Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

I was talking to a buddy that manages the fleet of a large county in CA and he said the exact same thing. While GM is certainly experiencing higher costs due to inflation, market adjustment pricing has created so much ill will towards dealers that something had to be done to make it go away. I'm not happy about '23 MSRP, but I can at least stand by my principal of not paying ADM/MA premiums.

What part of CA do you live? Let me know which dealer you didn't go with, I want an allocation!!
are you saying this person believes GM upped the price by $7k so dealers won't have to? .. as if that makes any logical sense.. sounds like "trickle down" all over again but worse

Got a call from Fields Cadillac in St Augustine this morning. They have an Automatic 2023 Black on Black ct5-v Blackwing coming in. They sell at MSRP. Have to have a trade. Ask for Matt if interested, told him I would let people know that may be interested. Cheers.

Just secured an order for a 2023 CT4 BW. Covert Cadillac in Austin, TX is selling it to me for MSRP. They did require me to purchase a $2k protection package, but I have some options there. They also mentioned they can sell to anyone in the country, just needs to be picked up here.

I’m just confused why anyone with interest rates at all time highs and the impending collapse of the used car market would anyone even touch a car unless it was MSRP or under.
Interest rates seemed to have skipped a generation or two. In the 70’s you could expect 10-12% for an auto loan. In the 80’s 15% was common for a few years.
If we want inflation to slow down to 2% then expect rates to approach 10%.

In addition to the deposit I have with Covert Cadillac in Austin, TX (MSRP + $2k protection package, mandatory), I have a custom order with Ken Batchelor Cadillac in San Antonio, TX. They're doing MSRP but must be a Texas resident, whereas Covert was willing to sell to anyone.

I can't find any dealers in Northern CA that don't want at least $10k ADM (for a 5BW). Most are $20k - $25k ADM. I guess there is no shortage of people willing to get fleeced for the opportunity to own a BW. I'd love to know how many buyers are rolling this act of thievery into a long-term loan for an epic doubling down of financial stupidity. Even at MSRP I feel a bit reckless spending this much on a car, but to a point I can overlook that this is a want, that I really want.
Try Cadillac South San Francisco, that's where my order is and at least for my 4, they work at MSRP

Try Cadillac South San Francisco, that's where my order is and at least for my 4, they work at MSRP
The waitlist is...any guesses for how long? OK that doesn't work on a forum, I'm #35...haha. They only got 7 allocations for '22 model year, so hoping a LOT of people ahead of me got fired, died, or otherwise can't take a '23 BW...OK no that is rude, peace; prosperity, and health to all...except 34 people...you know who you are...

The waitlist is...any guesses for how long? OK that doesn't work on a forum, I'm #35...haha. They only got 7 allocations for '22 model year, so hoping a LOT of people ahead of me got fired, died, or otherwise can't take a '23 BW...OK no that is rude, peace; prosperity, and health to all...except 34 people...you know who you are...
Cadillac of Steven's Creek has several available (and supposedly on the lot), and they're claiming MSRP. It's an automatic and has a decent amount of options. I'm gonna check it out on Saturday but I don't plan on buying it because my car is produced already, and I don't plan on buying an auto. I'll let you know.

As for San Francisco, I had a complicated scenario, but I ordered in January, and got an allocation in March. They claimed #40 but since I didn't want CF or options I got up the list. I turned it down because I decided I wanted a CT5-V instead. In June, they told me they wouldn't get any CT5-Vs and offered the first 2023 BW allocations, so technically that was instant. Not sure if that helps but it might give you an idea.

If I find a CT5-V, I'll also let you know in case you want the one I ordered, though I will mention it's very light on options.

Somebody hit the light switch, it just got really dark in here. 😂

If I find a CT5-V, I'll also let you know in case you want the one I ordered, though I will mention it's very light on options.
That would only work if you bought it and then resold. If you declined delivery, a reputable dealer would offer it to the next customer in line that had an unfulfilled order. And a more sleazy dealer would try to sell it on their lot with a hefty ADM.

That would only work if you bought it and then resold. If you declined delivery, a reputable dealer would offer it to the next customer in line that had an unfulfilled order. And a more sleazy dealer would try to sell it on their lot with a hefty ADM.
hmmm okay. was hoping I could say a friend wanted it but I guess I see the logic in that.

hmmm okay. was hoping I could say a friend wanted it but I guess I see the logic in that.
It doesn't hurt to make that proposition to the sales manager, but I think it's a long shot. Look at it this way, they have customers that have been waiting for sometimes a year, then someone just walks up out of the blue that never ordered a car and gets a car.

Cadillac of Steven's Creek has several available (and supposedly on the lot), and they're claiming MSRP. It's an automatic and has a decent amount of options. I'm gonna check it out on Saturday but I don't plan on buying it because my car is produced already, and I don't plan on buying an auto. I'll let you know.

As for San Francisco, I had a complicated scenario, but I ordered in January, and got an allocation in March. They claimed #40 but since I didn't want CF or options I got up the list. I turned it down because I decided I wanted a CT5-V instead. In June, they told me they wouldn't get any CT5-Vs and offered the first 2023 BW allocations, so technically that was instant. Not sure if that helps but it might give you an idea.

I was just at Stevens Creek Cadillac for service on my 5 for oil change and recall to reprogram multiple modules.
They do have 3 CT4 Blackwing's in the showroom. The white one is a manual. They have CF 1 & 2. They also have a Shadow Metallic CT4 Blackwing, but I didn't get pics of that one.

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0788.jpg
    IMG_0788.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 78
Not related to BWs but a good story anyway. Got a call from a local Chevrolet dealer yesterday that I had discussed ordering a Z06 with 6-8 months ago. Salesman is all excited, asked me if I am ready to order. I ask if they are sure they are getting allocations and he says yes, will find out how many next week but I am one of the first on the list. so I get pretty excited and say why sure, I am ready to order. Then.............the salesman dropped the bomb. Uh sir, yea, there is a $50k ADM on the car!!!! I was like are you crazy. So, GM is going to stiffle the little man from flipping their car by cancelling the warranty for the next owner, but they will allow the dealers to add $50k to the price?!

Not related to BWs but a good story anyway. Got a call from a local Chevrolet dealer yesterday that I had discussed ordering a Z06 with 6-8 months ago. Salesman is all excited, asked me if I am ready to order. I ask if they are sure they are getting allocations and he says yes, will find out how many next week but I am one of the first on the list. so I get pretty excited and say why sure, I am ready to order. Then.............the salesman dropped the bomb. Uh sir, yea, there is a $50k ADM on the car!!!! I was like are you crazy. So, GM is going to stiffle the little man from flipping their car by cancelling the warranty for the next owner, but they will allow the dealers to add $50k to the price?!
I'm sure anyone who experiences this sort of treatment will fully support financial support/bailouts for dealers during the next major economic shock which impacts the industry. Also, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would support direct sales from manufacturers to the consumer. As the auto dealer lobby has noted, the benefits to consumers of having a dealerships dependent distribution model are clear. I would have countered them at 100k ADM, and not a penny less.

I'm sure anyone who experiences this sort of treatment will fully support financial support/bailouts for dealers during the next major economic shock which impacts the industry. Also, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would support direct sales from manufacturers to the consumer. As the auto dealer lobby has noted, the benefits to consumers of having a dealerships dependent distribution model are clear. I would have countered them at 100k ADM, and not a penny less.
Not for nothing, but I'd report them.

www.autoblog.com/amp/2022/01/20/2023-chevy-corvette-z06-markup-price-protection/

id-buy-that-for-a-dollar-robocop.gif

I plan on calling GM about it, I am sure nothing will be done, the whole independent dealer excuse. Side note I went into this dealer twice(they are also a small Cadillac dealer) to inquire about a 5BW and couldnt get them to cal me back. so obviously I moved on to another dealer.

I plan on calling GM about it, I am sure nothing will be done, the whole independent dealer excuse. Side note I went into this dealer twice(they are also a small Cadillac dealer) to inquire about a 5BW and couldnt get them to cal me back. so obviously I moved on to another dealer.
FWIW I'm #27 on the list at Sewell in Andrews, TX. MSRP, no games. Adds are optional (tint, ceramic). That was on 6/13 and they said "around 26 ahead of you" .. so idk if I'll ever see the allocation. Might be worth signing up and just hope a bunch of people drop out due to the price tag. They don't require a deposit

How do you get around getting in trouble for ridiculous "dealer markup" from the "parents"?

"Custom Chrome Delete"

You can get a whole ass car wrapped for less than $2000... I can't imagine what cost 29K for a chrome delete.

View attachment 11669
Custom Chrome delete? What's the Chrome version look like, since you gotta delete it? Is it 28k lighter? Wow!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back