Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Customizing engine cover?

GTANotch88

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'22 CT5-V BW
I want to do something custom with my engine cover. Just not 100% sure of exactly what to do.
One idea I have is to paint either the inner(around the cadillac emblem) or outer section electric blue to match the body. Maybe the whole thing?
Another idea was to have a replica cover made out of carbon fiber. In that case the cover would have to be sent away and it would probably have to be completely smoothed out.
I may do both.
I picked up 2 spare covers to mess around with so I can leave my original one untouched.

IMG_20220623_132628_442.jpg

Anyone wanna give photoshop a try...

Unknown-29.jpeg

Last edited:
I want to do something custom with my engine cover. Just not 100% sure of exactly what to do.
One idea I have is to paint either the inner(around the cadillac emblem) or outer section electric blue to match the body. Maybe the whole thing?
Another idea was to have a replica cover made out of carbon fiber. In that case the cover would have to be sent away and it would probably have to be completely smoothed out.
I may do both.
I picked up 2 spare covers to mess around with so I can leave my original one untouched.

View attachment 9700
@WONT TAP is offering a carbon fiber cover.

Why not electric blue on the outside and your caliper color in the middle

I thought I read WONTTAP was only doing the 4BW.
I think the third gen cts-V/LT4 cover may fit with some modification. But its anywhere from 400-900 bucks.

My calipers are the standard gray so not sure if that would be too many different colors/tones.

Edit: After looking at it some more, I'm thinking electric blue on the sides and carbon fiber down the middle. Now how to accomplish that is the question.

I also wanna do some custom touches on the airbox. Maybe Electric Blue in the indents of the design.

Last edited:
I thought I read WONTTAP was only doing the 4BW.
I think the third gen cts-V/LT4 cover may fit with some modification. But its anywhere from 400-900 bucks.

My calipers are the standard gray so not sure if that would be too many different colors/tones.
You’re correct.

I'm hoping someone will come out with a CF version for the 5 and I will purchase one for sure..... Meanwhile my cover is on a secrete mission.......

Finally got started with sanding down the texture. Once I have it all smooth and ease some of the sharper lines, I'll lay up some fiberglass to make a mold. If that turns out good, I'll do a lay up of carbon fiber and see how it comes out. I'll also eventually paint this smooth plastic oem one electric blue.
20220916_204858.jpg

Smoothed, primed and wet sanded. Ready to make a mold now. Also found a source for 2x2 cf twill already woven with the chevron, "v", pattern. That should be slightly easier to lay up. Just not sure how well itll lay up with some of the sharper lines, but worth a shot. I can always adjust for a second attempt since I have a few ideas/options to deal with it.
20220925_220030.jpg

Smoothed, primed and wet sanded. Ready to make a mold now. Also found a source for 2x2 cf twill already woven with the chevron, "v", pattern. That should be slightly easier to lay up. Just not sure how well itll lay up with some of the sharper lines, but worth a shot. I can always adjust for a second attempt since I have a few ideas/options to deal with it.View attachment 12973
I like what you're doing here. I like where this is going. Can't wait to see more progress!

In for a CF one when you're ready to distribute. :happyanim:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners