Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Shipping

My phenomenal CA Dustin sends me location updates. I have never even asked, he is possibly more excited than me. Tells you how cool a dude he is.
thanks for the kind words........ Your vehicle will be arriving tomorrow... (well, it's past midnight, so today I guess) .... the driver ended up hitting his hours 20 mins out and had too stop :)

1651220207167.png

Honestly I have no idea. I have never tried that tracker. As I said, my updates are from my salesperson. Could be coming on Jack Cooper or Jack Daniel's for all I know...
Its coming via ACCELERATED AUTO TRANSPORT

If only we all had a salesman like @1StunnaV!
I placed my deposit on a 5 in September 2021. After a few months of 0 correspondence (and there was nothing to report, so that was not an issue for me), I decided to hop on the Sewell Train and ordered a 5 with Dustin. We connected periodically, and probably late February I asked about maybe ordering a 4 as I wait. March 12 he called and had an available 4 that is 99% how I would have fully ordered it (the one I am getting has black wheels, I would have selected bronze). Here it is 4/29 and the car should land.

My initial mistake was ordering from a dealer that sells very few V Series cars. I'm in Colorado, people buy Escalades here. But I get it now, and am in solid position thanks to Dustin and Sewell (and Tall Steve, for referring Dustin).

Now that I finally have a car that is built, I'm starting to read the "Shipping" threads.

Someone in one of these assorted threads said he turned on the car's Onstar feature in order to track his car.

What are the pros and cons of doing that?

Does having Onstar active draw down on the car's battery? (a HUGE con!)

I am wondering why more folks don't do this ... are there some very good reasons against it????

Now that I finally have a car that is built, I'm starting to read the "Shipping" threads.

Someone in one of these assorted threads said he turned on the car's Onstar feature in order to track his car.

I am wondering why more folks don't do this ... are there some very good reasons against it????
The battery drain is a concern. Additionally, the dealership has to allow this to happen. They're essentially giving you access to a car that you don't even technically own yet. Some will and some won't.

The battery drain is a concern. Additionally, the dealership has to allow this to happen. They're essentially giving you access to a car that you don't even technically own yet. Some will and some won't.
The battery issue is enough to NOT do it! Can you imagine having a car on the top level of a transport truck and it won't start; let alone what it would do to the electronics of the car. UGH!

Thanks so much for the speedy reply!

Please do NOT do this unless the salesman sets it up first.

Doing this early by yourself will do a few things,

A) screw up the enrollment process because it’s supposed to start on the computer at the dealer to be completed properly. This throws things out of sync and most of the time causes the app not to work for a day or two.

B) The dealer is judged on how many signup at the dealership rather than outside of it. They want to make sure we are telling you about it.

C) The salesperson can miss certain goals/awards if not initiated by him/her as GM see it as the salesperson didn’t tell you about onstar.

d) if completed too early, you may end up losing your 6 month trial since you can’t do the welcome call from inside of the car within a certain timeframe.

Overall if you can live without doing this, your salesperson would prefer this as it just can create headaches.

If you absolutely must do it, just get with your salesperson first and don’t add just the vin to your app or account prior to the online enrollment at/from your dealer.

Last edited:

Onstar is active on the car prior to it being in your name, just in demo mode. Drain shouldn’t be any different.

The cars are in a tansport mode to minimize battery drain loss and also have a battery drain protection once it gets to a certain point. I’ve never had a brand new car show up from the factory with battery drain issues.

Please do NOT do this unless the salesman sets it up first.

Doing this early by yourself will do two things,

A) screw up the enrollment process because it’s supposed to start on the computer at the dealer to be completed properly. This throws things out of sync and most of the time causes the app not to work for a day or two.

B) The dealer is judged on how many signup at the dealership rather than outside of it. They want to make sure we are telling you about it.

C) The salesperson can miss certain goals/awards if not initiated by him/her as GM see it as the salesperson didn’t tell you about onstar.

d) if completed to early, you will end up losing your 6 month trial since you can’t do the welcome call from inside of the car within a certain timeframe.

Overall if you can live without doing this, your salesperson would prefer this as it just can create headaches.

If you absolutely must do it, just get with your salesperson first and don’t add just the vin to your app or account prior to the online enrollment your dealer.
This is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you so much for participating in this Forum. Your advice is appreciated and welcomed. I will not even broach the subject with my dealer :)

Onstar is active on the car prior to it being in your name, just in demo mode. Drain shouldn’t be any different.

The cars are in a tansport mode to minimize battery drain loss and also have a battery drain protection once it gets to a certain point. I’ve never had a brand new car show up from the factory with battery drain issues.
Good to know that these cars are in a "transport mode" to preserve their batteries. I've read where things go wonky on cars in general when batteries run low and the electronics get messed up. We always have our cars on trickle battery chargers when not being used as daily drivers.

Found out today my 4 was built 9 weeks ago in February. Delivered to dealer on 4/29.
My 5V was built on Feb 25 and delivered to dealer on 4/7. Picked it up on 4/9. When are you making the trip to get yours?

Found out today my 4 was built 9 weeks ago in February. Delivered to dealer on 4/29.
What's your car #, 46-_ _ _?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners