Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Data Video Card

FARMER

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
ct5v blackwing 2023
dealer wanted to sell too me a chip that said north america maps for $500, I am still looking

You can buy the SD Card from GMNAVDISC.com On sale right now, ($99) but only the 2022 version. I don't see 2023 available yet.

CT5 Nav Update

Last edited:
You can buy the SD Card from GMNAVDISC.com On sale right now, but only the 2022 version. I don't see 2023 available yet.

CT5 Nav Update
I should state that if your car shows an icon that says "Navigation" and looks like a compass arrow pointing north on the home infotainment screen, you should have a Nav SD card already. If it says "No SD Card Present" when you touch that icon, then they owe you a card. If you do NOT have an icon that says "Navigation" then all bets are off and you do not have Nav capability.

If your car came with factory NAV, which most all do, it should already have the SD "Maps" card installed in the SD slot in the center console where the USB connections are located? The factory DIC NAV system will not work without that disc in the slot. You also need an additional Onstar data package as well to feed it. More $$$....You can also use Apple or Android NAV, for free, for now.

If your car came with factory NAV, which most all do, it should already have the SD "Maps" card installed in the SD slot in the center console where the USB connections are located? The factory DIC NAV system will not work without that disc in the slot. You also need an additional Onstar data package as well to feed it. More $$$....You can also use Apple or Android NAV, for free, for now.
I prefer to use AndroidAuto/Apple Carplay. The built-in Nav will show up on the HUD and gauge cluster, but I rarely find that useful. The phone is always up to date, shares traffic info, and I am already paying for it so why pay again if I don't have to?

I prefer to use AndroidAuto/Apple Carplay. The built-in Nav will show up on the HUD and gauge cluster, but I rarely find that useful. The phone is always up to date, shares traffic info, and I am already paying for it so why pay again if I don't have to?
I agree, as some the other OPS have recently posted GM has its eye on the 'free" apps service and finding a way to get that slice of the pie away from us as well! Stay tuned to that development in the future!

Edit: BTW, Great Looking Car Sir! @BlueBird

I lost the factory navigation a few weeks ago when I hit 6 months ownership. Does anyone know how much that OnStar data package costs to get traffic and navigation in the factory unit? I haven't checked on it yet and can't imagine for a nights and weekends car that I would spend for it.

I lost the factory navigation a few weeks ago when I hit 6 months ownership. Does anyone know how much that OnStar data package costs to get traffic and navigation in the factory unit? I haven't checked on it yet and can't imagine for a nights and weekends car that I would spend for it.
Go to cadillac.com. Create a login if you don't have one and check your cars "plans and services" and it should tell you what the current plan is and how much the monthly subscription will be. I believe the unlimited monthly plan at $25 will get the NAV going? I'm using 3rd party.

Go to cadillac.com. Create a login if you don't have one and check your cars "plans and services" and it should tell you what the current plan is and how much the monthly subscription will be. I believe the unlimited monthly plan at $25 will get the NAV going? I'm using 3rd party.
I thought that might be the case. $15 or $25 per month seems a bit expensive for a car that I've only driven 800+ miles in a little over 6 months. I think I will hold off on signing up for that package and see if I find that I'm wanting to use it over the summer months. Waze, Google Maps and my intuition is telling me this is too much money for such limited usage. Thank you.

I agree, as some the other OPS have recently posted GM has its eye on the 'free" apps service and finding a way to get that slice of the pie away from us as well! Stay tuned to that development in the future!
NB: That is on future models, not current ones. It will never cost money to use AA/CP on current Blackwings.

As it should be, if that is indeed the case....something else may be lurking in the shadows. There always is.

I use Waze mostly, but since your post, I checked to see if I still had navigation and I do. I didn't pay attention to traffic or any other feature. My delivery anniversary was earlier this month (had to provide the PW on the screen).

Ah, I remember ordering the Nav Update CD-ROM for my 2012 V-Wagon.
What a total waste of money.
Got tired of driving over the new Bay Bridge and the car complaining I was under water.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Ah, I remember ordering the Nav Update CD-ROM for my 2012 V-Wagon.
What a total waste of money.
Got tired of driving over the new Bay Bridge and the car complaining I was under water.
I had that same problem in Boston with my phone apps. In the tunnels the nav thought I was up on the surface streets and went bonkers. I think it’s a GPS issue more than a map issue.

The only thing the onboard navigation is useful for is displaying the speed on the instrument cluster and HUD (can't remember if it goes on the HUD for sure). If you don't have the nav SD card in, it won't work.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back