Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing wheel specs?

This is what was packaged on my aftermarket lug nuts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
My dealer gave me the box from the black lug nuts that I included in my original build. P/N is 84448918 which all seem to come back as 14 x 1.5 on a google hits. Also, I found this thread on the one of C8 forums which indicates that these will fit the C8 vettes and C6 Camaros as well.

Attachments

• lugs.jpg
    lugs.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 108
I don’t have my C8 any more to check but I wonder if the C8 studs are the same diameter. I know both use a larger 21mm socket to remove the lug nuts whereas the C7 and prior were 19mm.
I don't have one on hand, but the CT5 seems to need a 22mm socket for the lug nuts? 21mm is too small and 7/8 seems ever so slightly loose - can anyone confirm?

5 x 120 mm. is correct for the CT4-V Blackwing, and ATS-V front wheels will fit. However, the rears need to be different, since the Blackwing brake calipers are larger.
This is not true. I’m guessing maybe your ATS was a coupe? The ATS coupe and sedan had different offsets. The wheels on the ATS and CT4 sedans are apples to apples. Wasted a good track day on factory tires because of this post

This is not true. I’m guessing maybe your ATS was a coupe? The ATS coupe and sedan had different offsets. The wheels on the ATS and CT4 sedans are apples to apples. Wasted a good track day on factory tires because of this post
You're correct that ATS-Vs used different offset rear wheels for the coupes and sedans. However, CT4-V Blackwing rear brakes are absolutely larger than those on ATS-Vs and most aftermarket ATS-V rear wheels will not clear the calipers.

My comment above was intended to be helpful for those attempting to install aftermarket wheels on their CT4-V Blackwings. I apologize if you used the information I provided and 'wasted a track day'.

They were posted somewhere on this forum but I don’t have them handy.

They were posted somewhere on this forum but I don’t have them handy.
I was only able to find the ones for the 4BW

Online I found these for the 5BW, but would be nice to double check:
Bronze wheels:
F - 85155514
R - 85155515

Last edited:
And just to be clear, the bronze wheels are NOT the promised Magnesium wheel, right? In the original story, the Mg wheels were Bronze.

And just to be clear, the bronze wheels are NOT the promised Magnesium wheel, right? In the original story, the Mg wheels were Bronze.
Correct, the Mg wheels have yet to materialize.

If anybody wanted to know the front wheels and tires weigh 56.6 and the rear 56.2.

That seems... Implausible. No offense, but the rears are significantly larger. How can they be 0.4lbs lighter?
It could be due to the difference in the thickness of the wheels where they mate to the hubs. 🤷‍♂️

How does a 11” wide wheel with a 305 tire weigh less than a 10” wheel with a 275 tire?
Also, which stock wheels are we talking about here?

Generally don’t go back and forth but I had time today.
A6CE8CCF-6407-42DC-B273-EB7F5E01B07E.jpeg

Rears
0A50A96B-C3CF-45EB-9B70-CA2197ADCE4E.jpeg

Fronts

6/32-7/32s.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• D3D90068-E522-4196-A153-DBEAD1151BBC.jpeg
    D3D90068-E522-4196-A153-DBEAD1151BBC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
That is very helpful!

The oe tire sizes off tirerack with 9/32 when new weight 28 lbs for 275 front and 30lbs 305 rear.

Bathroom scales aren't always the most accurate but you get the idea.
I generally keep my car at a warehouse storage. They have doctors office scale, not sure how accurate those are but they weighed within .2 lbs.

I’m assuming the rears are just lighter wheels, less materials. I also assume tire rack has those weights incorrect. I know 5mm sidewall difference makes a difference for sure.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back