Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Custom fabricated exhaust

Not sure if these are still on sale, but these looked like a legit option as well and a way to keep the factory tips.

Ok..so we copied @theprototype exhaust system and I got it back yesterday. This was a win in my opinion. I now have the burbles at a level like my wife's escalade v. Frankly, the exhaust sounds a lot like a V now, like I wish it had as oem. It's louder but not over the top..Bluetooth inside is still very usable. Thanks again for putting this together.

Not to jack the thread, but I'm meeting with Billy Boat in Mooresville, NC soon to explore an exhaust solution. My hope is for them to be able to craft a complete catback for the 4BW. Downpipes would be an added bonus.

Were you able to make any progress with them? Billy Boat is big in the corvette community.

Were you able to make any progress with them? Billy Boat is big in the corvette community.
Meeting with him and the fabrication team on Sep 1st. Yep they're a giant in Vette world. I believe they've offered systems for previous V cars as well. I've had a full turbo-back setup from BB on my VW for many years and I still love it.

Meeting with him and the fabrication team on Sep 1st. Yep they're a giant in Vette world. I believe they've offered systems for previous V cars as well. I've had a full turbo-back setup from BB on my VW for many years and I still love it.
Nice - let us know how it goes. This could be a good solution, literally my only complaint on the car is that it's too quiet in loud mode

Will you be dyno testing this set up? I want a little more noise too but don't want to give up any power.

I am looking forward to what comes of this meeting. Whatever they build for you, I probably want one too-- so long as it doesn't rob any power.

I see this as a huge opportunity to our aftermarket if BB can make it happen.

At your service. Magnaflow 4” part #10416. I believe they said 14” long.

Want to make sure these are right. Look right to me.

Will you be dyno testing this set up? I want a little more noise too but don't want to give up any power.
If they build it - yes.
I am looking forward to what comes of this meeting. Whatever they build for you, I probably want one too-- so long as it doesn't rob any power.

I see this as a huge opportunity to our aftermarket if BB can make it happen.
I'm rather excited to see what they can come up with.

Ok..so we copied @theprototype exhaust system and I got it back yesterday. This was a win in my opinion. I now have the burbles at a level like my wife's escalade v. Frankly, the exhaust sounds a lot like a V now, like I wish it had as oem. It's louder but not over the top..Bluetooth inside is still very usable. Thanks again for putting this together.
So glad it worked out! Im surprised how quiet it is with the valves closed with this system. Definitely a best of both worlds situation

Yeah if they can do a full system for the 4BW I'm definitely interested.
Woah there cowboy. We need the 5 to breathe a little more first.
I really hope this becomes a winner for us that want a little more noise without losing in other arena's.

I should have a good tomorrow what BBE has in mind. Offering a vehicle as a test bed for potential production parts is new to me. Interested to see how this shakes out and how my own input factors in.

Very interested to see what they can come up with for the 4BW.

Update: met briefly with Mr. Boat this morning to look over the 4BW and discuss a few details. Seems promising that they may move forward and eventually offer something for owners of this platform.

I'm touching base with him in a few weeks, after he has had time to consider options. Will update again after that.

Update: met briefly with Mr. Boat this morning to look over the 4BW and discuss a few details. Seems promising that they may move forward and eventually offer something for owners of this platform.

I'm touching base with him in a few weeks, after he has had time to consider options. Will update again after that.

Nice! How long does it typically take for something like this to happen? Assuming it retains the valve functionality and tips, I would be one of the first in line to buy it.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Nice! How long does it typically take for something like this to happen? Assuming it retains the valve functionality and tips, I would be one of the first in line to buy it.

Thanks for keeping us updated!
That's an answer that I don't have. Once the car is the air, I would think between measurements, mock-up, fabrication and fitting, that the process would go fairly quick. I would go ahead and assume that the shop would create jigs or something else in order to produce the same components with a high degree of consistency. At this time, the discussion was leaning towards adding new valves, two separate mufflers and round double wall tips. Downpipes are also a possibility.

Very cool, thanks again for the updates... but do keep them coming!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back