I see the market is starting to correct a bit and I would probably wait for the C8s come down and start selling at MSRP. I think the with Z06 launch, rising interest rates and the fact that they are producing more than 30,000 C8s per year now it is just a matter of time before we start seeing the ADMs disappear.

Honestly, I would have probably gone mid-tier seats IF the rear seat matched the fronts... since you get the base rear seats with them and they didn't look great together, I went to the top tier. But I really wanted the Alcantara seating surfaces, like my Camaro SS 1LE had(which also had a mismatched rear seat, but whatever...).

Honestly, I would have probably gone mid-tier seats IF the rear seat matched the fronts... since you get the base rear seats with them and they didn't look great together, I went to the top tier. But I really wanted the Alcantara seating surfaces, like my Camaro SS 1LE had(which also had a mismatched rear seat, but whatever...).
is this for the 4 BW or 5? I am assuming 5 since mid tier only applies to the 5 BW? I have matching rears in my mid tier setup on the 5.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back