Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Crest Cadillac Frisco charging MSRP if you order from them. Ordered Black Friday 2021 7/8/22 car arrived at dealership.
Crest won’t sell to out-of-state apparently. Just spoke with them about getting a 5BW order in.

Crest Cadillac Frisco charging MSRP if you order from them. Ordered Black Friday 2021 7/8/22 car arrived at dealership.
Got my bw ordered and @msrp back in February during the height of the whole crazy adm madness. Crest kept their word and were super easy to deal with. I’m just confused why anyone with interest rates at all time highs and the impending collapse of the used car market would anyone even touch a car unless it was MSRP or under. I will probably in a year feel pretty dumb about buying at MSRP but imagine pay over!!!

Gotta believe these BW will depreciate at slower pace due to their collectibility and rarity but your point is well taken. The air is coming out of the used car market with delinquencies and repos rising quickly

Thanks for this. I am now 4th in line. Fingers crossed. Toes crossed for CF.
That's around where I was when I originally ordered. I did have to delete all the CF but that's ok. They told me that from the get go that would probably be necessary. So I added CCB.
Now if I could get it in somewhere for PPF I'd be happy.

Got my bw ordered and @msrp back in February during the height of the whole crazy adm madness. Crest kept their word and were super easy to deal with. I’m just confused why anyone with interest rates at all time highs and the impending collapse of the used car market would anyone even touch a car unless it was MSRP or under. I will probably in a year feel pretty dumb about buying at MSRP but imagine pay over!!!
No offense but your post tells me you aren’t old enough to have any gray hair 👨‍🦳

Don’t let the last decade of zero and near interest rates confuse you into thinking rates are at “all time highs”. The current interest rate levels are still historically low and well below inflation. You might want to google Paul Volcker for some context on what the Fed could (and has historically done) to tame inflation. In my view they are still behind the curve and should be much more hawkish as the stability of the dollars you use is at stake if they continue on
the reckless path of rate repression they’ve been in the last decade. There is no prudent way to keep rates persistently below inflation without eroding the purchasing power of the currency in the process.

I don’t consider borrowing money at below the rate of inflation to be a bad deal. It’s effectively less than free money in real terms.

No offense but your post tells me you aren’t old enough to have any gray hair 👨‍🦳

Don’t let the last decade of zero and near interest rates confuse you into thinking rates are at “all time highs”. The current interest rate levels are still historically low and well below inflation. You might want to google Paul Volcker for some context on what the Fed could (and has historically done) to tame inflation. In my view they are still behind the curve and should be much more hawkish as the stability of the dollars you use is at stake if they continue on
the reckless path of rate repression they’ve been in the last decade. There is no prudent way to keep rates persistently below inflation without eroding the purchasing power of the currency in the process.

I don’t consider borrowing money at below the rate of inflation to be a bad deal. It’s effectively less than free money in real terms.
Lol I know about 18% home loans etc, what I’m saying is the low interest rates have been the impetus to inflation allowing for spiraling cost and allowing a lot of people to purchase vehicles way beyond their capabilities same with houses. So with the slight increases we have seen home
Mortgage applications are at all time lows and used car stock piles are spiraling not to mention repos. This all paints a horrible market for overpriced goods that are really only expensive bc of the affordability allowed by the interest rate welfare that has been occurring in this country for decades. So add it all up and you will see values of good plummet as supply surpasses demand and value overall decreases due to inability to afford luxury products once attainable through subsidized interest rates.

That's around where I was when I originally ordered. I did have to delete all the CF but that's ok. They told me that from the get go that would probably be necessary. So I added CCB.
Now if I could get it in somewhere for PPF I'd be happy.
Nice. That makes me more hopeful. I don't mind waiting as long as my order gets picked up.

Lol I know about 18% home loans etc, what I’m saying is the low interest rates have been the impetus to inflation allowing for spiraling cost and allowing a lot of people to purchase vehicles way beyond their capabilities same with houses. So with the slight increases we have seen home
Mortgage applications are at all time lows and used car stock piles are spiraling not to mention repos. This all paints a horrible market for overpriced goods that are really only expensive bc of the affordability allowed by the interest rate welfare that has been occurring in this country for decades. So add it all up and you will see values of good plummet as supply surpasses demand and value overall decreases due to inability to afford luxury products once attainable through subsidized interest rates.
I hope you are right. I’d happily trade off a 40% loss on my BW5 some years down the road for a stabilization of the purchasing power of the USD or for the ability to buy a move up home at a significant discount to today’s prices.

La Quinta Cadillac in Palm Springs has this Black Raven CT4V BW with CF1 and CF2 on display up for grabs.

IMG_0995.jpg

La Quinta Cadillac in Palm Springs has this Black Raven CT4V BW with CF1 and CF2 on display up for grabs.

View attachment 11383
Picked up my ct4 blackwing order from La Quinta today. They also have an orange 6mt blackwing with base seats and black wheels up for grabs. They will do MSRP, but added on "ceramic coating" and security for approx $1300 more. I wasn't even going to argue. In addition to this black one they had 2 white autos also. Ask for Luis.

Not saying for sure they'd go to MSRP, but this has been on the lot since June when they had $20k ADM on it and I'm still getting pinged by them on it, 6 weeks later.

They might finally be happy to shift it at/near enough MSRP, so thought I'd drop it in here, for those looking for manual and CF... and the 'best' colour ;)

I can't find any dealers in Northern CA that don't want at least $10k ADM (for a 5BW). Most are $20k - $25k ADM. I guess there is no shortage of people willing to get fleeced for the opportunity to own a BW. I'd love to know how many buyers are rolling this act of thievery into a long-term loan for an epic doubling down of financial stupidity. Even at MSRP I feel a bit reckless spending this much on a car, but to a point I can overlook that this is a want, that I really want.

Even at MSRP I feel a bit reckless spending this much on a car, but to a point I can overlook that this is a want, that I really want.
x2
Yep, felt this way when I got banged $7k because my '22 order wasn't picked up. I said f$$k it, it's only money and I want this car!

Wonder if GM was slow in producing cars at the end of 2022 so they could get the 7k from the roll over 2022's. I had orders at two different dealers for months with zero action towards allocations. Suddenly last Thursday they both came in at the same time. I'm very pleased as a person who doesn't live in TEXAS that I was luck enough to get an allocation but the 7K hit stings a little bit.

Wonder if GM was slow in producing cars at the end of 2022 so they could get the 7k from the roll over 2022's. I had orders at two different dealers for months with zero action towards allocations. Suddenly last Thursday they both came in at the same time. I'm very pleased as a person who doesn't live in TEXAS that I was luck enough to get an allocation but the 7K hit stings a little bit.
Totally, agree! Just BS I am sure mine will come now?

How do you get around getting in trouble for ridiculous "dealer markup" from the "parents"?

"Custom Chrome Delete"

You can get a whole ass car wrapped for less than $2000... I can't imagine what cost 29K for a chrome delete.

View attachment 11669
And you're SAVING $500 on top of it. What a bargain!

I was talking to a buddy that manages the fleet of a large county in CA and he said the exact same thing. While GM is certainly experiencing higher costs due to inflation, market adjustment pricing has created so much ill will towards dealers that something had to be done to make it go away. I'm not happy about '23 MSRP, but I can at least stand by my principal of not paying ADM/MA premiums.

What part of CA do you live? Let me know which dealer you didn't go with, I want an allocation!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back