Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Got an email this morning, Cadillac of Mahwah (NJ) now 2-3k under MSRP on the two 10 spd auto 4BWs they have in stock, if anybody wants them.
This is what I see on their website. IMO, when they start loading these cars up with $14k in options and they start to get a bit too expensive for what they are. They spec these cars with $1,600 PDR and $725 HUD which is desirable for the track but then they also add $1,050 for sunroof, which is not desirable for track work. Furthermore, they are 2022s while 2023s are starting to show up, all while we head into winter. These same cars for 2023 also get also get a $1,500 price increase so we are talking about $75k+ without any carbon fiber, which is now over $10k for 2023 for the full package. It is getting out of hand. IMO, $60-$70k is the sweet spot for these cars. If I wanted an automatic I would probably get a nicely optioned CT5V (non-BW) for like $60-$64k instead.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.31.59 PM.png

This is what I see on their website. IMO, when they start loading these cars up with $14k in options and they start to get a bit too expensive for what they are. They spec these cars with $1,600 PDR and $725 HUD which is desirable for the track but then they also add $1,050 for sunroof, which is not desirable for track work. Furthermore, they are 2022s while 2023s are starting to show up, all while we head into winter. These same cars for 2023 also get also get a $1,500 price increase so we are talking about $75k+ without any carbon fiber, which is now over $10k for 2023 for the full package. It is getting out of hand. IMO, $60-$70k is the sweet spot for these cars. If I wanted an automatic I would probably get a nicely optioned CT5V (non-BW) for like $60-$64k instead.

View attachment 13085
Here's the screenshot of the email they sent out, but agreed with everything you said.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-10-01-22-02-02~2.png
    Screenshots_2022-10-01-22-02-02~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
Here's the screenshot of the email they sent out, but agreed with everything you said.
That price drop helps a bit assuming there are no other costs like expensive dealer fees, add-ons, etc. In fact, that may be the first new car I have seen offered below MSRP this year. They are still charging $5k over on Corollas around here. :)

They also may need to unload those 2022s if they want GM to ship them their 2023 allocations. I always find it odd that we have folks waiting for months and months on here for their ordered BWs but they have the stock ordered cars that now need to be discounted to sell them. If GM would move to a customer based online order system like Tesla, you could see what everyone wants and they can build them accordingly rather than just loading them up with every damn option.

Last edited:
We purchased a new 2014 ATS at Mahwah back in 2015. No complaints with sales/service there. When i ordered my 5bw, i just happened to go to a closer dealer. However, Mahwah gave a friend of mine the run around when he contacted them to order a 5bw a year or so ago. He wasn't happy with them at all. Maybe I'll drop by there one day this week just to see the 4BWs in person.

View attachment 13085
Agree. If a 4BW without CF1 climbs into the $70k's you do start thinking a bit more and anything approaching $75k all the more. A10 + interior + sunroof on their own gets you the better part of $10k so I can see how all these dealer spec'd cars are getting there.
Great heads up Matt27 :) Looks like some deals are there to be had.

That price drop helps a bit assuming there are no other costs like expensive dealer fees, add-ons, etc. In fact, that may be the first new car I have seen offered below MSRP this year. They are still charging $5k over on Corollas around here. :)

They also may need to unload those 2022s if they want GM to ship them their 2023 allocations. I always find it odd that we have folks waiting for months and months on here for their ordered BWs but they have the stock ordered cars that now need to be discounted to sell them. If GM would move to a customer based online order system like Tesla, you could see what everyone wants and they can build them accordingly rather than just loading them up with every damn option.

That or prioritize sold orders and deliver them first.

Nothing helps you predict what the buying public will buy like what buying public has already bought.

Delaware Cadillac​

Wilmington, DE
***MSRP on CT4-V BW only***
$10k over on CT5-V BW

And shorty after that they were rolling a shopping cart under the bridge.

Probably stopped now because of the rates but people would refinance their house annually. Always crazy to go into someone's file and see 5 previous files

I wonder when that'll trickle down to the 5BW :sneaky:

I wonder when that'll trickle down to the 5BW :sneaky:
hate to be the bearer of bad news but i'd assume never. I don't anticipate these to ever really sit on a lot for any reason other than ADM is too much.. Only exception being a dealer ordered a car with options that don't make sense.. like Auto with CCB, CF1/2, but with a sunroof and no PDR. So a track car without the PDR but with a sunroof.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back